Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

I really want to see a video of him singing Day O in high school, I bet that is priceless.

I'm thinking back to costumes I wore back in the day.... a hippie (I'll say sorry now @luckylager), an army guy (sorry army guys).... geez I was so loaded for these things I really can't remember any more. 

What this might do is get this get this campaign down to some facts now instead of finger pointing, everyone seems to have done something very dumb now. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

I think Trudeau will be fine. If anything it might contribute to pushing ppl away who probably werent gunna vote for him anyways. Greens got some steam I wonder how much of the younger vote they could take from Libs/NDP.

2 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I'm Gen Z, I can't speak for millennials :ph34r:

It's obviously not a good look. He doesn't have a pattern of racist behaviour though, so I don't think we can judge him as racist - just ignorant.

thats a very fair way of looking at it. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its like no one wants to win the election. 

it's kind of seriously starting t feel like that

Except for May or Singh but they're like those creepy kids in the corner you just want to avoid eye contact with

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheAce said:

Full out groping a girl in the picture as well  ..... 2 strikes in 1 picture :lol:

Ohhhh did he get a squeeze in too?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

it's kind of seriously starting t feel like that

Except for May or Singh but they're like those creepy kids in the corner you just want to avoid eye contact with

yeah man, its really something. Trudeau really should be punished for his electoral reform broken promise. Add to that how many feel about SNC. Now this. If he can still beat Scheer its going to sting guys like @Ryan Strome as if he sat on a bee.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah man, its really something. Trudeau really should be punished for his electoral reform broken promise. Add to that how many feel about SNC. Now this. If he can still beat Scheer its going to sting guys like @Ryan Strome as if he sat on a bee.

Trudeau should be taking to the woodshed and whipped like a stupid child.  But sadly out of the two I'd still prefer him over Andy Pandering

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Joke of a post 

surrey teacher cat 5 

paycheck is 1200 every 2 weeks 

most new teachers probably work 10 hours or more a day for this plus sat or sunday hrs

clearly u have no experience in the profession  But keep blabbering on.  Its good humor 

misinformed people like u contribute to teaching shortage crisis 

The only joke is the guy avoiding facts lmao

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trudeau should be taking to the woodshed and whipped like a stupid child.  But sadly out of the two I'd still prefer him over Andy Pandering

oh dude, careful there :lol:

Thank god theres only 4 more weeks of this. Imagine if this was a 2 year cycle like in the US.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/photo-emerges-of-justin-trudeau-wearing-blackface-at-vancouver-party

Photo of Justin Trudeau wearing black makeup at Vancouver party surfaces

Prime Minister Trudeau apologizes for mistake, then reveals he also dressed in black makeup at a high school performance. 

Updated: September 18, 2019

251543525-justintrudeau_brownface-w.jpg?

Grabby grabs Mcgrabberton.

Mr. Dressup back in the day. 

Edited by riffraff

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I was going to post the below response lol

Scheer has said that literal years of homophobic, transphobic and racist comments made on social media and in public are ok as long as the person apologizes so...lets see if he walks the walk :p

My favorite part of this is the blatant hypocrisy in the right.

Literally ANYONE else having done this over the past 18 months:  OMG it's a costume, stop being so sensitive, it doesn't mean anything.  Jeez guys you're all being snowflakes.  it's not really racist.

Literally today:  OMG did you see what trudeau did?  he needs to step down.  That's awful

I absolutely love it.  For once there is something they can sink their teeth in to., but they literally cannot because Scheer JUST said it's ok if he apologizes and there's a history of the right over the past 2 years saying stop freaking out about it because it's really nothing.  Freedom of expression.

This is finally getting entertaining

My favorite part of this is the blatant hypocrisy in the right.

The level of blatant hypocrisy on the left is even more astounding given the relentless attacks on Scheer and the Conservatives by the Liberals.   The Liberals scour Social Media for comments made years ago and trying to dig up dirt everywhere.   It is great to see the shoe on the other foot and the Liberals getting a taste of their own medicine.

Are the Liberals now willing to stop the negative attacks on other candidates now they have they own "racist"?

We already see Trudeau supporters on this forum explain away his "brown face".    Are they as willing to forgive Scheer  if he wore "brown face" or "black face"?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The only joke is the guy avoiding facts lmao

That would clearly be you.  You have zero facts about teaching education programs degree or PDP and even about the career.

You are just the guy on the internet that blabs about something you nothing about.

Come back to the discussion when you have done the B.Ed or PDP program or worked in a school in any capacity.

8 minutes ago, DonLever said:

The level of blatant hypocrisy on the left is even more astounding given the relentless attacks on Scheer and the Conservatives by the Liberals.   The Liberals scour Social Media for comments made years ago and trying to dig up dirt everywhere.   It is great to see the shoe on the other foot and the Liberals getting a taste of their own medicine.

Are the Liberals now willing to stop the negative attacks on other candidates now they have they own "racist"?

We already see Trudeau supporters on this forum explain away his "brown face".    Are they as willing to forgive Scheer  if he wore "brown face" or "black face"?

With all respect.  it was 2014 and the Conservatives were farming statements made in the early 2000s as attack fodder against trudeau.  They attacked his mother, his father his lineage all publicly.  So before you deice you have some sort of moral authority on that soapbox this isn't a he said she said this is simple fact. 

it is laughably hypocritical for the right to attempt to sit and pretend Trudeau is a bad guy over this.  it is laughably hypocritical for the left to pretend trudeau is innocent over this.

I am not sure anyone should be trying to "explain it away" the guys an idiot, he did a stupid thing.  it's wildly racist, whether it was done intentionally or ignorantly.

But please, don't for a second say that the liberals are scouring social media to attack Scheer when they're literally using his own voting record and statements against him.  While the right literally are using a photo of him crying at his fathers funeral in their campaign ads

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really want to see a video of him singing Day O in high school, I bet that is priceless.

I'm thinking back to costumes I wore back in the day.... a hippie (I'll say sorry now @luckylager), an army guy (sorry army guys).... geez I was so loaded for these things I really can't remember any more. 

What this might do is get this get this campaign down to some facts now instead of finger pointing, everyone seems to have done something very dumb now. 

I went to an 'offensive' themed party as a Nazi....everyone at that party would be in trouble now if pics came to light.  

• Haha 3

My wife is half Iranian and has faced some racism in her day.

I found a black face picture of her from 20 years ago at UBC, she's dressed as a Rasta.

Oh the joy I have making fun of her about it.

Still, with Poli-sci degree and the fact that she is awesome, I would vote for her if she ran. Too bad that she is obviously super racist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I went to an 'offensive' themed party as a Nazi....everyone at that party would be in trouble now if pics came to light.  

Yah i get it.... but really who cares....  If a dude is in nazi costume......    Its a joke. Its a party.  Its a f... ing costume party.

If i dress like a bunny rabbit will that be offensive to Vegans and/or people that have rabbits as pets...

People have zero sense of humor and get so easily offended.....   Soon fun will not be allowed because it may offend depressed people....

Its like the kid at school that has a peanut allergy.. so now 600 kids can't bring a granola bar to school.... wow...

I feel like telling the school my kid is allergic to bread , apples, and  all dairy products.and SOAP. .. so i don't want any kid in the school to bring any of these....

Also  none of kids in the school can shower/bath using any soap products...

What the H is happening to our society..

Sorry .. Rant over now. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

My wife is half Iranian and has faced some racism in her day.

I found a black face picture of her from 20 years ago at UBC, she's dressed as a Rasta.

Oh the joy I have making fun of her about it.

Still, with Poli-sci degree and the fact that she is awesome, I would vote for her if she ran. Too bad that she is obviously super racist. 

Great post. 100% agree. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I feel like telling the school my kid is allergic to bread , apples, and  all dairy products.and SOAP. .. so i don't want any kid in the school to bring any of these....

Any none of kids in the school can shower/bath using any soap products...

Sorry .. Rant over now. 

The more you push the more people push back until the whole dynamic turns.

The right are pushing the left right and the left are pushing the right left.

The right are chronically offended and the left are borderline intolerant.

Happens every few decades.  Within 20 years the CPC will be championing the environment and the Liberals will be screaming against intervention in to oilsands development

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yah i get it.... but really who cares....  If a dude is in nazi costume......    Its a joke. Its a party.  Its a f... ing costume party.

If i dress like a bunny rabbit will that be offensive to Vegans and/or people that have rabbits as pets...

People have zero sense of humor and get so easily offended.....   Soon fun will not be allowed because it may offend depressed people....

Its like the kid at school that has a peanut allergy.. so now 600 kids can't bring a cranola bar to school.... wow...

Any none of kids in the school can shower/bath using any soap products...

Sorry .. Rant over now. 

It was racist then and it is now.

but you’re right.  The humour level in today’s society is way too low.

• Hydration 3

What matters is what people say or what people do, not whether or not they wore a costume to a party, wore a costume on Halloween, or donned a costume in a play/movie/TV show.  Should we rake Dan Aykroyd for the blackface he donned with his role in "Trading Places" since he chose to do it, like JT chose to don his costume?  No.  Should we pay attention to verbal/written statements, peoples voting records, peoples actions?  Yes.   That is the difference.   

052813-celebs-in-blackface-Dan-Aykroyd-trading-places.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1