Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

46 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Honestly I give up on him.

This info is readily available but it's easier to trust an opinion piece from union leaders. :picard:

Yep, you can clearly tell he knows next to nothing about economics, he creates his entire opinion off biased leaning reporting.  Every now and then he post graphs and charts yet doesn’t understand them, he thinks they support him when they actually disprove his opinion. Lol. 

I don’t know why I always feel the need to have to correct him when he goes off on his made up tangents, possibly because so many here are gullible and start to believe it.  I really should let him be as it’s really not worth my time.  

The funniest part of all of this is how much he bashes Alberta and Albertans yet in the same breath he’s wanting to move here to improve his quality of life.  I mean if we messed up so bad, why the heck would you want to live here.

“Alberta is so stupid, what a complete tire fire, bunch of racist, bigots who don’t know how to run an economy”, - hippy

“Can’t wait to move and enjoy all the benefits of becoming an Albertan, Airdrie here I come” – Also hippy

Haha clown shoes

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Also with the dispute, we wouldn’t be able to fly over their airspace, meaning for flights to Toronto and such, we’d get to fly around :).  Not to mention driving, they may cut the highways off for Canadians ::D.

What if Canada did the same to them?

Could you imagine having to become an American? I would imagine that is a awful thought for many Canadians that benefit from living on that land that has Canadian oil. 

26 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep, you can clearly tell he knows next to nothing about economics, he creates his entire opinion off biased leaning reporting.  Every now and then he post graphs and charts yet doesn’t understand them, he thinks they support him when they actually disprove his opinion. Lol. 

I don’t know why I always feel the need to have to correct him when he goes off on his made up tangents, possibly because so many here are gullible and start to believe it.  I really should let him be as it’s really not worth my time.  

The funniest part of all of this is how much he bashes Alberta and Albertans yet in the same breath he’s wanting to move here to improve his quality of life.  I mean if we messed up so bad, why the heck would you want to live here.

“Alberta is so stupid, what a complete tire fire, bunch of racist, bigots who don’t know how to run an economy”, - hippy

“Can’t wait to move and enjoy all the benefits of becoming an Albertan, Airdrie here I come” – Also hippy

Haha clown shoes

I thought that was funny also. Airdrie no less haha oh man Blake Richard's phone and Angela Pitt's phone will never stop ringing. I imagine they will tell him to go back to BC haha.

29 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Anyone else see those articles in the financial post and Maclean’s? Essentially if Alberta was to leave Canada they think inflation would jump up 10-20%, the average Canadian would be paying $5-10,000 more/year in taxes. Also with the dispute, we wouldn’t be able to fly over their airspace, meaning for flights to Toronto and such, we’d get to fly around :).  Not to mention driving, they may cut the highways off for Canadians ::D.

There is also talk that they could join America, as America would be interested in their oil. 

I really hope this happens. I’d love to see house prices rise up to 20%. And for everyone’s taxes go up $5K/year. 

So would I as I would make a shiz ton of money (real estate investments as was the case just after the crash in the US). But have to think of those (and there will be many) that would be negatively affected.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought that was funny also. Airdrie no less haha oh man Blake Richard's phone and Angela Pitt's phone will never stop ringing. I imagine they will tell him to go back to BC haha.

Heard some people on the radio this morning talking about serious economic issues coming Alberta’s way.  Billions in lost tax revenue from a downward trend in oil/gas will mean others pay more, and cuts to government services.

You hearing similar there?  

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Blake plays on my hockey team when he's in town so im sure i could set up a meeting :)

5 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

So would I as I would make a shiz ton of money (real estate investments as was the case just after the crash in the US). But have to think of those (and there will be many) that would be negatively affected.

Not playing politics but @Standing_Tall#37 is correct us leaving Canada would have devastating consequences for Ottawa however I don't think airspace and such would be an issue. I honestly think we would get along like neighbouring countries but who knows.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard some people on the radio this morning talking about serious economic issues coming Alberta’s way.  Billions in lost tax revenue from a downward trend in oil/gas will mean others pay more, and cuts to government services.

Oil is an up and down cycle

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not playing politics but @Standing_Tall#37 is correct us leaving Canada would have devastating consequences for Ottawa however I don't think airspace and such would be an issue. I honestly think we would get along like neighbouring countries but who knows.

The consequences to Alberta would be so much worse. This fairy tale is asinine.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Violator said:

Makes one wonder why there isn't more blame placed on poor leadership in Alberta over the past few decades. Norway says hi.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I am but that's the if things don't change. The reason we get so little for our product is pipeline capacity if more pipelines are built we will get full value. Oil is at a decent price but not ours because we have nowhere to ship it. Pipelines are full. 

2 minutes ago, TheAce said:

Blake plays on my hockey team when he's in town so im sure i could set up a meeting :)

Lol.

Actually a really good guy...stands up for the military but the fact he loves Jesus might be hard for hip.:lol:

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Violator said:

True, but these pundits were laying blame at the difficulty getting 

Alberta’s oil/gas to world markets.  They were talking about three pipeline projects that need to be done. 

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, inane said:

The consequences to Alberta would be so much worse. This fairy tale is asinine.

Really? Use facts to make your argument please. Pretty much all economists disagree. 

We would have the 2nd highest gdp per capita in the world. The loonie would tumble and Alberta would save 10s of billions annually. Please back up your claim.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Really? Use facts to make your argument please. Pretty much all economists disagree. 

We would have the 2nd highest gdp per capita in the world. The loonie would tumble and Alberta would save 10s of billions annually. Please back up your claim.

Still landlocked though.  How would Alberta get its oil to market?  

5 minutes ago, Violator said:

Every commodity is.

4 minutes ago, inane said:

Makes one wonder why there isn't more blame placed on poor leadership in Alberta over the past few decades. Norway says hi.

I love when the uneducated use this argument. 

So who does Norway give 30 billion a year to? Oh ya they put it away...but we have to give it to Ottawa. 

Also I love this part, Norway has insane taxes for their citizens but very, very low corporate taxes...something tells me you wouldn't support insanely low corporate taxes.

Reality says Hi .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Still landlocked though.  How would Alberta get its oil to market?  

Same way we do now, at a discount but at least we save 30 billion a year.

It's not like we magically have an ocean we just say if you won't help we will save our money and move on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True, but these pundits were laying blame at the difficulty getting 

Alberta’s oil/gas to world markets.  They were talking about three pipeline projects that need to be done. 

It makes all of Canada richer.

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Same way we do now, at a discount but at least we save 30 billion a year.

It's not like we magically have an ocean we just say if you won't help we will save our money and move on.

Get BC to leave too.  Alberta and BC would be an extremely wealthy country.  

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is there something you can point me to if it was somewhat a hostile split? Has an economist looked at an ugly situation?

Seems the idea of separation is that Canada would just let you do it. What if your just not allowed? Canada says no, or else. I don't know all the things Ab would have to do...money , military, supplies...those in AB that don't want it causing troubles, what if the States strikes a deal with Canada for the oil and the people of Alberta have that land Federally expropriated? 

All of this is dumb game of Risk questions, just curious. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So who does Norway give 30 billion a year to?

what was their gig with their fund pull out?

They wanting things in accordance with the Paris Accord right?