Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

a strong social safety net isn't "socialism" its actually good business. The better a country's safety net is, the more wealth it has. 

 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

 

I think Jim tried to educate you.

 

Alright.  So stuff like Medicare for all,  welfare,  food stamps, things that would form a strong social safety net isn't socialism.  It's good business.  Now, if you could educate the people who throw out the socialism is bad bs when discussing those things:

thatd-be-great.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

 

Alright.  So stuff like Medicare for all,  welfare,  food stamps, things that would form a strong social safety net isn't socialism.  It's good business.  Now, if you could educate the people who throw out the socialism is bad bs when discussing those things:

thatd-be-great.jpg

don't forget buying pipelines, am i rite @Ryan Strome :gocan:

 

We really don't have anyone advocating true socialism in Canada, maybe some of the leftist off the left of the NDP. We just look socialist when we compare ourselves to the sometimes cruel $&!# show down south. 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hmm Alberta pays the highest wages and has very little unions.

Highest wages in what area(s) vs unionized job in that same job in other provinces? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hmm Alberta pays the highest wages 

Which is also why Alberta pays more in transfers and equalization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Hmm Alberta pays the highest wages 

actually oil companies do. I think this is part of the problem, you've hitched your identity to oil companies so much you can't see any other future for yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I look at the emergency benefit program in isolation, I have to admit, the government has done a pretty good job so far in getting money out the door. Pretty quick for government standards; although, I'm not going to give all of the credit to the Liberals, I'm sure hundreds of public servants have been working their asses off behind the scenes to get this going.

 

We'll see if it smoothly rolls out this week, but job well done so far. Hope the government will make some changes and help recent university grads like myself become eligible for the program also. This virus has taken a large crap on our career plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Which is also why Alberta pays more in transfers and equalization. 

Actually it's the way the formula was created.

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

actually oil companies do. I think this is part of the problem, you've hitched your identity to oil companies so much you can't see any other future for yourself. 

Actually pretty much every field pays higher in Alberta than other provinces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Highest wages in what area(s) vs unionized job in that same job in other provinces? 

That's a good question. We may be isolated but that's a lot of work haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

 

Alright.  So stuff like Medicare for all,  welfare,  food stamps, things that would form a strong social safety net isn't socialism.  It's good business.  Now, if you could educate the people who throw out the socialism is bad bs when discussing those things:

thatd-be-great.jpg

That's between you and Jim. Canadas safety net is something that has been protected by both parties. The reality is you don't understand what socialism is or at least that is the impression you're giving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's a good question. We may be isolated but that's a lot of work haha.

I’ll wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

don't forget buying pipelines, am i rite @Ryan Strome :gocan:

 

 

 

That's forced socialism because we don't have a investment friendly government. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I’ll wait...

You are waiting a while. You can do the work. Also figure out why unions are a dying thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are waiting a while. You can do the work. Also figure out why unions are a dying thing.

You put the claim forth. The onus is on you to back it up. I’ll wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's between you and Jim. Canadas safety net is something that has been protected by both parties. The reality is you don't understand what socialism is or at least that is the impression you're giving. 

If that is so, then neither do you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You put the claim forth. The onus is on you to back it up. I’ll wait. 

Lol what? What about the claims you made and backed them up with nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

If that is so, then neither do you. 

I guess that's your opinion. Like Jim told you there is a big difference between socialism and a safety net.

Does Canada feel like the Soviet Union or Venezuela to you?

Also I'm not even sure why we are discussing this? When did socialism come up?

Edited by Ryan Strome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You put the claim forth. The onus is on you to back it up. I’ll wait. 

Actually I made no claim. I said Alberta pays the highest wages and has very few unions. I can tell you're part of a union with your staunch support but at least be honest and don't make things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I guess that's your opinion. Like Jim told you there is a big difference between socialism and a safety net.

Does Canada feel like the Soviet Union or Venezuela to you?

Also I'm not even sure why we are discussing this? When did socialism come up?

Go back a page.  Starts with this and then followed shortly by your response to me.

13 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The Liberals are socialist. When the collective good supersedes individual liberty I object. This process disenfranchises the citizen and abrogates individual responsibility. Socialism has a regular habit of descending into totalitarianism.    

 

As for the first bit of your response, then we are back things like Medicare for all etc are not socialism and you and Forsberg will have to educate people who retort with socialism is bad.  Because those are social safety net programs.   If not, then we go way back to you and Forsberg educating us on what is socialism.   I have a feeling even you won't get it straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol what? What about the claims you made and backed them up with nothing?

Such as? 
 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually I made no claim. I said Alberta pays the highest wages and has very few unions. I can tell you're part of a union with your staunch support but at least be honest and don't make things up.

Exactly. You made the claim the Alberta pays the highest wage and has very few unions. Which jobs are the highest paid compared to the equal versions of union jobs and what jobs in Albertan sectors are non union as opposed to their union counterparts in more unionized provinces that gives Alberta fewer unions? 
 

Those are your claims, so again the onus is on you to provide some evidence to those claims if you’re going to proffer them as facts. 
 

I’ll wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Such as? 
 

Exactly. You made the claim the Alberta pays the highest wage and has very few unions. Which jobs are the highest paid compared to the equal versions of union jobs and what jobs in Albertan sectors are non union as opposed to their union counterparts in more unionized provinces that gives Alberta fewer unions? 
 

Those are your claims, so again the onus is on you to provide some evidence to those claims if you’re going to proffer them as facts. 
 

I’ll wait. 

1) Go back a page

 

2) Again I said Alberta pays the highest wages, that's a fact. As for the comparison I don't know who or who isn't unionized. 

For example though, in the trucking industry non unionized truck drivers make more money with the same benefits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.