Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Everyone seems drunk to you Ryan.... maybe it's your F 350 exhaust fumes leaking into your cab.......

Alberta, means it's a diesel, right?  They produce that thick black smoke.  Albertans like that stuff.  :frantic:

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

All my coworkers are voting Conservative, I ask them why and their reasons are pretty infuriating.  

"Immigration" (They all immigrated here at some point:picard:, it's ok for them but not anyone else I guess)

"They legalized Marawanna"

Weird, the Cons' position on those issues is a major reason that I could never vote for those scumbags, unless we were in an apocalyptic world and we were trying to decide who to sacrifice.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 4

just checking some of the polls from the last few days from the main pollsters - "undecided" is ranging between 6 and 10% as of yesterday. Thats big enough to have a huge impact today. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

just checking some of the polls from the last few days from the main pollsters - "undecided" is ranging between 6 and 10% as of yesterday. Thats big enough to have a huge impact today. 

I think the undecided is where JT's Halo effect comes into play.  Even if only 1% of those undecided voters choose JT because of his good looks (unconsciously) that could swing some riding to the Liberals.  I believe that's what will happen, and JT (and his pretty face; be it white or black) will be our PM for another 4 to 5 years.  

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think the undecided is where JT's Halo effect comes into play.  Even if only 1% of those undecided voters choose JT because of his good looks (unconsciously) that could swing some riding to the Liberals.  I believe that's what will happen, and JT (and his pretty face; be it white or black) will be our PM for another 4 to 5 years.  

Hope you are right.

I want to live in an inclusive country / society where all people are valued no what their gender, race or sexual orientation is.....

Thats the country i want to live in. 

We all know that corporate tax cuts do nothing for average canadians....  only result in eventual cuts in services....

Fingers crossed.   I  don't know who to vote for yet... but i do not what ONE party that i will NOT be voting for.  

Today will be plug my nose and vote strategy. 

• Hydration 1

Hope you are right.

I want to live in an inclusive country / society where all people are valued no what their gender, race or sexual orientation is.....

We all know that corporate tax cuts do nothing for average canadians....  only result in eventual cuts in services....

Fingers crossed.   I  don't know who to vote for yet... but i do not what ONE party that i will NOT be voting for.  

Two, unless you consider the PPC bigots electable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hope you are right.

I'm not a Liberal, but believe JT is going to win. Even though I am a Conservative, I don't see Scheer as the right choice for a leader in our current world.   

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope you are right.

This is actually a hilarious post considering the liberals and anyone left of them are the reason for is now called the "cancel culture". How inclusive can you be when you just want to ban everything you don't agree with?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I do not believe in Sheer at all, he sounds like another Trump. therefore I am voting JT

• Hydration 3

3 minutes ago, Free-Unit said:

This is actually a hilarious post considering the liberals and anyone left of them are the reason for is now called the "cancel culture". How inclusive can you be when you just want to ban everything you don't agree with?

It's very 1984 ish how the Liberals under JT are trying to change the language we are supposed to use.  I still think he's winning though.  

33 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

RUPERTKBD actually is Harry Wayne Casey....

You got me....:blush:

10 minutes ago, Free-Unit said:

liberals and anyone left of them are the reason for is now called the "cancel culture"

I'm probably left of the liberals.

Never heard that term before.

Don't agree with it though. I also don't agree with the outcry about cultural appropriation. So I might not be a typical lefty.

I believe in free speech. As long as you are not trying to spread hate or harm. Both 'sides' in this binary world are guilty of that. Just look at the treatment of the 'puppet girl' in Edm... grown men trying to stop her from being heard. It's not like she was a Nazi trying to speak at a university or a Anti trans person trying to speak at a Library. She's actually not spreading hate at all, still the out cry!

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Free-Unit said:

thats a fringe part of anything left of centre. I doubt thats bigger than say those that support the PPC.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's very 1984 ish how the Liberals under JT are trying to change the language we are supposed to use.  I still think he's winning though.  

not language, just a few terms that don't make people feel so excluded from society. Is that really such a bad thing? we don't use all kinds of words today that were fine in polite company just a few years ago. 

Most people on the left are not scream down antifa's. 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for the clarification, I obviously thought you were commenting on Singhs refusal to prop a Conservative party in a minority scenario. I understand now, because it wouldn't make sense otherwise...if the Con's had half the population supporting their party, there would be no need for NDP support.

What are the conservative values prevalent in multi parties (ppc, Lib etc as you state)  that you believe half to country adheres to? and that Singh is so clearly against? 

I don't entirely know what Singh is against, I'm not inside his head. My examples in a general sense would be free markets & free speech, perhaps 'lower taxes', yada yada. There's plenty of nuance you could go into with some of these things (pipelines/equity vs equality/exc).

I'm more saying that just because Singh himself said he was 'against' Conservatives (or going to fight them or whatever he said), after also not wanting Bernier to have a platform. I know some of his stances on some of the nuanced issues, which is fine I don't have a problem with an opinion/stance, but that's kinda past my part of it here.

I will say, I get part of it for Singh is likely a social thing, making a social stance as a progressive/for equality leader. But I'm not a big fan b/c social issues don't seem to be the main components of PPC & Conservative platform. (besides immigration in PPC case, & not saying I agree with how drastic they wanna cut it but I don't think the immigration topic should be off limits to discuss either). It feels to me he's making it a pure social/progressive thing, although I'll admit I've checked out on politics a bit lately. 

There's things Singh's said that I like, same with May. I think NDP do bring up some good things that I'd agree with. I'd prefer focusing more on policy & finding common ground where we can rather than playing the social-political game. Not that NDP is only one guilty of it, mind you.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not language, just a few terms that don't make people feel so excluded from society. Is that really such a bad thing? we don't use all kinds of words today that were fine in polite company just a few years ago. 

Most people on the left are not scream down antifa's. 

Yes, language changes.  I don't believe government should be involved in dictating that change though, or in what people can wear too.     

Edited by Alflives

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't entirely know what Singh is against, I'm not inside his head. My examples would be free markets, free speech, 'lower taxes', yada yada. I'm just saying that because Singh said he was against Conservatives after also not wanting Bernier to have a platform. 

I will say, I get part of it for Singh is likely a social thing, making a social stance as a progressive/for equality leader, but it I'm not a big fan b/c social issues don't see to be the main components of PPC & Conservative platform. (besides immigration in PPC case, & not saying I agree with how drastic they wanna cut it but I don't think the immigration topic should be off limits to discuss either). 

There's things Singh's said that I like, same with May. I'd prefer focusing more on policy & finding common ground where we can rather than playing the social-political game. Not that NDP is only one guilty of it, mind you. 

Ok thanks,

I'm not a huge Singh fan.

I just hear 'Conservative Vales' a lot and I am not sure what that means. I got more curious thinking about what conservative values someone who votes Liberal would have.

I'm an immigrant. It was a long process for us to get into Canada. I feel we do a great job vetting. I believe that the immigrants that arrive in Canada enrich us and contribute to the economy as a result of that due diligence.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Everyone seems drunk to you Ryan.... maybe it's your F 350 exhaust fumes leaking into your cab.......

Or maybe it's me drunk?

Again it's an f150.

• Haha 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Ok thanks,

I'm not a huge Singh fan.

I just hear 'Conservative Vales' a lot and I am not sure what that means. I got more curious thinking about what conservative values someone who votes Liberal would have.

I'm an immigrant. It was a long process for us to get into Canada. I feel we do a great job vetting. I believe that the immigrants that arrive in Canada enrich us and contribute to the economy as a result of that due diligence.

I edited my post to try & explain a little better. Thanks for being reasonable!  I agree immigration is vital, & I'm glad things have worked out for you despite the long process! Immigration is necessary & diversity is part of our fabric. And I'm proud of that.

I'm glad this ends tonight, I'm losing energy with it all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Glad I got my vote in early. Last time I went in the evening and it took a while.

Not voting for the same party I voted for last election.