Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ftr I don't think JT is a racist I just think he is a spoiled dumbass, ignorant bastard that doesn't care who he hurts.

he cares now. 

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2019 at 4:54 AM, Toews said:

Bernier needs to not only bleed conservative votes but he needs to stop them from going over to the liberals. He will have to attack both Trudeau and Scheer but mostly Scheer. IMO Scheer has been such a disappointment, I really wonder what Bernier could have done if the CPC had put their confidence in him. Bernier seemed to have the charisma that Scheer lacks, he actually seems to have more way more conviction in his principles where as Scheer just comes across as a hypocrite who will likely do the same things he is criticizing his opponent for. Its too bad the whole PPC is a $&!#show, the last time I checked they were polling at 3%. If Canada had a neo-Nazi party I would bet that they would outperform the PPC. Bernier has spiraled into the gutter and CPC doesn't look better off for it either.

Its interesting, I doubt Bernier would've gotten the support from the CPC to do things the way he wants. I agree with some principals of the PPC but I'm also concerned about how 'right' they are economically. Perhaps being in the CPC would've balanced it out to a comfortable level, but it would've required some capitulation I imagine. I can only think there would've been struggles within the party had he won, unfortunately.

As much as people smear Bernier as 'hateful', 'intolerant', exc. I really don't think the 'social issues' are his main thing. Immigration being the exception. I don't consider him a racist or hateful.  I don't think any of these leaders are. Trudeau certainly not, and Scheer isn't a hate filled man either (as much as he's a 'bible thumper'). 

I thought Bernier actually had the best response to this 'blackface' thing of the party leaders. 

"Biggest hypocrite in the country" is a political exaggeration, but I'm glad he didn't go the hypocrite route like the conservatives. And he's right about the irony of this coming out against the Liberal leader.

PPC just needs to build momentum. Its such a new party, I think they've made decent progress but we'll see what happens at the debates. Just getting in this early is some kind of success.

If they can somehow push the 'personal responsibility & fairness/anti PC' part into mainstream politics I'd be happy. The identity politics I am sick of. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 3

Does anyone have expert support for the conservative’s climate plan?  I’m not looking to debate climate change.  I don’t understand how a party that’s supposed to be fiscally responsible would champion such an inefficient plan.

Maybe I’m wrong and I’m hoping someone can provide expert and scientific opinion on the subject.  

Thanks for any input. It’s a tricky election and an important subject!

• Hydration 2

May on JT.... 'Horrifically wrong and racist"

One of her own?  A guy that says he knew back then it was wrong but did it anyway....

It was broadcast on CBC, so it was not in secret... so it was ok? oh and this guy is a really funny comedian...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/green-party-candidate-brownface-1.5292174

Even though Green Party Leader Elizabeth May stated that she was "deeply shocked" by Trudeau's actions and said "in this matter he has failed," May described Malone is one of the "most brilliant comedic voices" and said she is proud to have him running for the party. 

"It was in a context that involved being broadcast, not hidden," May told CBC News Friday, while the campaign trail in Calgary. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

If they can somehow push the 'personal responsibility & fairness/anti PC' part into mainstream politics I'd be happy. The identity politics I am sick of. 

be careful what you wish for. There's as much biased ideology in following Jordan Peterson as there is in so-called identity politics. 

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

May on JT.... 'Horrifically wrong and racist"

One of her own?  A guy that says he knew back then it was wrong but did it anyway....

It was broadcast on CBC, so it was not in secret... so it was ok? oh and this guy is a really funny comedian...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/green-party-candidate-brownface-1.5292174

Even though Green Party Leader Elizabeth May stated that she was "deeply shocked" by Trudeau's actions and said "in this matter he has failed," May described Malone is one of the "most brilliant comedic voices" and said she is proud to have him running for the party. 

"It was in a context that involved being broadcast, not hidden," May told CBC News Friday, while the campaign trail in Calgary. 

how was Trudeau performing in high school or selling raffle tickets "hidden"? I'm not following. Both incidents seem equally stupid to me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how was Trudeau performing in high school or selling raffle tickets "hidden"? I'm not following. Both incidents seem equally stupid to me. 

Me too Jim.

First off JT is a complete idiot on this. BUT he has owned it and apologized - unlike Scheer and  his homophobic comments...

https://pressprogress.ca/conservative-leader-andrew-scheer-refuses-to-apologize-for-comparing-same-sex-marriage-to-a-dog/

Sad thing is for both parties as in most elections the focus will be on their comments and not the issues we face such as climate change and social prgorams

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sorry for the rant...I just wish someone would emerge based on the right reasons, not be sifted out of the cesspool.

Fully agree.

I miss having someone worth voting for.  Heck, I miss hearing candidates actually discuss policy and platform.  I wish they could answer why we should vote for them instead of why we shouldn't vote for the others.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

The more people try to expose someone else for their shortcomings, the more it hints to me of their own.  Sell me on YOU...if you have to push someone down to make yourself seem better, that's revealing.  Let's hear your strong points not their weak ones.

It is very revealing. I'm glad there are people out there who see through it all.

I got to this place a number of years ago after watching the disgusting tactics of certain candidates vying for their own party's leadership.

I remember thinking to myself ... the frontrunning candidates stooped so low for months to lead their own party that they just proved to the public neither one is fit to lead a nation. In stooping so low to smear each other, they exposed themselves.

The problem is ... when so-called leaders engage in this type of behavior, it normalizes that type of behavior in voters and people think it's ok to be that way to others. It's too bad.

The good thing is ... as the cesspool grows, it's getting easier for that right person to emerge, as more people become exhausted by the cesspool. That person will be easy to spot because their qualities will stand out and be aligned to how people really feel.

Just my .02 on it. :)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

I actually liked the way Trump just didn’t give a F and took a massive, steaming coiler right on the face of every PC-covenant he could, or as it appeared to be at the time. 

I liked the way he mocked the underbelly of sleazy sleazy politics and tactics. Sure, the guy was a douche, but I’d rather a douche than a pussy like our drama queen.

My vote goes to anyone who makes each Canadian own their decisions and behaviours and ends tribalism in the guise of diversity through identity politics. We are equal under the Law - end of. On with actual business, exports or something. 

I’m not very good with politics. I’ve been confronted with my own ignorance in here enough times by guys like Jimmy or Hippy to understand just how base my convictions were at the time. 

It’s either admit that or be the guy plagiarizing or borrowing from the internet to stay afloat in a discussion, which I assume is the norm, but seems utterly pretentious. 

I actually learn something in these threads, but it’s tough to sort through the pomp here to find the good stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sorry for the rant...I just wish someone would emerge based on the right reasons, not be sifted out of the cesspool.

these people are there, if you can somehow ignore the leaders asinine attempts to bring each other down. There are good people doing good things. Christia Freeland is a great person imo, she's probably done more for Canada in the last 4 years than any other MP, including Trudeau. I think May has some very good ideas, particularly around decriminalizing drugs and green infrastructure - if she held the balance of power some good things might happen. Even Singh has a decent idea around pharmacare. Theres good people in the senate, from all parties. 

Its hard to ignore the giant churn of BS that our media puts out but to me thats just the show, the clickbait to keep you coming back for more. But if you can look past that there are some very good people still doing good things. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

What I'd like to see....

A liberal minority propped up by the greens or NDP.  Under the condition that Trudeau step aside as on in favour of freeland

Or

Barring any legal issue.  Trudeau stepping aside for Angus from the NDP or May from the greens

At day's end the PM is just a figurehead.  The parties rule.  Time to ensure that's remembered

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

What I'd like to see....

A liberal minority propped up by the greens or NDP.  Under the condition that Trudeau step aside as on in favour of freeland

Or

Barring any legal issue.  Trudeau stepping aside for Angus from the NDP or May from the greens

At day's end the PM is just a figurehead.  The parties rule.  Time to ensure that's remembered

I like option 1 myself. I think May could make an agreement similar to what Horgan and Weaver did and get some actual investment going in green tech and its so far past time now to decriminalize drugs, that would be a really big step in the right direction to actually getting people the help they need.

I'd be very happy with Freeland or Garneau. Freeland is a smart cookie who I have a lot of respect for, and Garneau is a veteran, engineer and astronaut. You know, serious people that can be more than figureheads. 

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I like option 1 myself. I think May could make an agreement similar to what Horgan and Weaver did and get some actual investment going in green tech and its so far past time now to decriminalize drugs, that would be a really big step in the right direction to actually getting people the help they need.

I'd be very happy with Freeland or Garneau. Freeland is a smart cookie who I have a lot of respect for, and Garneau is a veteran, engineer and astronaut. You know, serious people that can be more than figureheads. 

It's all just hypothetical honestly.

Imagine the screams from around the nation if that happened.

Libs pari with NDP or Green, get propped up.  Under the condition that the Libs pick someone else to sit as PM.

Libs step to the podium.  With the #1 Pick in the 2019 Ottawa Electoral entry Draft, the Liberal party is proud to select Hunter Tootoo or Celina Caeser Chavannes

The conservative crowd erupts in anger, Elizabeth May screams in joy, the NDP sit back and say "If they find their game or live up to their potential" and CDC creates 972 pages as to how and why they aren't ever going to be a first line PM

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's all just hypothetical honestly.

Imagine the screams from around the nation if that happened.

Libs pari with NDP or Green, get propped up.  Under the condition that the Libs pick someone else to sit as PM.

Libs step to the podium.  With the #1 Pick in the 2019 Ottawa Electoral entry Draft, the Liberal party is proud to select Hunter Tootoo or Celina Caeser Chavannes

The conservative crowd erupts in anger, Elizabeth May screams in joy, the NDP sit back and say "If they find their game or live up to their potential" and CDC creates 972 pages as to how and why they aren't ever going to be a first line PM

let the CPC yell all they want, we happen to live in a parliamentary democracy.

Unless Scheer wins a majority he's gone anyway and the CPC will be looking to re-tool, and we'll see what kind of bite Bernier takes out of them too.

Edited by Jimmy McGill

44 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Why do so many of These politicians seem like scum?  

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

let the CPC yell all they want, we happen to live in a parliamentary democracy.

Unless Scheer wins a majority he's gone anyway and the CPC will be looking to re-tool, and we'll see what kind of bite Bernier takes out of them too.

Well then I hope the CPC gets crushed.  They cannot actually fix the damned party until they excise those reformers and reformer types from their ranks.  get back to actual conservative values.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Why do so many of These politicians seem like scum?  

part of its on them, part of its on us. Many are soulless self promoters, but I still believe that the majority are in it to do some good. 

How often does anyone go looking for info on whats really going on in government? our school system teaches the bare minimum about the system and most people are asleep for it. Our media only feeds us sensationalism most of the time. 

Whens the last time you heard about a Senate report that effected your life? Can you name more than 3 ministers? 

Canada is almost always in the top 5 in quality life life studies, often #1. There are people doing good things, we just have to go and find out for ourselves.