Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

your hate for Trudeau is making people in AB dumb. It really is. When everything has to get stuffed into a narrow narrative comments like this start to make sense. 

But we all know he just bought it to ensure he could kill it, isn't that where this leads? 

AB has gone off the rails. I suspect its going to get totally bat $&!# crazy soon. 

Off the rails?

The Agricultural minister in Alberta is a huge Trump supporter.  The health minister is threatening doctors and pushing for privatization while his wife and him are part of a consortium of private clinics.  The premier claims to be pure albertan but wasn't born or raised there, but people like Freeland and notley are no better than quebecoise.

Trudeau bought a pipeline to ensure it gets built, but Kenneys dumped a potential $8+ billion in to a private Enterprise with no hope of a proper return in investment but he's good, Trudeau bad.

By the numbers more has been done for Alberta in just under 6 years than Harper, Chretien or Mulroney did in their respective decades but "Trudeau is killing Alberta and hates it"

It's not off the rails, it's tiger king crazy at this point

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Off the rails?

The Agricultural minister in Alberta is a huge Trump supporter.  The health minister is threatening doctors and pushing for privatization while his wife and him are part of a consortium of private clinics.  The premier claims to be pure albertan but wasn't born or raised there, but people like Freeland and notley are no better than quebecoise.

Trudeau bought a pipeline to ensure it gets built, but Kenneys dumped a potential $8+ billion in to a private Enterprise with no hope of a proper return in investment but he's good, Trudeau bad.

By the numbers more has been done for Alberta in just under 6 years than Harper, Chretien or Mulroney did in their respective decades but "Trudeau is killing Alberta and hates it"

yea but they carry us so we can all &^@# off, isn't that so? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Netflix wants me to watch that so bad but I want nothing to do with it. 

• Hydration 1

your hate for Trudeau is making people in AB dumb. It really is. When everything has to get stuffed into a narrow narrative comments like this start to make sense. 

But we all know he just bought it to ensure he could kill it, isn't that where this leads? 

AB has gone off the rails. I suspect its going to get totally bat $&!# crazy soon. 

Nope he bought it because his policies scared investment away.

1 hour ago, inane said:

Lol you've been saying the opposite all along. He was forced to buy it because the private sector wouldn't build it because of him. What a twisted place your brain is. Anything to blame others

Wtf? I didn't twist anything, I have consistently said the same thing regarding TMX.

Where is the bailout jim and hip said was coming last week? Like I said Alberta will get nothing and still contribute equalization after all this.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yea but they carry us so we can all &^@# off, isn't that so? 

Yes it is. Thank you for your honesty. 

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Netflix wants me to watch that so bad but I want nothing to do with it. 

I kinda feel the same way. Just finished season 3 of Ozark, man that was a good season. Ozark reminds me a little of Airdrie. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes it is. Thank you for your honesty. 

I've come around to thinking #wexit is the best path forward. Just for AB tho. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Me too. We've painted your grass a nice deep shade of green, don't let the door hit you.

DW51.gif

• Hydration 3

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Me too. We've painted your grass a nice deep shade of green, don't let the door hit you.

DW51.gif

If a majority have Strome's attitude and won't even accept diversification money we need to cut ties with that sinking ship. Its harsh, but I don't want to carry the next Alabama with my tax money. 

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If a majority have Strome's attitude and won't even accept diversification money we need to cut ties with that sinking ship. Its harsh, but I don't want to carry the next Alabama with my tax money. 

Here's where Alberta stands right now.  Closing down essential services in hospitals and clinics and NOT due to COVID 19 but due to budget cuts and insurance issues brought in during the last 6 months.  That's not a federal issue at all.  But if this is where they're at, I agree.  Cut ties.  Give them their 30% and off ya go

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/corbella-rural-women-watch-out-doctors-cant-afford-to-deliver-your-babies/ar-BB129bHq?ocid=spartandhp&fbclid=IwAR2YhxNJJstc6ZoCNP1PXpcGcOWMz_bwHEVo2qWWoLV68Yo4EkV_KJX0K7o

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

"coming soon"

Ottawa prepares multibillion-dollar bailout of oil and gas sector

Sources in both governments say they do not want to reveal some of the measures under discussion in case they are taken off the table in the negotiations and financial markets react negatively when the final package is announced next week.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-ottawa-prepares-multibillion-dollar-bailout-of-oil-and-gas-sector/

56 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nope he bought it because his policies scared investment away.

Wtf? I didn't twist anything, I have consistently said the same thing regarding TMX.

Where is the bailout jim and hip said was coming last week? Like I said Alberta will get nothing and still contribute equalization after all this.

It's like...you don't read.  This is from both the Feds and provincial government in Alberta.  It is all a matter of time.

As for chasing and scaring away investment.  I guess $50 oil.  $40 oil.  $30 oil.  $20 oil.  $10 oil had literally nothing to do with that.  At all.  Right?  Just all Trudeau's fault isn't it? 

Edited by Warhippy

Posted (edited)

#wexitalberta

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

DW51.gif

We won't. We can still be friends, but no more free money.

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It does suck carrying people with your money doesn't it? We know the feeling. 

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Here's where Alberta stands right now.  Closing down essential services in hospitals and clinics and NOT due to COVID 19 but due to budget cuts and insurance issues brought in during the last 6 months.  That's not a federal issue at all.  But if this is where they're at, I agree.  Cut ties.  Give them their 30% and off ya go

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/corbella-rural-women-watch-out-doctors-cant-afford-to-deliver-your-babies/ar-BB129bHq?ocid=spartandhp&fbclid=IwAR2YhxNJJstc6ZoCNP1PXpcGcOWMz_bwHEVo2qWWoLV68Yo4EkV_KJX0K7o

You and your garbage. Covid 19 shows just how far ahead Alberta is then BC.

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's like...you don't read.  This is from both the Feds and provincial government in Alberta.  It is all a matter of time.

As for chasing and scaring away investment.  I guess $50 oil.  $40 oil.  $30 oil.  $20 oil.  $10 oil had literally nothing to do with that.  At all.  Right?  Just all Trudeau's fault isn't it? 

That announcement was suppose to come a week and a half a go. Maybe the story is false.

As for your oil prices...NO that's not why TMX investors  pulled out.

Edited by Ryan Strome

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

#wexitalberta

We won't. We can still be friends, but no more free money.

You and your garbage. Covid 19 shows just how far ahead Alberta is then BC.

That announcement was suppose to come a week and a half a go. Maybe the story is false.

As for your oil prices...NO that's not why TMX investors  pulled out.

Not our fault you blatantly ignore the facts because they go against your narrative

• Hydration 1

It won't stop with AB. 

44 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

AB is going to turn into a $&!#hole eventually. Ryan probably doesn't give a $&!# about it, he will probably be retiring in Penticton by then. I really feel for the younger generation of Albertans who actually consider it their home, rather than these selfish temporary "Albertans" who are pretending like they have the better interests of AB while already planning for retirement somewhere else. Sad.

• Hydration 1

Just now, Toews said:

AB is going to turn into a $&!#hole eventually. Ryan probably doesn't give a $&!# about it, he will probably be retiring in Penticton by then. I really feel for the younger generation of Albertans who actually consider it their home, rather than these selfish temporary "Albertans" who are pretending like they have the better interests of AB while already planning for retirement somewhere else. Sad.

Whatever challenges AB faces at this time are real. If you don't fear for the future of all of Canada, especially the youth, then your not recognizing the full problem.  

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Not our fault you blatantly ignore the facts because they go against your narrative

No facts were provided, in fact everything he said was made up nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No facts were provided, in fact everything he said was made up nonsense. 

You have a very different idea of “made up nonsense” than everyone else because your conservative mindset blinds you from reality. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Not really. I carry people with 'my' money all the time actually. I'm 'carrying' my wife, two kids, dog and cat. I also have zero problem with paying taxes that go to help out the less fortunate among us, pay for transit (even though I seldom use it personally), pay for military, pay for roads and other infrastructure I may never use, pay for healthcare that will help the junkie OD'ing in the DTES  just as much as it may help a middle class person Sasky not go bankrupt after a heart attack or helped me not go bankrupt when my twin boys were born premature and needed extra medical care.

It's called being a productive member of society.

It does suck carrying ungrateful, self serving ones who don't give a crap about anyone else, least of all being part of a strong country that helps each other out.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

You have a very different idea of “made up nonsense” than everyone else because your conservative mindset blinds you from reality. 

Who is everyone else? You and a few far lefties in here? Btw didn't the conservatives get the most votes?

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Not really. I carry people with 'my' money all the time actually. I'm 'carrying' my wife, two kids, dog and cat. I also have zero problem with paying taxes that go to help out the less fortunate among us, pay for transit (even though I seldom use it personally), pay for military, pay for roads and other infrastructure I may never use, pay for healthcare that will help the junkie OD'ing in the DTES  just as much as it may help a middle class person Sasky not go bankrupt after a heart attack or helped me not go bankrupt when my twin boys were born premature and needed extra medical care.

It's called being a productive member of society.

It does suck carrying ungrateful, self serving ones who don't give a crap about anyone else, least of all being part of a strong country that helps each other out.

You lost me when you called a cat and dog people.