Canada needs strong leadership.....

image.jpg

de-adder-cartoon.jpg?quality=70&strip=al

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

image.jpg

I agree we do and I think our allies agree. 

kjZx5kG.jpg

Edited by Ryan Strome

45 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wonder what he is hiding......and in what basement locker.    :lol:

Looks like Canada will be voting against/for "Still Not Ready" versus "What's He Hiding".    While they fight each other, others are killing your economy:

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/the-plot-to-murder-canadas-resource-sector-is-one-script-hollywood-wont-touch

The plot to murder Canada’s resource sector is one script Hollywood won’t touch

I thought #ScheerWeakness was pretty creative :lol:

Honestly Rob  I don't think people in BC who are against AB oil care if opposition is funded by the US or not, they still don't want it. In fact they may be very happy about millions of US bucks trying to shut down something they hate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Interesting how Engage perfectly timed their expenses to skirt around election financing and registration laws.  Nothing suspicious at all, lol.  

And that's different than the CAPP paid ads how?

1 hour ago, TheAce said:

:picard:

And?

This is a talking point for a number of people.  But...that's all it is is a talking point from someone who speaks in two languages.  Many bi-lingual people stumble.  That's not a big deal.

but making this a larger issue than a guy who said he wouldn't walk in a pride parade but had no problem walking in a pro life rally, hugging a known white supremacist or hiring anti semites for his campaign team kinda shows where a persons priorities are.

Scheer is the lowest common denominator and now that we've found out and are finding out he is incapable of making campaign or policy decisions without speaking to Harper or Kenney it just shows that he is and always was a yes man.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trudeau-harper-scheer-canada-election-2019_ca_5cffb0fbe4b02c23d2d1b5cc

If you cannot act without needing help you're not a leader.

I'll bite my tongue and vote for the guy who doesn't need his hand held who has held a real job in the real world over a guy who claims to be part of the middle class but has never worked a real job and has made over $6 million in taxpayer money.  We've had enough liars without substance to vote in another one with even less experience than the one we have now

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And that's different than the CAPP paid ads how?

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

And?

This is a talking point for a number of people.  But...that's all it is is a talking point from someone who speaks in two languages.  Many bi-lingual people stumble.  That's not a big deal.

but making this a larger issue than a guy who said he wouldn't walk in a pride parade but had no problem walking in a pro life rally, hugging a known white supremacist or hiring anti semites for his campaign team kinda shows where a persons priorities are.

Scheer is the lowest common denominator and now that we've found out and are finding out he is incapable of making campaign or policy decisions without speaking to Harper or Kenney it just shows that he is and always was a yes man.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trudeau-harper-scheer-canada-election-2019_ca_5cffb0fbe4b02c23d2d1b5cc

If you cannot act without needing help you're not a leader.

I'll bite my tongue and vote for the guy who doesn't need his hand held who has held a real job in the real world over a guy who claims to be part of the middle class but has never worked a real job and has made over $6 million in taxpayer money.  We've had enough liars without substance to vote in another one with even less experience than the one we have now

Have you ever criticized Trudeau without saying but the conservatives did this? Isn't Scheer polling well in BC? I wouldn't call BCers the lowest common denominator.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Have you ever criticized Trudeau without saying but the conservatives did this? Isn't Scheer polling well in BC? I wouldn't call BCers the lowest common denominator.

We're talking about Scheer and why he is unelectable, stay on topic

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

image.jpg

Would he be our first PM with paint? 

keeping Scheer out of office should be relatively easy. Just put out adds of him recommending Canada bend over and take what ever the American government/Drumpf wanted  us to during the new NAFTA negotiations.

Scheer loses votes from anti Drumpers and  from folks that don't like other countries telling us what to do.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We're talking about Scheer and why he is unelectable, stay on topic

Gotcha. Haven't seen you for a while... I figured the axe came down.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Gotcha. Haven't seen you for a while... I figured the axe came down.

Again, stay on topic.

Stop talking about why Trudeau doesn't deserve to be PM.

Start trying to explain why Andy does.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would he be our first PM with paint? 

He is the first for a lot of things...he is  the first pm to violate the conflict of interest act for example.

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

keeping Scheer out of office should be relatively easy. Just put out adds of him recommending Canada bend over and take what ever the American government/Drumpf wanted  us to during the new NAFTA negotiations.

Scheer loses votes from anti Drumpers and  from folks that don't like other countries telling us what to do.

Ontario just called one of the longest absences from provincial legislature in provincial history.  Political experts have stated it is interesting how the return is almost a week to the day after the federal election, which coincidentally coincides with Fords taking office, his plummeting popularity and his ties to Scheer.  

I've stated a number of times.  Ontario/Quebec and parts of the west is all Trudeau needs for a minority government or even slim majority.  With Ford anchoring himself to Scheer and unable to simply keep quiet, Scheer effectively telling Quebec you'll do it or else, and BC feeling ever more alienated from the rest of the nation via the divide between Lower Mainland and Island vs the rest of the province and Kenneys threats.

It is entirely possible. He wins for the same reason his predecessor lost

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

He is the first for a lot of things...he is  the first pm to violate the conflict of interest act for example.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/01/25/news/baloney-meter-trudeaus-ethics-breach-first-canadian-history

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/baloney-meter-is-justin-trudeau-s-ethics-breach-a-first-in-canadian-history-1.3775004

The Trudeau case stands out as the only one in which a sitting prime minister was found to have violated a federal statute.

However, the issue of prime ministerial wrongdoing is not quite that simple, said Michael Atkinson, a professor with the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy and associate member of the department of political studies at the University of Saskatchewan.

"First, we haven’t had a federal ethics law for very long, so it is a bit misleading to invoke a standard that most prime ministers couldn’t breach if they wanted to. Second, breaking rules, whether laws or codes, is not the only standard for ethical evaluation."

The Conflict of Interest Act came into effect in 2006. It has applied only to Trudeau and his Conservative predecessor, Stephen Harper.

However, there are other examples of prime ministers being sanctioned for impropriety, facing serious accusations of wrongdoing or, at the very least, being called to explain their actions.

"We have had prime ministers whose dealings with private interests have proven exceedingly costly to their reputations and to the parties they led," Atkinson said. 

The verdict

Given the historical record, Scheer’s claim contains "a little baloney."

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again, stay on topic.

Stop talking about why Trudeau doesn't deserve to be PM.

Start trying to explain why Andy does.

Considering Scheer will scrap the carbon tax, pass tmx, not attack gun owners, and join a missile defense progam I would say he is more deserving.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I thought #ScheerWeakness was pretty creative :lol:

Honestly Rob  I don't think people in BC who are against AB oil care if opposition is funded by the US or not, they still don't want it. In fact they may be very happy about millions of US bucks trying to shut down something they hate. 

I would never vote PC as i care about others in my country.

#WeakAndy

#ScheerStupidity

#ScheerSucks

#ScheerlyYouJest

#ScheerlyYoureJoking

#ScheerAsMud

#ICantSeeScheerlyNow

#ScheerTerror

#AndyAintDandy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Considering Scheer will scrap the carbon tax, pass tmx, not attack gun owners, and join a missile defense progam I would say he is more deserving.

Not sure who to vote for  but i can not vote for a him.... sorry no chance.

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/01/25/news/baloney-meter-trudeaus-ethics-breach-first-canadian-history

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/baloney-meter-is-justin-trudeau-s-ethics-breach-a-first-in-canadian-history-1.3775004

The Trudeau case stands out as the only one in which a sitting prime minister was found to have violated a federal statute.

However, the issue of prime ministerial wrongdoing is not quite that simple, said Michael Atkinson, a professor with the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy and associate member of the department of political studies at the University of Saskatchewan.

"First, we haven’t had a federal ethics law for very long, so it is a bit misleading to invoke a standard that most prime ministers couldn’t breach if they wanted to. Second, breaking rules, whether laws or codes, is not the only standard for ethical evaluation."

The Conflict of Interest Act came into effect in 2006. It has applied only to Trudeau and his Conservative predecessor, Stephen Harper.

However, there are other examples of prime ministers being sanctioned for impropriety, facing serious accusations of wrongdoing or, at the very least, being called to explain their actions.

"We have had prime ministers whose dealings with private interests have proven exceedingly costly to their reputations and to the parties they led," Atkinson said. 

The verdict

Given the historical record, Scheer’s claim contains "a little baloney."

So between JT and Harper you agree JT is the corrupt one?

• Haha 1