Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Am I the only one that has a problem with Jagmeet Singh not being willing to work with 'conservatives'? Its like half the country.

31% of the country?

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Why do Bcerz obsess  over Alberta?

Because Alberta has been making a lot of noise? and a lot of that noise has been directed at BC? That's my wild guess. 

I saw a thing on TV. It was showing workers getting some employment decommissioning old rigs. Here's an article on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/decommissioning-closures-wells-psac-alberta-1.5323450

The growth potential for decommissioning wells is substantial considering there are about 93,000 inactive wells in Alberta and 139,000 across Western Canada. Some of those wells may once again produce oil and gas if commodity prices improve, although most sit idle until they're eventually cleaned up.

This is important for the environment too as old rigs left unattended can break down and contaminate the area. 

Hopefully those looking for work can do this while Canada collectively figures out the industry. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think it has something to do with Harper trying for force a pipeline down BCs throat..... just guessin'

I can't help feeling like this election was actually a big missed opportunity for the environment actually. Yes its a topic but only at the freak out level. What major new project or initiative has made the headlines? 

Transportation e.g., is just as big an emitter as oil and gas (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/greenhouse-gas-emissions.html). Why not put money into greening the trucking industry? thats your line is it not? I've seen some neat articles on prototype electric and/or hybrid or even fuel cell semi's - I don't know what they would cost but if there was a subsidy that made it cheaper for you to run that vs. conventional I'm sure you'd do it from a business perspective, you'd have to in order to stay competitive. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

To be fair no matter how many times you change your name  doesn't make you smarter...

Sorry..

Que? What does that have to do with my post? I didn't change my name...WTF are you talking about? How about stick to the content instead of the personal attacks....:blink:

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

31% of the country?

I'd argue it's actually only about 5-15% actually. The rest of the 20-25%  hear 'Conservative' and vote for them thinking they represent them even though their platform is actually counter to their own interests.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Que? What does that have to do with my post? I didn't change my name...WTF are you talking about? How about stick to the content instead of the personal attacks....:blink:

He called hip a racist too but that might be how those two show affection.

I left a Snickers in this thread somewhere, I was hoping he found it. He's not himself when he's hungry for an election win. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

52480988_2124186240961694_69656119510239

Thing is, if your province/people have been rich at certain points and spent like drunken sailors and didn't save for a rainy day or plan for the future and "what if's", that might factor in.  "Nothing lasts forever".  

You may want to consider the environment.

Also, the one here...you're on a BC/Vancouver discussion board and that could be part of it?  To expect us not to address things we view as potential threats to our province is a little unrealistic.  It's not that we "obsess over Alberta".  It's Alberta's kind of obsessed with us.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Says the racist from penticton. 

In what way am I racist?

Remember how I called you out two days ago for doing just this nonsense and you got offended when I showed you 

Ya.  How's that going for you?  Defending your guy and all?

Now corporations are telling people in Alberta how to vote.

Or else

https://pressprogress.ca/calgary-oil-ceo-warns-workers-alberta-could-separate-from-canada-if-conservatives-lose-the-election/

Employees of a Calgary-based oil company have been asked to share a chain letter with their loved ones warning Canada could be finished as a nation on Monday unless their CEO’s favourite political party wins the election.

According to an internal e-mail obtained by PressProgress, Whitecap Resources CEO Grant Fagerheim encouraged workers to share an anonymous letter that warns of “Alberta separation” unless Canadians vote for Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives.

“I share the concerns being outlined in the attached letter,” Fagerheim wrote.

“I would ask that you consider sharing with family and friends across our entire country,” he said, referring to an attached letter titled: “An Albertan’s letter to voters in Ontario and Quebec.”

image-2019-10-28.jpg

All-staff e-mail from Grant Fagerheim to Whitecap Resources workers

Fagerheim told PressProgress he received the chain letter from an “anonymous writer” and decided the chain letter should be “forwarded onto our employee base” so it could be made “available for them to forward on to whom they may want.”

“I believe the letter, although not perfect, is well-crafted,” the oil executive noted to PressProgress, observing that it “captures much of the frustration and anxiety that hard-working Albertans are living through at this time.”

Fagerheim flatly denies his chain letter advocates separatism: “the letter appears to seek to avoid that outcome,” he said.

The 1,276-word chain letter begins on a dramatic note, declaring to readers that “the fate of Canada and our incredible province of Alberta rests in your hands.”

It blames Alberta’s economic struggles on a “legislated recession” that is sabotaging the provincial economy and claims “50% of Albertans” are prepared to separate from Canada — a figure disputed by pollsters.

“We’ve been beaten into submission,” the chain letter states.

“Terms like ‘Western Alienation’, ‘Republic of Alberta’ and ‘Wexit’ have become very common. All too often you see ‘Liberal on Oct 21, Separatist on Oct 22’. This movement is real. I mean, REAL.”

“If another Liberal government is elected, even worse a Liberal minority with the Green or NDP propping it up, Alberta’s energy sector will just board up the windows and go elsewhere,” the chain letter warns.

“It will be crippling for the entire nation.”

“Alberta separation would be a crushing blow to this country and its economy,” it concedes, but suggests that “it doesn’t have to be this way.”

“Fellow Canadians, please consider this when casting your ballot,” urges the letter. “There is a fragility in this nation that could be fractured with stroke of a pen, and the power rests firmly in the hands of your provinces.”

“Vote wisely. Vote Canadian.”

Fagerheim is also a vocal supporter of Alberta Premier Jason Kenney and has, on occasion, been spotted boosting federal Conservative candidates.

Doorknocking, I ran into Grant Fagerheim, President-Whitecap Resources Inc. & I'm happy to say, a supporter of mine for the nomination. He has been in the media about the necessity of the GOA limiting oil production to deal with the differentials. #cpc #cndpoli #abpoli #yyc

View image on Twitter

He also has close ties with former Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall, who sits on Whitecap Resource’s board of directors.

Both Wall and Fagerheim helped organize a political action committee called the Buffalo Project, a group that takes its name from a 1905 plan to merge Alberta and Saskatchewan into one super-province — although the group told CBC News it does not advocate for Western separatism.

A number of prominent right-wing voices in Alberta have increasingly exploited divisive rhetoric about national unity.

Calgary radio host Danielle Smith recently called Alberta a “doormat” and mused about “national unity” and “Alberta separation” — she even wondered out loud if the province should return to its 1903 boundaries when Alberta and Saskatchewan were joined as one.

Calgary celebrity millionaire W. Brett Wilson, who also advises the Buffalo Project, has also suggested environmentalists be hung for treason and mused about the idea Alberta could “leave Confederation” — although Wilson is very clear that he’s “not a separatist.”

Whitecap Resources CEO Grant Fagerheim’s chain letter to employees

Edited by Warhippy

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sadly he doesn't have anything else.  There's a dozen or so instances of him calling people various things for little to no reason with zero provocation or evidence.

I think he just needs attention because he can't really debate the subject

• Hydration 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly he doesn't have anything else.  There's a dozen or so instances of him calling people various things for little to no reason with zero provocation or evidence.

I think he just needs attention because he can't really debate the subject

No I don't like him at all. I've tried...

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think it has something to do with Harper trying for force a pipeline down BCs throat..... just guessin'

I can't help feeling like this election was actually a big missed opportunity for the environment actually. Yes its a topic but only at the freak out level. What major new project or initiative has made the headlines? 

Transportation e.g., is just as big an emitter as oil and gas (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/greenhouse-gas-emissions.html). Why not put money into greening the trucking industry? thats your line is it not? I've seen some neat articles on prototype electric and/or hybrid or even fuel cell semi's - I don't know what they would cost but if there was a subsidy that made it cheaper for you to run that vs. conventional I'm sure you'd do it from a business perspective, you'd have to in order to stay competitive. 

Fuel is the biggest issue in trucking. Next time you buy fuel look at diesel prices. 

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In what way am I racist?

Remember how I called you out two days ago for doing just this nonsense and you got offended when I showed you 

Ya.  How's that going for you?  Defending your guy and all?

You have never offended me.

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Now corporations are telling people in Alberta how to vote...

Man that's bad :blink:

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

This reminds me of the toddler last week at whitespot restaurant.  Screamed / tantrum / held his breath and cried for 15 minutes....

Then yells to his mother and father -  "  WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME.... ? "

• Haha 2

Old Mo just spoke up today....

Poll averages

LIB

31.7%
up +0.9
CON

31.4%
down -0.3
NDP

18.2%
down -0.6
GRN

8.2%
down -0.1
BQ

7.0%
up +0.1
PPC

2.6%
Data unavailable 0.0
OTH

1.0%

Probability of winning

14%
Probability of the Liberals winning a majority

50%
Probability of the Liberals winning the most seats but not a majority

34%
Probability of the Conservatives winning the most seats but not a majority

1%
Probability of the Conservatives winning a majority

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

Edited by kingofsurrey

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

This reminds me of the toddler last week at whitespot restaurant.  Screamed / tantrum / held his breath and cried for 15 minutes....

Then yells to his mother and father -  "  WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME.... ? "

Not really sure what this has to do with my post.

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Am I the only one that has a problem with Jagmeet Singh not being willing to work with 'conservatives'? Its like half the country. (And I don't even plan to vote for them)

Considering there isn't a single part of the Cons' social platform I find acceptable, this isn't a problem at all for me.  I don't want to vote for someone willing to allow any of Scheer's bigoted viewpoints to influence the country, for any reason.  The only thing holding me back from being decided on voting for NDP is our terrible local candidate.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, if your province/people have been rich at certain points and spent like drunken sailors and didn't save for a rainy day or plan for the future and "what if's", that might factor in.  "Nothing lasts forever".  

You may want to consider the environment.

Also, the one here...you're on a BC/Vancouver discussion board and that could be part of it?  To expect us not to address things we view as potential threats to our province is a little unrealistic.  It's not that we "obsess over Alberta".  It's Alberta's kind of obsessed with us.  

Lol don't think so. Alberta contributes 27 billion to Ottawa annually BC is around 4 billion. Bc has more debt than Alberta. You guys obsess because you need our money.

Spent like drunken sailors we have the best of everything, enjoy your underfunded education, health system, infrastructure and social programs. So when we spend the most on that and you calling it spending like drunken sailors isn't that what people like kos and yourself want money spent on?

Or are you jealous because your province doesn't spend on those things without taxing you?

Btw JT bought the pipeline he is pushing it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Now corporations are telling people in Alberta how to vote.

Or else

https://pressprogress.ca/calgary-oil-ceo-warns-workers-alberta-could-separate-from-canada-if-conservatives-lose-the-election/

Employees of a Calgary-based oil company have been asked to share a chain letter with their loved ones warning Canada could be finished as a nation on Monday unless their CEO’s favourite political party wins the election.

According to an internal e-mail obtained by PressProgress, Whitecap Resources CEO Grant Fagerheim encouraged workers to share an anonymous letter that warns of “Alberta separation” unless Canadians vote for Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives.

“I share the concerns being outlined in the attached letter,” Fagerheim wrote.

“I would ask that you consider sharing with family and friends across our entire country,” he said, referring to an attached letter titled: “An Albertan’s letter to voters in Ontario and Quebec.”

image-2019-10-28.jpg

All-staff e-mail from Grant Fagerheim to Whitecap Resources workers

Fagerheim told PressProgress he received the chain letter from an “anonymous writer” and decided the chain letter should be “forwarded onto our employee base” so it could be made “available for them to forward on to whom they may want.”

“I believe the letter, although not perfect, is well-crafted,” the oil executive noted to PressProgress, observing that it “captures much of the frustration and anxiety that hard-working Albertans are living through at this time.”

Fagerheim flatly denies his chain letter advocates separatism: “the letter appears to seek to avoid that outcome,” he said.

The 1,276-word chain letter begins on a dramatic note, declaring to readers that “the fate of Canada and our incredible province of Alberta rests in your hands.”

It blames Alberta’s economic struggles on a “legislated recession” that is sabotaging the provincial economy and claims “50% of Albertans” are prepared to separate from Canada — a figure disputed by pollsters.

“We’ve been beaten into submission,” the chain letter states.

“Terms like ‘Western Alienation’, ‘Republic of Alberta’ and ‘Wexit’ have become very common. All too often you see ‘Liberal on Oct 21, Separatist on Oct 22’. This movement is real. I mean, REAL.”

“If another Liberal government is elected, even worse a Liberal minority with the Green or NDP propping it up, Alberta’s energy sector will just board up the windows and go elsewhere,” the chain letter warns.

“It will be crippling for the entire nation.”

“Alberta separation would be a crushing blow to this country and its economy,” it concedes, but suggests that “it doesn’t have to be this way.”

“Fellow Canadians, please consider this when casting your ballot,” urges the letter. “There is a fragility in this nation that could be fractured with stroke of a pen, and the power rests firmly in the hands of your provinces.”

“Vote wisely. Vote Canadian.”

Fagerheim is also a vocal supporter of Alberta Premier Jason Kenney and has, on occasion, been spotted boosting federal Conservative candidates.

Doorknocking, I ran into Grant Fagerheim, President-Whitecap Resources Inc. & I'm happy to say, a supporter of mine for the nomination. He has been in the media about the necessity of the GOA limiting oil production to deal with the differentials. #cpc #cndpoli #abpoli #yyc

View image on Twitter

He also has close ties with former Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall, who sits on Whitecap Resource’s board of directors.

Both Wall and Fagerheim helped organize a political action committee called the Buffalo Project, a group that takes its name from a 1905 plan to merge Alberta and Saskatchewan into one super-province — although the group told CBC News it does not advocate for Western separatism.

A number of prominent right-wing voices in Alberta have increasingly exploited divisive rhetoric about national unity.

Calgary radio host Danielle Smith recently called Alberta a “doormat” and mused about “national unity” and “Alberta separation” — she even wondered out loud if the province should return to its 1903 boundaries when Alberta and Saskatchewan were joined as one.

Calgary celebrity millionaire W. Brett Wilson, who also advises the Buffalo Project, has also suggested environmentalists be hung for treason and mused about the idea Alberta could “leave Confederation” — although Wilson is very clear that he’s “not a separatist.”

Whitecap Resources CEO Grant Fagerheim’s chain letter to employees

The Alberta obsession continues.