Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He is a private citizen.  He is not spending any money.  Therefore this is not interference of any sort.  Scheer is just mad he can't get his president to endorse him the same way Trudeau got the ex US presidents approval.

Get it, see what I did there?  Because Scheer is half American I pointed out how he hasn't had any endorsements at all from his country's president?  See man, do you see?

Scheers paying a firm to degrade the chances of the PPC is far more electoral interference than this.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/election-2019/obama-isnt-interfering-in-canadas-election-but-why-did-he-speak-up-at-all

If scheer could do one smart thing its avoid trump endorsements at all costs.

This election may  be one for the ages. CBC has like less then a 1 point lead for the liberals and ipsos has the cpc with a 2 point lead. Both are a statistical tie.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:42 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Do you want the pipeline running through your backyard ? 

Do you want a oil sea terminal in your swimming pool or in the lake where you have a cottage ?

Do you think an oil spill in Vancouver harbour could hurt our tourism industry ?

Just a few simple questions for you ?

Vs train? Imagine oil going off the rails into the Fraser. Is that not a concern?

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Vs train? Imagine oil going off the rails into the Fraser. Is that not a concern?

No.. they don't mention that in the documentaries. B)

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:03 AM, King Heffy said:

Considering there isn't a single part of the Cons' social platform I find acceptable, this isn't a problem at all for me.  I don't want to vote for someone willing to allow any of Scheer's bigoted viewpoints to influence the country, for any reason.  The only thing holding me back from being decided on voting for NDP is our terrible local candidate.

Okay so what is unacceptable? What policy are we talking about?

Scheer's 'bigoted viewpoints' haven't made there way into the conservative platform, to my knowledge. (open to being wrong, I'm not Scheer fanboy). As long as he's willing to accept the progressive nature of our country, and leave his personal beliefs to the side, it shouldn't matter IMO. Religious freedom is tolerated in this country.

You make an interesting point on local candidates. I said earlier I may just vote on principal but local candidate is another thing to consider. I had the conservative leader in my riding send me a personal letter outlining what he wanted to do. I don't know that it'll win by vote over but I thought it was pretty cool. That's another part too consider aswell. 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:24 AM, bishopshodan said:

31% of the country?

For the conservative party? I mean people with conservative values. That can include the PPC & even some people who vote Liberal. People don't have to be tied to parties. The point I'm making is him being so clearly against 'conservatives', those values represent a very large part of the country. He's equality/progressive leader, yet from what I've seen has demonstrated some intolerance to opposition. 

Personally, I don't have much faith in the Green Party platform, but I have a ton of respect for Elizabeth May & am opening to hearing them out. Is that same approach too much to ask of Singh's NDP? 

• Upvote 3

So, do we expect a Liberial/NDP coalition???

Its an interesting election. The ****yness of the leaders is widening the playing field. Liberials & Conservatives have both been underwhelming, which will add support to Greens & NDP (& PPC, who I'm thinking could do better than polls might indicate, we'll see) and I'd expect the Bloc to get good support in Quebec. I don't follow the polls but I'm anticipating a minority gov't. Which could lead to a 'left' coalition. But we'll see.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Smashian Kassian to be fair he doesn't want any oil extraction in Canada. He wants Canada to buy it off the United States.

Of course like anyone with common sense i want to see Canada transitioning away from dirty bitumen and moving forward with Green Energy.

Sooner the better.    

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So, do we expect a Liberial/NDP coalition???

Its an interesting election. The ****yness of the leaders is widening the playing field. Liberials & Conservatives have both been underwhelming, which will add support to Greens & NDP (& PPC, who I'm thinking could do better than polls might indicate, we'll see) and I'd expect the Bloc to get good support in Quebec. I don't follow the polls but I'm anticipating a minority gov't. Which could lead to a 'left' coalition. But we'll see.

Its about an 85% chance right now of a Lib win with about 54% being a Lib minority. They're going to have to to hold on to any power I expect. 

Sadly I don't think it will be enough to ouster that turd Murican Scheer though.  The Cons with a better leader should have won this easily. 

• Hydration 1

9 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of course like anyone with common sense i want to see Canada transitioning away from dirty bitumen and moving forward with Green Energy.

Sooner the better.    

Where's the electricity going to come from when you plug in your electric car at night if the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing?

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Its about an 85% chance right now of a Lib win with about 54% being a Lib minority. They're going to have to to hold on to any power I expect. 

Sadly I don't think it will be enough to ouster that turd Murican Scheer though.  The Cons with a better leader should have won this easily. 

If the media can turn a blandy like Sheer into a "turd" I'm pretty sure no one else had a chance either.

9 minutes ago, topshelfhbm said:

Where's the electricity going to come from when you plug in your electric car at night if the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing?

lol I love troll accounts.

Just now, Duodenum said:

lol I love troll accounts.

Nanos Poll yesterday

Cons 32,5 Libs 31.7 NDP 20.8 Bloc 7.2 green 60 PPC 1.5

Not a troll. Where would the power come from. Is there an answer?

Just now, topshelfhbm said:

Nanos Poll yesterday

There should really be a minimum time or approved postings limit before trolls can just parachute in.

1 minute ago, inane said:

There should really be a minimum time or approved postings limit before trolls can just parachute in.

I'm excited about the election and possible Alberta separation.

4 minutes ago, topshelfhbm said:

Nanos Poll yesterday

Tell me you're not really stupid enough to believe that if the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing, there will be no power?:wacko:

I thought you were joking....:unsure:

3 minutes ago, inane said:

Where's that power coming from. There is no green answer.

5 minutes ago, topshelfhbm said:

Nanos Poll yesterday

How does solar work at night

I literally wrote that in to a search bar.

You are looking forward to Alberta separation, 4 posts, don't know how solar works...totally not a troll account.  our mistake

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Tell me you're not really stupid enough to believe that if the sun isn't shining and the wind isn't blowing, there will be no power?:wacko:

I thought you were joking....:unsure:

Yes I am. I dont know a green alt. That's why I ask. Thanks. What's the answer.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

How does solar work at night

I literally wrote that in to a search bar.

You are looking forward to Alberta separation, 4 posts, don't know how solar works...totally not a troll account.  our mistake

It doesn't work at night. I thought that was a no brainer.