Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

My daughter is a first year teach in Surrey district.   Teachers across the province are paid the same.

I saw her first paycheck.   This at level 5 which is bach plus PDP.  Her deposit to her bank was 1200.

Again please try to post on topics you have direct experience with. 

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of course teachers in BC do not make the exact same everywhere... 

:picard:

it was a good try. It’s okay. Next time just go back and edit your posts to make it look like you weren’t contradicting yourself and ignoring facts the whole time :)

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Quebec is Berniers best option for a seat or seats.  Northern Ontario Eastern Quebec, Rural Alberta/Saskatchewan 

He'll absolutely attack trudeau in Quebec but his main focus has to be Scheer or he'll never bleed away enough votes to look serious as a competitor

This isn't true. Fletcher will likely win in Manitoba and tbh I won't be surprised if max loses his seat.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

This isn't true. Fletcher will likely win in Manitoba and tbh I won't be surprised if max loses his seat.

Which Max?  Rhino Max or Debate Max?

13 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I went to an 'offensive' themed party as a Nazi....everyone at that party would be in trouble now if pics came to light.  

yup. I'm pretty sure you guys weren't there to recruit. But this is the age we're in now.

I wonder tho if this might actually help to tone down some of the name, blame and shame culture coming from the left? of will they torch JT and run to...May? 

12 hours ago, luckylager said:

My parents were / are hippies, no need to apologize to me.

I raided my Dad's closet for hippy costumes. He never cared.

I never raided my mom's make up drawer so I could go blackface to a party though. That would have been a full on dick move. The kind of dick move only an entitled little rich kid would try to pull off. That kind of $&!# would get you an ass kicking when I was growing up.

That $&!# was definitely considered in bad taste in 2001. I met Justin in 1998 when he was championing a "wear your helmet snowboarding" thing on Blackcomb. He didn't come across like a total wang, but I guess he was.

I always thought "sheltered nerd" but could be wang. Its going to be fascinating to see how this plays out. 

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Why does Iron Man get a free pass for black face then? Nobody cared when he portrayed Kirk Lazarus. 

No, this is a serious question.. 

I hear you. That movie was released 11 (wow!) years ago, way before the radicalization of ideological extremes that's infecting society now.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I always thought "sheltered nerd" but could be wang. Its going to be fascinating to see how this plays out. 

Did someone say wang?

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Why does Iron Man get a free pass for black face then? Nobody cared when he portrayed Kirk Lazarus. 

No, this is a serious question.. 

As you've had explained to you before: context (Downey Jr. isn't portraying a black character but a white actor playing a black character in a fictional movie) and the fact that other characters in Tropic Thunder think what Lazarus is doing is &^@#ed up. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Hydration 1

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

As you've had explained to you before: context and the fact that other characters in Tropic Thunder think what Lazarus is doing is &^@#ed up. 

Context, of course. But in 2019 context doesn't matter anymore. So the simple fact Downey Jr. wore dark makeup on his face..

• Hydration 1

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

Context, of course. But in 2019 context doesn't matter anymore. So the simple fact Downey Jr. wore dark makeup on his face..

Simple facts for simple people?

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

As you've had explained to you before: context (Downey Jr. isn't portraying a black character but a white actor playing a black character in a fictional movie) and the fact that other characters in Tropic Thunder think what Lazarus is doing is &^@#ed up. 

It was a hilarious movie any way you slice it. Do think that Tropic Thunder would have been made and given the green light today, Herr?

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was a hilarious movie any way you slice it. Do think that Tropic Thunder would have been made and given the green light today, Herr?

For sure! While society has obviously shifted a bit in the last 11 years, going out and about in blackface wasn't cool then either. So the joke wasn't "haha, blackface". It's "haha, white actor is so deeply deluded and method, he thinks, and has convinced the studio, that he can play a black man".

Honestly? If I had to pick one thing that wouldn't fly from that movie today? It would probably be Les Grossman threatening to rip his assistant's tits off; because Weinstein. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

:picard:

it was a good try. It’s okay. Next time just go back and edit your posts to make it look like you weren’t contradicting yourself and ignoring facts the whole time :)

Your the one that said PDP was 12 months.   Cleary it varies from Uni to Uni.

Teachers do make pretty much the same across most districts in BC.  I showed you earlier what the lower mainland districts pay....

Pretty much the same.   - here is the link . - https://bctf.ca/SalaryAndBenefits.aspx?id=14758

I guess if you actually had worked as a teachers on attended a B.ed or PDP program you might be more knowledgeable about the subject.

People like you that post rubbish / falsities  about the teaching profession only discourage more young people from entering it.  Sadly there is already enough reasons to not pursue the career....  ignorance in BC citizens / media is not helping the situation. 

Its too bad as many BC citizens used to really believe in and support quality public education.   Once the government realized they could fund private at 50% only... then it was pretty much the end of quality free public education here in BC....

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Which Max?  Rhino Max or Debate Max?

You guys put to much on him being french and from Quebec. He wasn't even the most popular in Quebec during the leadership race. He will only help the liberals kind of why they want him in the debate. Sheer has the West easily, dominating Alberta and Saskatchewan and about 50% support in BC. The deciding factor is the 905 which the libs have a very slim lead atm. Scheer can not afford vote splitting which is what a successful Bernier will do.

Edited by Ryan Strome

15 hours ago, DonLever said:

The level of blatant hypocrisy on the left is even more astounding given the relentless attacks on Scheer and the Conservatives by the Liberals.   The Liberals scour Social Media for comments made years ago and trying to dig up dirt everywhere.   It is great to see the shoe on the other foot and the Liberals getting a taste of their own medicine.

Are the Liberals now willing to stop the negative attacks on other candidates now they have they own "racist"?

We already see Trudeau supporters on this forum explain away his "brown face".    Are they as willing to forgive Scheer  if he wore "brown face" or "black face"?

Ignorant, racist costume =/= actual racist/homophobic statements, actions, voting record etc.

#Context matters

I do find it endlessly amusing to watch the left eat itself on this though :lol:

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Ignorant, racist costume =/= actual racist/homophobic statements, actions, voting record etc.

#Context matters

I do find it endlessly amusing to watch the left eat itself on this though :lol:

Scheer had the opportunity to say that his beliefs have changed (like Goodale) but he didn't do that, he said he'll support the law. Very different from this situation, there's nothing hypocritical about seeing these as different. 

20 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@Ryan Strome where are you man? you're missing it! 

Ftr I don't think JT is a racist I just think he is a spoiled dumbass, ignorant bastard that doesn't care who he hurts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ftr I don't think JT is a racist I just think he is a spoiled dumbass, ignorant bastard

I'll agree to this.

• Hydration 1