Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Patrik Stefan Misses Empty Net - 2007 - Full Incident (Dual-Feed ...

Pretty much sums up Scheer during the election.  He had all this ammo already fired at Trudeau that was self inflicted, all the had to do was convince the country what the Cons could do to make a better government but he absolutely crapped the bed and just decided to keep insulting and crap talk Trudeau for months and it came across as piss poor leadership for anyone like me that is central and can be swayed left or right with a leader that you believe more in and the policies the party proposes.  

47 minutes ago, Russ said:

Pretty much sums up Scheer during the election.  He had all this ammo already fired at Trudeau that was self inflicted, all the had to do was convince the country what the Cons could do to make a better government but he absolutely crapped the bed and just decided to keep insulting and crap talk Trudeau for months and it came across as piss poor leadership for anyone like me that is central and can be swayed left or right with a leader that you believe more in and the policies the party proposes.  

They need to gut the party from top shelf to rank and file and start over  with a truly Conservative party.  Not concerned with social issues, government intervention in business failures, but the nation, the nations security, the national growth strategy and peoples best interests

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

How bad do you have to be to lose support during a pandemic? Andrew Scheer bad apparently: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-polls-covid19-1.5548237

He's the only politician managing to lose support :lol: 

You have to wonder if maybe the CPC will not listen to the  AB base anymore in picking leaders. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

How bad do you have to be to lose support during a pandemic? Andrew Scheer bad apparently: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservatives-polls-covid19-1.5548237

You have to wonder if maybe the CPC will not listen to the  AB base anymore in picking leaders. 

More like Quebec dairy farmers picked him.

Anyway the cpc isn't doing good. Today we learned Rempel has been in Oklahoma this whole time.:picard:

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Anyway the cpc isn't doing good. Today we learned Rempel has been in Oklahoma this whole time.:picard:

I read that.  I cannot believe she was calling out May and the Libs for wanting to do virtual meetings or ensure that the house was perfectly safe before coming back to work, but was doing it all from Oklahoma the entire time locked in at her husbands amazing looking ranch.  I actually through she'd have made a smart leader for the party if she ran, but not anymore.  Can't look past that 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I read that.  I cannot believe she was calling out May and the Libs for wanting to do virtual meetings or ensure that the house was perfectly safe before coming back to work, but was doing it all from Oklahoma the entire time locked in at her husbands amazing looking ranch.  I actually through she'd have made a smart leader for the party if she ran, but not anymore.  Can't look past that 

Exactly feel the same. They downplay it because the border closed...give me a break as an MP you would know when the border was closing and even if you were late the Americans would have allowed her to leave.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

what the heck was your political girl friend doing down there :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

what the heck was your political girl friend doing down there :lol:

Cheating on me.:(

Seriously though I honestly felt like she was one of the few good ones left. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Cheating on me.:(

Seriously though I honestly felt like she was one of the few good ones left. 

image.png.e946e48dff166d593727ff73b1fe6b5f.png

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

There's one other that I can think of....

Spoiler

Goldberg: A theory on why Trump's GOP approval rating (the real ...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

But she's retired. 

not to me 

• Hydration 1

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Exactly feel the same. They downplay it because the border closed...give me a break as an MP you would know when the border was closing and even if you were late the Americans would have allowed her to leave.

Yup.  It's like the dozens of us politicians that all sold stock in January in important companies.  Pretending they didn't know what covid really was...

She's a special exception, she has access to private jets.  But she ripped on May and Trudeau over their travel and lockdown stances.

Can't look past it.  That party needs to rip itself to the ground and rebuild with new blood.  Same with the libs.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yup.  It's like the dozens of us politicians that all sold stock in January in important companies.  Pretending they didn't know what covid really was...

She's a special exception, she has access to private jets.  But she ripped on May and Trudeau over their travel and lockdown stances.

Can't look past it.  That party needs to rip itself to the ground and rebuild with new blood.  Same with the libs.

Or maybe the PPC and NDP take over. True right vs true left. 

Derek Sloan doubles down, after being advised to apologize to Teresa Tam:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/tory-mp-sloan-ducks-call-to-apologize-for-challenging-tams-loyalty/ar-BB13oae2?li=AAggXBV

Ontario Conservative MP Derek Sloan held to his leadership campaign slogan of being "Conservative without apology" and refused Wednesday to heed the demands of his fellow MPs to apologize for remarks questioning the loyalty of the country's chief public health officer. 

A motion had been put forward by other Conservative MPs from Ontario during a meeting Tuesday afternoon demanding he apologize or retract his comments. Otherwise, some of the very MPs he wants to lead were prepared to try and get him kicked out of caucus.

But just after the 6 p.m. eastern time deadline they'd set for him to apologize, Sloan issued a statement suggesting his remarks about Dr. Theresa Tam had been "deliberately" mischaracterized by the Liberals.

"I did not — and am not — questioning Dr. Tam's loyalty to Canada," he said.

Sloan drew national attention late last week when, in an email to supporters, he criticized Tam's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada, citing her work for and reliance upon data from the World Health Organization.

The WHO has come under scrutiny after it emerged that China, where the outbreak of the novel coronavirus began, potentially underreported the extent of illness in that country, in turn tainting the guidance the UN's health agency was providing to other countries.

Sloan asked whether Tam was working for "China or Canada." 

I love the little homage to Donald Trump...."You did not see and hear what you saw and heard".....:rolleyes:

It's too bad the Cons don't have the stones to kick this clown out of the caucus as they threatened.

Did Derek Sloan voice similiar concerns when the Cons nominated dual citizen Scheer as their party leader?  What are his comments towards that?

• Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Did Derek Sloan voice similiar concerns when the Cons nominated dual citizen Scheer as their party leader?  What are his comments towards that?

Sloan has no chance.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sloan has no chance.

Regardless, he's still a visible face of the party and that party is allowing him his rope without tying a noose behind it

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sloan has no chance.

I just don't understand it.

When he originally made the comment, I noted that he had to have known it was going to be seen as racist. Then instead of apologizing and saying that he worded it poorly, he doubles down...

It's like he's trying to appeal to a certain demographic, but I can't see that sort of strategy working in Canada....:unsure:

Edited by RUPERTKBD

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Regardless, he's still a visible face of the party and that party is allowing him his rope without tying a noose behind it

Hardly visible imo.

In fact they shouldn't kick him out, let freedom ring and watch him bury himself. 

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I just don't understand it.

When he originally made the comment, I noted that he had to have known it was going to be seen as racist. Then instead of apologizing and saying that he worded it poorly, he doubles down...

It's like he's trying to appeal to a certain demographic, but I can't see that sort of strategy working in Canada....:unsure:

I don't want to pick on religion but he is a 7 dayer..

Hippy called him visible which isn't the case imo but this is making him visible so he likely is doing it for political gain. However imo it will backfire and he will likely lose his own riding.