Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

54 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

not to mention 9 weeks off in the best of the time the year.

2 weeks off to enjoy the Christmas holidays with family.

1-2 weeks off at spring break.

The abundance of pro-d days

Joke of a post 

surrey teacher cat 5 

paycheck is 1200 every 2 weeks 

most new teachers probably work 10 hours or more a day for this plus sat or sunday hrs

clearly u have no experience in the profession  But keep blabbering on.  Its good humor 

misinformed people like u contribute to teaching shortage crisis 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I believe they need to offer more to attract better candidates. I think education is our most important resource. I have two teachers in my extended family ( bros wife and girl friend after , haha) and honestly they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. However they are on 70+ these days. That said my older sister is a superintendent at the school board, she is on decent 6 figures but it took her a long time to work her way up. 

I'm starting my retail ( liq stores) managers at 50k, but as you and @NucksPatsFan point out lots of benefits, time off , pension etc.. to being a teacher. 

Still I think they need to up the game a bit.

Bc and especially the lower mainland are highly desirable areas to work thus more people applying thus no reason for the government to push wages hugher.

Like your family members my cousin is a principal and makes low six figures.it was a real slog up the senority list and she worked at some terrible schools.

• Hydration 1

12 minutes ago, Violator said:

Bc and especially the lower mainland are highly desirable areas to work thus more people applying thus no reason for the government to push wages hugher.

Like your family members my cousin is a principal and makes low six figures.it was a real slog up the senority list and she worked at some terrible schools.

Lower mainland used to be desirable...

Teachers are fleeing Vancouver and the surrounding suburbs due to high housing costs and the low teaching wages.

Classes of primary students now have no teacher.   Each day a unprepared TOC comes in and baby sits and then the next day a new unprepared TOC comes in.. Day after day.

Special needs kids are not getting serviced because the pull out special needs teachers are instead covering classes because teachers are ill every day.

Our public ed system in in crisis due to young people not wanting to stay in the profession of teaching.... due to long hours and low wages....

1 hour ago, Violator said:

$50,000 is pretty good money for a starting wage.plus benefits for life pension and job security.

its OK money. Theres a lot of demands on them from a lot of parents tho. If you had to deal with a tiger mama on a daily basis you'd want some coin too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So the cpc said the Mercer misquoting was just a joke.

So that means they can't complain about anything posted against them cause "just a joke?"

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/elections/rick-mercer-lashes-out-at-burnaby-conservatives-for-posting-fake-endorsement/ar-AAHrrnA?ocid=spartandhp

"“It was a joke, but all the lefties took umbrage with it, so we took it down” she said. “We were very surprised when people took it serious.”

Allow me to start:

Scheer said he would open up the abortion/pro choice debate

Scheer said he would sell off the Canadian military and privatize Canada's new security force

Ohh the possibilities of being able to joke are limitless.

Well that’s one way of trying to cover up a stupid mistake. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Well that’s one way of trying to cover up a stupid mistake. 

I guess choosing Scheer as leader was "just a joke" too. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Looks like Mr. Trudeau has some explaining to do.  Time Magazine has published a photo of him in "Brown Face" during a party when he was teaching in Vancouver.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/photo-emerges-of-trudeau-in-brownface-at-2001-party-1.4599848

well thats going to be an interesting explanation. Scheer must be shaking like a bowl of jelly right now giggling over this. 

I doubt its going to change any minds but its certainly very embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well thats going to be an interesting explanation. Scheer must be shaking like a bowl of jelly right now giggling over this. 

Will last Sunday Scheer have the same attitude today? 

"As long as someone takes responsibility for what they've said, and addresses the fact that in 2019 some things that may have been said in the past are inappropriate today, that if anything that they've ever said in the past caused any type of hurt or disrespect to one community or another and have apologized for that, I accept that," Scheer said to reporters during an overnight flight on his campaign plane from Ottawa to Vancouver."

Stay tuned! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, inane said:

"As long as someone takes responsibility for what they've said, and addresses the fact that in 2019 some things that may have been said in the past are inappropriate today, that if anything that they've ever said in the past caused any type of hurt or disrespect to one community or another and have apologized for that, I accept that," Scheer said to reporters during an overnight flight on his campaign plane from Ottawa to Vancouver."

Stay tuned! 

I'm really curious how he's going to try to deal with this one :lol: I guess I shouldn't be amused by this but for some reason I find it hilarious. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Would you be offended by a black politician that went to a party 20 years ago and had white face makeup on ?

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Would you be offended by a black politician that went to a party 20 years ago and had white face makeup on ?

no, but I've never really faced much racism in my life. A couple of times in China but thats about it. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What on earth is your point here

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Will be interesting if it turns out to be “blue face,” given that the partygoers were supposedly dressed as characters from the “Aladdin” movie.

Imagine that? The pictures were in black and white so we don’t even know what colour it is :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Looks like Mr. Trudeau has some explaining to do.  Time Magazine has published a photo of him in "Brown Face" during a party when he was teaching in Vancouver.

https://election.ctvnews.ca/photo-emerges-of-trudeau-in-brownface-at-2001-party-1.4599848

I was going to post the below response lol

Scheer has said that literal years of homophobic, transphobic and racist comments made on social media and in public are ok as long as the person apologizes so...lets see if he walks the walk :p

21 minutes ago, inane said:

Stay tuned! 

My favorite part of this is the blatant hypocrisy in the right.

Literally ANYONE else having done this over the past 18 months:  OMG it's a costume, stop being so sensitive, it doesn't mean anything.  Jeez guys you're all being snowflakes.  it's not really racist.

Literally today:  OMG did you see what trudeau did?  he needs to step down.  That's awful

I absolutely love it.  For once there is something they can sink their teeth in to., but they literally cannot because Scheer JUST said it's ok if he apologizes and there's a history of the right over the past 2 years saying stop freaking out about it because it's really nothing.  Freedom of expression.

This is finally getting entertaining

• Haha 2

My favorite comments are from Singh

"It's making a mockery of someone for what they live and what their lived experiences are," Singh said. 

Because of course there are no photos of Singh dressed up at all during a halloween party.  Or literally any other candidate.

Please please please let this absolutely blow up.  I have been so bored the last few days

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, no one shoots themselves in the foot quite like a Liberal.