Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

4 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

This may be correct but you forgot the umm/ahhh to actual word ratio of Trudeau i believe its 3-5 umms and Ahhs per actual word.

Yeah Justin pretty boy is like Bill Lumbergh.  But at least he isn't Scheer aka 

4804c4c30a8d43e21ee6942aa1851bc1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

You're so angry all the time. 

Was being a former mod that stressful?

Cut the man some slack. Jihadis invaded his country and now he is afraid to leave his house because the entirety of Sweden is a no-go zone.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

For the conservative party? I mean people with conservative values. That can include the PPC & even some people who vote Liberal. People don't have to be tied to parties. The point I'm making is him being so clearly against 'conservatives', those values represent a very large part of the country. He's equality/progressive leader, yet from what I've seen has demonstrated some intolerance to opposition. 

Personally, I don't have much faith in the Green Party platform, but I have a ton of respect for Elizabeth May & am opening to hearing them out. Is that same approach too much to ask of Singh's NDP? 

Thanks for the clarification, I obviously thought you were commenting on Singhs refusal to prop a Conservative party in a minority scenario. I understand now, because it wouldn't make sense otherwise...if the Con's had half the population supporting their party, there would be no need for NDP support.

What are the conservative values prevalent in multi parties (ppc, Lib etc as you state)  that you believe half to country adheres to? and that Singh is so clearly against? 

Edited by bishopshodan

52 minutes ago, Toews said:

Cut the man some slack. Jihadis invaded his country and now he is afraid to leave his house because the entirety of Sweden is a no-go zone.

Bildresultat för svensk ebba stockholm

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Trudeau is going to win again isn't he...

Of  course.   The extreme personal  social views / values  that Scheer has turns off too  many Canadians.

A  leader  that denies climate change, doesn't support womens rights of choice... and is against gays and transgender rights....    -  to be honest is unelectable in Canada . 

The other 3 choices are what people are struggling to sort out though....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Hydration 3

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of  course.   The extreme personal  social views / values  that Scheer turns off too  many Canadians.

A  leader  that denies climate change, doesn't support womens rights of choice... and is against gays and transgender rights....    -  to be honest is unelectable in Canada . 

unless the left side splits the vote. Its more than a little ironic. 

Don't count your chickens King, this thing isn't over till its over. 

• Hydration 1

16 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Trudeau is going to win again isn't he...

Depends on how you define "win".   Trudeau can "lose" the election, ie. less seats than the Tories, but still be PM because the NDP say they are willing to  support the Liberals and not the Tories.

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Of  course.   The extreme personal  social views / values  that Scheer has turns off too  many Canadians.

The other 3 choices are what people are struggling to sort out though....

You forgot one major player, $ money. A lot of people see the Conservatives as a party that can pump life into the declining oil industry and thus save and maintain many people's careers and lifestyles.

There is also a large amount of the business community who see tax breaks and a chance to grow their gravy trains on savings whether the Conservatives followed through or not I am aware of several business people who see this as a reason to vote blue.

Human rights, equality, well Capitalist or Conservative ideals would have people freely purchasing private healthcare, education, etc of their choosing and not bogging down Government with social programs. Again there is a large amount of people who see this as a savings for them.

Not to mention again going back to money but there are so many people who won't even acknowledge the changes our climate is enduring due to our actions, it is not taken seriously, the thought of changing careers or shifting how we live is too much for many to consider and its so much easier to blame children and deny facts, science, common sense really then change or give up money, or an excess lifestyle for the greater good.

I personally think Canada needs to move away from the " big two " parties and by strengthening other parties to hold them accountable is a good if not realistic start, still think Trudeau and the Liberals squeeze back in, but anticipate growth in orange and green moving forward.

But until that last vote is counted I would not at all be surprised to see a Conservative minority Government. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

... and is 1/2 American .

Edited by bishopshodan

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

unless the left side splits the vote. Its more than a little ironic. 

Don't count your chickens King, this thing isn't over till its over. 

I think a lot of people are waking up to the fact there are different choices and hard decisions will need to be made moving forward in our lives if we stay status quo, steering away from Liberal or Conservative majority is not a bad thing, strengthening the NDP and Greens for example will keep the minority government in check while ensuring different voices and different policy will have opportunity moving forward. 

I used to think strategic and heard the " wasted vote " talk, but the end of the day you need to vote for what you believe in, what will make for a better life for you, your family, the future. It starts by removing the mindset you must strategically vote to keep someone out by fear. Think big picture, long term.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Depends on how you define "win".   Trudeau can "lose" the election, ie. less seats than the Tories, but still be PM because the NDP say they are willing to  support the Liberals and not the Tories.

Like the recent BC election-coalition? Or is this FE different somehow?

Sorry for the stupid question. I'm wondering if it would look like the Weaver Horgan alliance?

Form Voltron?

Edited by Western Red

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

This may be correct but you forgot the umm/ahhh to actual word ratio of Trudeau i believe its 3-5 umms and Ahhs per actual word.

Dammit you're right.  I just need a sip from one of those water box, container. Box things

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I see the future

the idiot will win

That doesn’t really narrow down who you're talking about 

Edited by BM24

Are there any graphs showing how the seats might play out or are there only nationwide percentages so far? Those percentages mean nothing to me in a parliamentary government.

4 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I voted on my way to work today!

It reminded me of sex in my early years:

• not sure I put it in the right place
  • in and out in no time
  • left there feeling like my actions didn't have any meaning

You forgot: "I was by myself at the time"....B)

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

don't forget polls close at 7pm now in BC. 

Is that stupid rule about bars not being allowed to serve until the polls close still on the books? :unsure:

....asking for a friend.....:blush:

• Haha 1