Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Son of Castro.

Sadly that’s how the Liberals (which they really aren’t; they are clearly way left of centre) get votes.  They create a huge socialist free and easy money society, and of course those who get the free ride will vote fir them.  It’s a broken system though, and is clearly not sustainable.  Depression will occur, and austerity will be applied to all sectors of government.  The bloated bureaucracies that have been created over this free spending (borrowing) generation will be trimmed.  We are seeing it right now with the NDP slashing the fat from ICBC.   Education will be next, and the heath-care.  We can’t raise taxes any more, and we would need to sell the Atlantic Provinces to get out of debt.  There are a lot of people who think they are working for a living (in bureaucratic government created facade jobs) who will need to get real jobs to make ends meet. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I would like to see a real split parliament and wexit win the election then they can let us leave and step down.

 

Wexit 92 seats

Cpc 87 seats

Ppc 79 seats

Liberals 40 seats

Ndp 30 seats

Greens 10

 

Man that must be some crazy stuff you've been smoking.   It's been decades since there was a federal party who got 50% of the vote, and you think 3 parties splitting the right wing vote are going to sweep?  The PCP got fewer votes than the Greens and the PCP couldn't even elect their leader.  And Wexit, is it even a real political party yet?  Got a leader?  A constitution?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sadly that’s how the Liberals (which they really aren’t; they are clearly way left of centre) get votes.  They create a huge socialist free and easy money society, and of course those who get the free ride will vote fir them.  It’s a broken system though, and is clearly not sustainable.  Depression will occur, and austerity will be applied to all sectors of government.  The bloated bureaucracies that have been created over this free spending (borrowing) generation will be trimmed.  We are seeing it right now with the NDP slashing the fat from ICBC.   Education will be next, and the heath-care.  We can’t raise taxes any more, and we would need to sell the Atlantic Provinces to get out of debt.  There are a lot of people who think they are working for a living (in bureaucratic government created facade jobs) who will need to get real jobs to make ends meet. 

What happens when people don't buy government bonds anymore? Right now central banks are creating money by buying their own bonds. The 'traditional' reaction by governments in recession is QE but the results of that are coming in as a big negative. EU countries are now raising interest rates as most of their banks are shaky. As much as I despair at Canadian government debt and the ultimate fallout, as you describe, any world event could trigger a collapse in confidence. Look at what Greece did. 

 

It is a massive confidence game, a ponzi scheme. It allows populist leaders on the right and left gain power. At the root of it all globalism versus populism, the ideological conflict remains Capitalism versus Communism. Socialism is a sanitized, disguised, Communism. Capitalism has lost its cred due to wealth disparity and communism has never had any cred no matter what Sanders says. As much as I disagree with many on here at least they are asking questions. The status quo will not survive.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has officially gone "full retard"......:rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It is a massive confidence game, a ponzi scheme. It allows populist leaders on the right and left gain power. At the root of it all globalism versus populism, the ideological conflict remains Capitalism versus Communism. Socialism is a sanitized, disguised, Communism. Capitalism has lost its cred due to wealth disparity and communism has never had any cred no matter what Sanders says. As much as I disagree with many on here at least they are asking questions. The status quo will not survive.     

Is it really though? I view socialism is kind of a middle ground between Capitalism and Communism. Simply speaking, a socialist state would have citizens at various income tiers (low, middle, high) but the higher the income tier, the higher the taxes. These jobs would be across public and private sectors and the taxes go to social programs to support/boost the lower income tier. From my understanding, a true communist state has everyone working for the state and income is split evenly across all citizens (ie. only 1 income tier) with no private sector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Is it really though? I view socialism is kind of a middle ground between Capitalism and Communism. Simply speaking, a socialist state would have citizens at various income tiers (low, middle, high) but the higher the income tier, the higher the taxes. These jobs would be across public and private sectors and the taxes go to social programs to support/boost the lower income tier. From my understanding, a true communist state has everyone working for the state and income is split evenly across all citizens (ie. only 1 income tier) with no private sector.

That isn't how China works, aren't they a  true communist country ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who produces the numbers you speak of?  The same socialist government system that relies on the lazy loser votes to get elected, that’s who.  Propaganda 

Yeah, you're right, your gut feeling is a better gauge.

 

And they say the left bases its ideology on feelings. :rolleyes:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

O'Toole has already said he refuses to move the party to the centre.

he says that now, but does he hold that position later? I'm not so sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

That isn't how China works, aren't they a  true communist country ? 

No true communist country has ever existed... Closest would be Cuba. I am no economist but it seems to me that China has more similarities to capitalism than communism.. with a seasoning of dictatorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alflives said:

 We are seeing it right now with the NDP slashing the fat from ICBC.   Education will be next, and the heath-care.

Agreed on health care. Something like 20% of spending is on end of life care. Bunch of selfish, good for nothing old folk blowing through chunks of my hard earned tax dollars so they can live a couple months longer. 

 

Sorry, just trying my hand at Alf'ing. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

No true communist country has ever existed... Closest would be Cuba. I am no economist but it seems to me that China has more similarities to capitalism than communism.. with a seasoning of dictatorship.

Albania.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hippies I tell ya..

Sure bud.  Sure.

 

Loooove your foretelling of the next election.  Got any more of them Trudeau memes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, inane said:

 

This is so dumb, why do you insist on posting this complete inane bs. 

Y'all Got Any More Of That Meme | Y'ALL GOT ANY MORE OF THEM MEMES | image tagged in memes,y'all got any more of that | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Man that must be some crazy stuff you've been smoking.   It's been decades since there was a federal party who got 50% of the vote, and you think 3 parties splitting the right wing vote are going to sweep?  The PCP got fewer votes than the Greens and the PCP couldn't even elect their leader.  And Wexit, is it even a real political party yet?  Got a leader?  A constitution?  

According to Kos It's a combination of chewing tobacco and tar sludge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sure bud.  Sure.

 

Loooove your foretelling of the next election.  Got any more of them Trudeau memes

Got lots but I feel the more I post the less work you'll get done because you're busy responding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

 

FB_IMG_1578884887965.jpg

wow what a creepy message when combined with that picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow what a creepy message when combined with that picture. 

I actually hadn't thought about what you just said it was the laughter factor of it all you made a good point I had only actually read what it said not the picture of Trudeau with the Muslim girl

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I actually hadn't thought about what you just said it was the laughter factor of it all you made a good point I had only actually read what it said not the picture of Trudeau with the Muslim girl

I thought trump was the creepy part

 

colin farrell idk GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.