Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Edibles are being released in the coming months.... wouldn't that include beverages ?  

"Legalization 2.0" is in effect now

https://globalnews.ca/news/6045821/weed-101-british-columbians-edible-cannabis/ 

I know, I did see that they are moving on the edibles. 

I don't think it is to the stage of drinks yet...but I would assume it's under the 'edibles' umbrella.

I work in the Alc business and know a few companies that have recipes developed but are still in a holding pattern.

Can't wait for something that tastes like ginger ale or cola with 3-5mgs of THC in it. Should taste just like pop, no hang over, easier on the liver etc...

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats really only possible long term under a proportional system. Trudeau's broken promise aside, I don't know that Canadians really want that. In the provincial referendums so far, no one has wanted it.

Fair enough, more my opinion I guess.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats not been a thing for a while now. 

I'm going to an election party tonight, so I might be drunk posting later. Not that you'd notice a difference.

Kos:ph34r:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm going to an election party tonight...

Election nerd :P

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats not been a thing for a while now. 

I'm going to an election party tonight, so I might be drunk posting later. Not that you'd notice a difference.

True story: The night that Mulroney was elected (or re-elected, can't remember, but it was the "NAFTA election") we were stuck in Rosetown, while our 5 ton with all our gear in it was stuck in 'Stoon with a broken crankshaft. We had a gig in Alberta that we were going to be late for and we knew we had a huge repair bill upcoming. (In addition to the motel stay in Rosetown)

All we wanted was a drink (or a lot of drinks) but we had to wait for the &%*#@ polls to close. Longest evening of my life

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

while our 5 ton

Touring in a 5 ton?!?

That's large,

Was this when you played for Earth Wind and Fire?

37 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

All my coworkers are voting Conservative, I ask them why and their reasons are pretty infuriating.  

"Trudeau gave money to a terrorist"

"Immigration" (They all immigrated here at some point:picard:, it's ok for them but not anyone else I guess)

"Cheaper gas"

"They legalized Marawanna"

Most Asians are in favour of "legal" immigration, but not "illegal immigration.  ie refugees.  They believe refugees are jumping the queue since it take a long time or not all for their relatives to come to Canada.

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

True story: The night that Mulroney was elected (or re-elected, can't remember, but it was the "NAFTA election") we were stuck in Rosetown, while our 5 ton with all our gear in it was stuck in 'Stoon with a broken crankshaft. We had a gig in Alberta that we were going to be late for and we knew we had a huge repair bill upcoming. (In addition to the motel stay in Rosetown)

All we wanted was a drink (or a lot of drinks) but we had to wait for the &%*#@ polls to close. Longest evening of my life

I've seen "the motel" in Rosetown, my condolences. I think I still have a cousin that owns "the carwash" in Rosetown actually. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Touring in a 5 ton?!?

That's large,

Lots of gear. Back in the 80s if you didn't have at least 24 Par 64s and a follow spot you couldn't get into any decent club. (not that we didn't play our share of dumps as well....)

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lots of gear. Back in the 80s if you didn't have at least 24 Par 64s and a follow spot you couldn't get into any decent club. (not that we didn't play our share of dumps as well....)

Odd that clubs cared so much about people's golf games.

I wouldn't have gotten in anywhere. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I've seen "the motel" in Rosetown, my condolences. I think I still have a cousin that owns "the carwash" in Rosetown actually. 

Yeah. The first time I saw the motel scene in the Devil's Rejects, I thought "Hey! I've been in that motel!"

To make matters worse, It was cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge that day....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Can't imagine hauling a lighting rig for club shows!

Just to derail a bit more here. We once had a band open for us from Detroit, they were one hit wonders called Sponge. They thought they were the next big thing, came with full crew, bus, Marshall stacks, lighting etc....

We were playing 300 seaters. Can you say over kill!

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Can't imagine hauling a lighting rig for club shows!

Just to derail a bit more here. We once had a band open for us from Detroit, they were one hit wonders called Sponge. They thought they were the next big thing, came with full crew, bus, Marshall stacks, lighting etc....

We were playing 300 seaters. Can you say over kill!

That sort of thing was the norm for a while.....

We were paying around a grand a week in rental costs for the gear and the truck. Then there was the 15% off the top for the agent...

• Hydration 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Touring in a 5 ton?!?

That's large,

No.. he just had a pretty large drum kit...

ay_115190141.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Kos:ph34r:

Everyone seems drunk to you Ryan.... maybe it's your F 350 exhaust fumes leaking into your cab.......

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

RUPERTKBD actually is Harry Wayne Casey....

That's actual footage of Rup from Crackers Club in Saskatoon, circa 1981, before they went Karaoke

• Hydration 1