Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

29 minutes ago, Pears said:

since they are good friends, maybe Obama will give JT permission to dress as him for halloween ..... 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

And for the 50,000th time, he owned it and apologized for it. Still waiting for your excuse for why Scheer hasn’t apologized for comparing same sex couples to dogs.

Look at what was asked otherwise keep out.

Actually serious question is racism ok if you apologize once you get caught?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Look at what was asked otherwise keep out.

Actually serious question is racism ok if you apologize once you get caught?

It is to Scheer apparently

Oh and before you laugh and call this fake news

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5284304

Edited by Pears

Just now, Pears said:

It is to Scheer apparently

So again you won't answer. You challenging hip for king of whataboutism. 

Anyway why don't you look and see what @RUPERTKBD asked me. Or just stick to tweets from Americans, the same American who campaigned hard for the democrats and still lost.

@Ryan Strome: I won't bother quoting your post. You know what I'm referring to...

I guess I misunderstood your claim. I thought you said JT had admitted that he was a racist, not that he had committed a racist act 20 years ago. As @Pears pointed out, he has owned it and apologized, so I stand by my disagreement that he is a racist.

I'm not getting too carried away about tax incentives for Corporations, but I'll concede that one.

Anyway: Thanks for providing sources. Makes it a lot easier to verify what is fact and what is opinion.

• Thanks 2

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

@Ryan Strome: I won't bother quoting your post. You know what I'm referring to...

I guess I misunderstood your claim. I thought you said JT had admitted that he was a racist, not that he had committed a racist act 20 years ago. As @Pears pointed out, he has owned it and apologized, so I stand by my disagreement that he is a racist.

I'm not getting too carried away about tax incentives for Corporations, but I'll concede that one.

Anyway: Thanks for providing sources. Makes it a lot easier to verify what is fact and what is opinion.

So if you apologize for racist behaviour only when you get caught it's all good?

I would seriously consider your answer, Rupe.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

So if you apologize for racist behaviour only when you get caught it's all good?

So when Scheer supports party members with a racist and/or homophobic past as long as they apologize for it it’s ok. Got it. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think it depends, but generally, yes.

See, I have a different definition of a racist than you do. In my lexicon, a "racist" by definition, would never admit he did something wrong and never offer a sincere apology. You can disagree that JT's apology was sincere, but we would just be finding ourselves at yet another area where we disagree.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

See, I have a different definition of a racist than you do. In my lexicon, a "racist" by definition, would never admit he did something wrong and never offer a sincere apology. You can disagree that JT's apology was sincere, but we would just be finding ourselves at yet another area where we disagree.

Totally. Like when clam used to claim up and down that racism doesn't exist anymore; right before saying something shockingly racist. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

So when Scheer supports party members with a racist and/or homophobic past as long as they apologize for it it’s ok. Got it. 

You actually got nothing except whataboutism. You won't answer the question. 

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Imo people that do racist things are racist whether they know it or not. In this scenario I don't think JT is a racist I think he is dumb af but like I said he himself said it was racist. I'm also certain that if this exact thing happened to a right wing leader people wouldn't be so forgiving. ***that is my personal opinion ***

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@RUPERTKBD I also posted what you claimed others said was false. You didn't respond to that.

Did i? I only recall asking for a source, as to the best of my recollection, others had previously. Now, I can't say that my memory is perfect, so I may be mistaken, but I generally don't claim anything is "false" unless I research it first.

The first step in that process is asking others to source their claims, so I know if there is any factual basis for what they are posting, or if it's just opinion.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Because it’s literally something your own party leader said. 

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Did i? I only recall asking for a source, as to the best of my recollection, others had previously. Now, I can't say that my memory is perfect, so I may be mistaken, but I generally don't claim anything is "false" unless I research it first.

The first step in that process is asking others to source their claims, so I know if there is any factual basis for what they are posting, or if it's just opinion.

No, no you misunderstood, I said that because you didn't call it false, others did. You simply asked for a source which is exactly the right thing to do, I just didn't want you thinking I was claiming you said that to me.

• Hydration 1

Just now, Pears said:

Because it’s literally something your own party leader said. 

Answer what I've been asking you for days. Why can't you? You know what whataboutism is? Answer it and I will answer your rebuttal but if you can't answer without whataboutism why should I respond to your rebuttal? Btw my leader? More so than the others of course but pretty sure I called him a globalist.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Imo people that do racist things are racist whether they know it or not. In this scenario I don't think JT is a racist I think he is dumb af but like I said he himself said it was racist. I'm also certain that if this exact thing happened to a right wing leader people wouldn't be so forgiving. ***that is my personal opinion ***

And I respect it, even if I don't agree with it.

Still, I think it would be a good thing to include, when you make the claim "Justin Trudeau is a racist". It would probably save a lot of back and forth.

• Hydration 1

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You know the facts behind it or do you just read what kos posts?

giphy.gif

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

And I respect it, even if I don't agree with it.

Still, I think it would be a good thing to include, when you make the claim "Justin Trudeau is a racist". It would probably save a lot of back and forth.

Again it's campaign season where manipulation is key.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No, no you misunderstood, I said that because you didn't call it false, others did. You simply asked for a source which is exactly the right thing to do, I just didn't want you thinking I was claiming you said that to me.

Ah, the dreaded misunderstanding. Glad we cleared that up before it got ugly. ^_^

In fact, to show there's no hard feelings I got you this coffee mug:

image.png.32eab88e3df1f664d4937d2eeefac94d.png

B)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pears said:

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

LITERALLY from the mouth of the Conservative leader.

Yes it is only racist when you get caught but it's also ok as long as you apologize.

• Upvote 1