Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

Posted (edited)

Bernier was horrible, Singh was right he didn't deserve to be on that stage. I do feel Singh made a strong presence and where he could get people to support him and like him, but I don't think it's enough to get enough people.

I thought May was just okay for the first half, but the second half she did well imo and came out pretty strong, and I liked what she was saying. 

Blanchet can't really make a decision on him as I found trying to understand him was more the issue, but growing up as a kid the message I was taught from my elders was Quebec wants to be it's own country and seperate from Canada not sure how true this still is to this day, but I chose not to support them due to this if true or not still.

With Scheer, I felt he's basically talking out of his you know what, to try and convince voters and trick them into what he's trying to sell them but it's going to cost the people again in the long run, so I just don't believe what he's trying to sell one bit. 

Trudeau, it's a tough one you can see he has the experience in what to say he's good at it, but he will also go against what he says so believing him fully is something you can't do either. But I do feel they're attacking and doing the right things, but I think how they're managing the costs for them isn't correct, so it has me looking for someone else who will make the proper people pay for those changes more, because those companies are creating the issue more then the average person is to it, obviously talking climate here.

I'll admit this debate has helped me narrow down my choices, but it didn't help me pick a clear candidate imo, but it did help me not want Scheer or Bernier ever, and again this was my first time seeing all these people talk, I haven't paid attention to any yet.

I'm tagging @Ryan Strome you in this so you can see what I wrote after the English debate.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Conservatives would have had a good chance to win had they not elected Scheer as their party leader. IMO

You can say the same of the other guy.:P

It's a contest of who sucks more.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

Conservatives would have had a good chance to win had they not elected Scheer as their party leader. IMO

Should have ran with Rona Ambrose.  I remember laughing and rolling my eyes when Scheer was elected leader.  He's come a long way though.  When elected I figured it would be a Liberal slam dunk this election.  Luckily Trudeau is the leader of the Liberals so they still have a real chance of winning the election.

27 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Practically every time May opened her month,  it was climate change, climate change.

government-protecting-us-from-climate-change-since-1350-when-you-27882641 (2).jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Is this where Canada is today..... ?

Has the election really given us these 2 options...

DD_main.png

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DonLever said:

No one won the debate.  Singh and Scheer did the best.   Bernier should not be even there since he has no chance of winning and his party has no seats in Ottawa.   The Bloc has candidates in Quebec only, so why are they there.   Should be only 4 people there, 6 is too many as it leaves less time for the other parties.

I agree but Max does have a seat. I believe he will lose that seat but I think the ppc will win 1 in Manitoba. I totally agree the separatist shouldn't shouldn't be at the debates.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I agree but Max does have a seat. I believe he will lose that seat but I think the ppc will win 1 in Manitoba. I totally agree the separatist shouldn't shouldn't be at the debates.

Do you prefer  the separatists from Quebec or the Separatists from Alberta.... ?

I am confused which separatists you  prefer .  The french ones or the chewing tobacco ones... ? 

Edited by kingofsurrey

That debate was tiresome. Half the time they wouldn't even address the question. Scheer would be asked a question or called out by Singh but would deflect to Trudeau, JT would do the same although less often. Scheer's go to move is "but look at Trudeau", it makes him look weak. Like convince us why you are better than JT not how bad he is. Scheer again refused to acknowledge or apologize for his previous comments about the LGBT community. I think Trudeau's most important point was when he called out Scheer for not having his specific platform plan released (i forget the term). Trudeau is right in saying that it is a disservice to Canadians to be this far along in an electoral process and not have the CPC policy released like all the other candidates. The CPC climate plan is vague and non specific. The whole thing was just meh.

Singh acquitted himself well. He is very well spoken and charismatic which I think will get him some votes, he is more likely to steal votes from Trudeau than Scheer imo. Elizabeth May at the end was quite confident that Scheer wasn't going to win.. not sure she should be so sure. I think this election is still totally up in the air.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Singh acquitted himself well. He is very well spoken and charismatic which I think will get him some votes, he is more likely to steal votes from Trudeau than Scheer imo. Elizabeth May at the end was quite confident that Scheer wasn't going to win.. not sure she should be so sure. I think this election is still totally up in the air.

No recent polling is showing the Conservative party has no chance to win a majority likely not going to even form a minority gov.

Liberals are going take Ontario and thats the game.

Singh won easily but how many canadians watched it? how many know some of the platforms of the big 3 parties? how many would even consider ndp nevermind vote?

Cons really picked the worst candidate of possible. Also who are their campaign advisers? horrible. Kevin O'leary, and rest of them weren't much better tbh. The comment about Trudeau being in provincial government made the crowd laugh and clap but I didn't understand the comment.

Also May showed her debate experience and really made a point about focusing on her 60%. Not her best debate but solid. Her part on women rights will connect with women.

Trudeau meh, looks good, some cheesy sound bites.

bloc-why are they in a national debate in english? The guy did ok for his first big debate. Didn't get embarrassed, but didn't connect well to most viewers. Seems like an interesting guy. 

ppc a joke. The party will die after max.

the format sucked except for the open debate. Also how hard is it for people to be quiet when another person is speaking. 

"The Rebel" media made a strong appearance last night.

After being sued and swearing that "it was entertainment only and not journalism" to whining to Trudeau and begging to be included as credible journalists after the UN found "The Rebel" to not be a credible news media outlet before also whining about not being allowed at the debates for the same reason they were allowed.

And here is their rep.

image.thumb.png.81a92143902d7d7707cb5ee328fff506.png

I'm gonna start a blog and go to all the cool shows

16 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm not putting people in boxes. You are. I'm about free choice. Just so happens that men and women largely evolved to be more specialized in certain tasks and interests, broadly speaking (outliers gonna outlier). And when the societal barriers no longer exist and people still choose freely to do historically 'feminine' or 'masculine' jobs...well sorry it doesn't suit your ideological beliefs. I have zero interest in limiting people's free will to do jobs that they naturally gravitate towards and show interest in, in the name of 'equality' or anything else. 

And we don't 'hand out' jobs. People apply to, and earn them by in large. Via their own free will and choice.

Now if you want to talk about how we better compensate/monetize traditionally female jobs, including stay at home moms (or dads), I'm all ears. Only way I see that happening though, is a massive spike in taxes to pay for it, as there is very little free market mechanisms in place to make them more valuable.

the evolutionary thing is utterly stupid. Sorry,  but it is. Its seems to be a favourite thing to justify anything from economic ideas to fad diets these days. You have no basis at all for a "natural gravitation" to anything, its a hypothesis at best.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Singh won easily but how many canadians watched it? how many know some of the platforms of the big 3 parties? how many would even consider ndp nevermind vote?

Cons really picked the worst candidate of possible. Also who are their campaign advisers? horrible. Kevin O'leary, and rest of them weren't much better tbh. The comment about Trudeau being in provincial government made the crowd laugh and clap but I didn't understand the comment.

Also May showed her debate experience and really made a point about focusing on her 60%. Not her best debate but solid. Her part on women rights will connect with women.

Trudeau meh, looks good, some cheesy sound bites.

bloc-why are they in a national debate in english? The guy did ok for his first big debate. Didn't get embarrassed, but didn't connect well to most viewers. Seems like an interesting guy. 

ppc a joke. The party will die after max.

the format sucked except for the open debate. Also how hard is it for people to be quiet when another person is speaking. 

I'd agree Singh won in the sense that he probably did the most to raise up his personal profile and came across as quite personable. But he also offered almost nothing in policy ideas or any ideas on how to pay for it. Blancet nailed it when he said the NDPs ideas require the provinces to carry them out, and he's right. Its just the classic problem with many federal NDP ideas, it often relies on this idea that provinces will play nicer together under the NDP but thats just not reality. Singh did carry himself well tho 

Scheer was just so bad tho. That opening personal attack thing was brutal. 

Trudeau did what he had to, come away relatively unscathed. Didn't gain, but maybe lost some ground to Singh? we'll see. Not really sure what else he could have done, he's the only one there with a record.

I actually liked the Bloc guy :lol: seemed reasonable for a separatist.

May... I felt like she focused too much on that target number too much. She never really brought it down to what that looks like for Canada, other than killing Alberta. I think she missed an opportunity to talk about what a green version of Canada would really look like. 

Bernier was terrible. I thought he would try to look more reasonable but maybe he landed a few more extremists to his side. 

It'll be interesting to see how much ground Scheer lost in Quebec too, i think both Bernier and the Bloc took a piece from them there. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, DonLever said:

Really a big waste of time.  Leaders talking over each other.  The debate is not going to make voters change their minds one bit.  

So, maybe JT was "right" not to attend all the debates.?

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the evolutionary thing is utterly stupid. Sorry,  but it is. Its seems to be a favourite thing to justify anything from economic ideas to fad diets these days. You have no basis at all for a "natural gravitation" to anything, its a hypothesis at best.

A lot of very smart professionals and data in the associated fields disagree with you. But I'm sure you have a loads of university profs in the humanities on your side... :lol:

Millenia of evolution and biology isn't going to be trumped by the comparative blink of an eye of civilization...but carry on. It's scientifically proven our brains work differently, we have different body chemistry/hormones. Whether YOU like it or not, we did in fact evolve that way. It's rather arrogant and/or ignorant in fact to think that the millions of years of evolution that lead us here (never mind the pretty obvious anecdotal differences) are all 'societal constructs'.

It's ok that men and women are different, with different interests, proclivities, strengths etc. In fact, it should be celebrated. It's a great partnership. Just like different cultures should be celebrated, so should the strengths of the two sexes. That doesn't mean they can't have crossover but by no means should we me unnaturally shoving people over to the other sides against their own will and natural proclivity. That's not the society I want to live in.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Polls are just that - see Hillary.

Especially cbc polling.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

"The Rebel" media made a strong appearance last night.

After being sued and swearing that "it was entertainment only and not journalism" to whining to Trudeau and begging to be included as credible journalists after the UN found "The Rebel" to not be a credible news media outlet before also whining about not being allowed at the debates for the same reason they were allowed.

And here is their rep.

image.thumb.png.81a92143902d7d7707cb5ee328fff506.png

I'm gonna start a blog and go to all the cool shows

Are you criticizing him based on his appearance?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

OK.  But

Is he wrong?

71639448_3384646044886508_60342588713908

Why do you constantly say you don't support JT but go out of your way to defend him almost daily? 

Your tweet left out snc and all the lies he told initially. It also left out 2 ethics violations, a obstruction of justice investigation and telling a certain person thanks for your donation. Appalling you defend Trudeau after that comment. 

• Upvote 3