Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

What matters is what people say or what people do, not whether or not they wore a costume to a party, wore a costume on Halloween, or donned a costume in a play/movie/TV show.  Should we rake Dan Aykroyd for the blackface he donned with his role in "Trading Places" since he chose to do it, like JT chose to don his costume?  No.  Should we pay attention to verbal/written statements, peoples voting records, peoples actions?  Yes.   That is the difference.   

052813-celebs-in-blackface-Dan-Aykroyd-trading-places.jpg

You can drop the mic on your way out... You nailed it.

Well said. 

some pretty funny meme's going around right now.... just seen one where they are pressuring Faith Goldy to apologize for having drinks with a racist and then shows a picture of her and JT together :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

What matters is what people say or what people do, not whether or not they wore a costume to a party, wore a costume on Halloween, or donned a costume in a play/movie/TV show.  Should we rake Dan Aykroyd for the blackface he donned with his role in "Trading Places" since he chose to do it, like JT chose to don his costume?  No.  Should we pay attention to verbal/written statements, peoples voting records, peoples actions?  Yes.   That is the difference.   

052813-celebs-in-blackface-Dan-Aykroyd-trading-places.jpg

actions>words

Edited by riffraff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

actions>words

Scheers actions / in the past  are sickening... I agree with you. great post. 

• Hydration 1

57 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

That would clearly be you.  You have zero facts about teaching education programs degree or PDP and even about the career.

You are just the guy on the internet that blabs about something you nothing about.

Come back to the discussion when you have done the B.Ed or PDP program or worked in a school in any capacity.

LOL.

UBC PDP is 11 months - Fact.

Different districts have different pays - Fact.

Denial is a bad look on you, Mr. "all teachers get paid the exact same across BC". But hey, show me proof where it states that all 60 BC districts pay the same and I'll believe ya.

Tip: You won't be able to find something that doesn't exist.

Come back to the discussion when you're ready to admit you're wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I really want to see a video of him singing Day O in high school, I bet that is priceless.

I'm thinking back to costumes I wore back in the day.... a hippie (I'll say sorry now @luckylager), an army guy (sorry army guys).... geez I was so loaded for these things I really can't remember any more. 

What this might do is get this get this campaign down to some facts now instead of finger pointing, everyone seems to have done something very dumb now. 

My parents were / are hippies, no need to apologize to me.

I raided my Dad's closet for hippy costumes. He never cared.

I never raided my mom's make up drawer so I could go blackface to a party though. That would have been a full on dick move. The kind of dick move only an entitled little rich kid would try to pull off. That kind of $&!# would get you an ass kicking when I was growing up.

That $&!# was definitely considered in bad taste in 2001. I met Justin in 1998 when he was championing a "wear your helmet snowboarding" thing on Blackcomb. He didn't come across like a total wang, but I guess he was.

47 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The more you push the more people push back until the whole dynamic turns.

The right are pushing the left right and the left are pushing the right left.

The right are chronically offended and the left are borderline intolerant.

Happens every few decades.  Within 20 years the CPC will be championing the environment and the Liberals will be screaming against intervention in to oilsands development

Wasn't the NDP supposed to be champion of the labourer, working class.  The typical steak and potato types.  Protecting jobs of those working in the lumber, mining and manufacturing industry.  More focused on family, jobs and workers rights.  Those who wore plaid because it's like their everyday work attire.... 

Nowadays the NDP represent the yuppies, progressives, environmentalists, and urbanites.  Those hipsters who always wear plaid because they're trying to be "unique".  

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

LOL.

UBC PDP is 11 months - Fact.

Different districts have different pays - Fact.

Denial is a bad look on you, Mr. "all teachers get paid the exact same across BC". But hey, show me proof where it states that all 60 BC districts pay the same and I'll believe ya.

Tip: You won't be able to find something that doesn't exist.

Come back to the discussion when you're ready to admit you're wrong.

You are the one that said PDP is 12 months. I caught you with your  false facts..

Basically you possibly  graduated from a BC school... but even this is may or may not be true.

You have next to zero  knowledge about BC schools, BC B.ed. or PDP program or even in the teaching profession / union contracts...

That much is clear. 

Salaries in teaching in BC are very similar.

Coquitlem cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Surrey  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Burnaby  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Mission  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Abbotford .   cat 5 new teacher 50,300

langley   cat 5 new teacher 50,500

West van  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

https://www.sfu.ca/education/teachersed/programs/pdp/overview.html

SFU is now 16 months to PDP 

Program Details

• Starts: Every September
  • Length: 16 months (4 semesters) - NEW

Edited by kingofsurrey

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Scheers actions / in the past  are sickening... I agree with you. great post. 

Both are muppets.

its too bad for this great country and it’s fine people.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Wasn't the NDP supposed to be champion of the labourer, working class.  The typical steak and potato types.  Protecting jobs of those working in the lumber, mining and manufacturing industry.  More focused on family, jobs and workers rights.  Those who wore plaid because it's like their everyday work attire.... 

Nowadays the NDP represent the yuppies, progressives, environmentalists, and urbanites.  Those hipsters who always wear plaid because they're trying to be "unique".  

It’s too bad because every party should represent those people.

they make it possible for politicians to have validity.

40 minutes ago, TheAce said:

some pretty funny meme's going around right now.... just seen one where they are pressuring Faith Goldy to apologize for having drinks with a racist and then shows a picture of her and JT together :lol:

Well we know it's a fake news meme...she'd never sit down with an arabian 

:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You are the one that said PDP is 12 months. I caught you with your  false facts..

Basically you possibly  graduated from a BC school... but even this is may or may not be true.

You have next to zero  knowledge about BC schools, BC B.ed. or PDP program or even in the teaching profession / union contracts...

That much is clear. 

Salaries in teaching in BC are very similar.

Coquitlem cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Surrey  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Burnaby  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Mission  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

Abbotford .   cat 5 new teacher 50,300

langley   cat 5 new teacher 50,500

West van  cat 5 new teacher 50,300

https://www.sfu.ca/education/teachersed/programs/pdp/overview.html

SFU is now 16 months to PDP 

Program Details

• Starts: Every September
  • Length: 16 months (4 semesters) - NEW

Lololol What does SFU have to do with anything? We’re talking about UBC. 

Thanks for listing 7 of the 60 districts. You claimed the entire province pays the exact same. Funny that the bc teachers pay grid disagrees with you. 

keep making up your own info though. Best of luck to your daughter hope she brings more honestly and integrity than her father. 

7 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lololol What does SFU have to do with anything? We’re talking about UBC. 

Thanks for listing 7 of the 60 districts. You claimed the entire province pays the exact same. Funny that the bc teachers pay grid disagrees with you. 

keep making up your own info though. Best of luck to your daughter hope she brings more honestly and integrity than her father. 

You said PDP is 12 months... I said you are full of crap and i proved it.

Of course teachers in BC do not make the exact same everywhere...  but i once again proved the most lower mainland districts pay almost identical wages..

You are clueless about education in BC, teaching in BC and even more clueless about PDP programs in BC.

Keep on digging a hole for your discussion.  You are providing some great humour here. 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

It was racist then and it is now.

but you’re right.  The humour level in today’s society is way too low.

Yah, i agree.   Did ever do any thing dumb when you were in your 20's ..   ?

Just curious. 

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Yah, i agree.   Did ever do any thing dumb when you were in your 20's ..   ?

Just curious. 

Too much to list.

ok.  It’s about time that I made mention of the fact that I more pointed this out to enforce the exact point in your post here.

We all did dumb stuff we thought was funny and everyone is guilty of hypocrisy at one time or another.

i admit I troll a bit with JT.  But it’s just so damn easy to do so.  I will say that for someone with the education and pedigree he has it does make it that much more embarrassing, imo, to have done the face paint thing.  At the very least you have to be aware of where you come from when you’re a son a of a politician.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Too much to list.

ok.  It’s about time that I made mention of the fact that I more pointed this out to enforce the exact point in your post here.

We all did dumb stuff we thought was funny and everyone is guilty of hypocrisy at one time or another.

i admit I troll a bit with JT.  But it’s just so damn easy to do so.  I will say that for someone with the education and pedigree he has it does make it that much more embarrassing, imo, to have done the face paint thing.  At the very least you have to be aware of where you come from when you’re a son a of a politician.

My personal views is that yes JT is embarrassing and not made of the right stuff to be our PM.....   but Scheer is clearly not the answer with his intolerant views....

If i decide to vote for the party... and not the leader.... then i will probably vote status quo as our CDN economy is performing quite well.....

But plugging your nose to vote dosen't feel great...

So where does that leave me as a voter.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 1

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My personal views is that yes JT is embarrassing and not made of the right stuff to be our PM.....   but Scheer is clearly not the answer with his intolerant views....

If i decide to vote for the party... and not the leader.... then i will probably vote status quo as our CDN economy is performing quite well.....

But plugging your nose to vote dosen't feel great...

So where does that leave me as a voter.....

Right there with you pal.

• Hydration 1

Trudeau's libs & Sheers cons are opposite sides of the same coin.

I've heard Trudeau say "Harper" more than "Sheer", I've heard Sheer repeatedly blame Libs spending & tow the "who can you trust to put... yadda yada" party line.

Some points on both sides but overall you dont get a great feeling about either.