Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

He is wholeheartedly against independence. 

Kenney attended Notre Dame at Wilcox. Cannot get more Western Canada than that. Kenney is pro Canada but he is on a short leash. If he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat his government will experience a Wexit backlash just as his CPC counterparts in the province. The CPC is dying in the West as it should. Their antics are laughable. Wexit is a mystery to me as their leadership, to date, is not talking enough. I know they are building a platform but what about grassroots input?  

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Kenney attended Notre Dame at Wilcox. Cannot get more Western Canada than that. Kenney is pro Canada but he is on a short leash. If he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat his government will experience a Wexit backlash just as his CPC counterparts in the province. The CPC is dying in the West as it should. Their antics are laughable. Wexit is a mystery to me as their leadership, to date, is not talking enough. I know they are building a platform but what about grassroots input?  

First imo I have nothing wrong with a short leash, governments should be held accountable. Given the things he has said against independence I can't see him back tracking on that or people believing him if he did change his tune. His push has been total autonomy but part of Canada and that is something I would support however he has received the panel's review and won't release it. Why? My opinion he knows Ottawa won't like the results and he is hoping money from Ottawa will come but it won't. 

During the campaign and prior he has talked the talk but since being elected we seen handshaking Trudeau, Freeland, Morneau, etc. We also seen half his victory speech in french. There is some things I have supported him on but my vote in the next election will likely go to the new merger party if they can pick a viable leader. @Jimmy McGill and myself figured Jean was a possible option but he recently endorsed MacKay so I don't see that happening. 

Playing ball with Trudeau doesn't work, he almost unanimously lost in court over the carbon tax meanwhile still appeals it all while Quebec is allowed a cap and trade. There is no fair shake for Alberta, our economy has been devastated by this pandemic, we will still contribute equalization, even worse we will get no help for an industry that is the main factor of equalization. If our oil companies were smart they would have a french name then the bailouts would be endless. 

What Kenney should do is hold a referendum if it's successful he can step aside and the UCP can still govern just like David Cameron did in Britain. 

• Hydration 2

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

First imo I have nothing wrong with a short leash, governments should be held accountable. Given the things he has said against independence I can't see him back tracking on that or people believing him if he did change his tune. His push has been total autonomy but part of Canada and that is something I would support however he has received the panel's review and won't release it. Why? My opinion he knows Ottawa won't like the results and he is hoping money from Ottawa will come but it won't. 

During the campaign and prior he has talked the talk but since being elected we seen handshaking Trudeau, Freeland, Morneau, etc. We also seen half his victory speech in french. There is some things I have supported him on but my vote in the next election will likely go to the new merger party if they can pick a viable leader. @Jimmy McGill and myself figured Jean was a possible option but he recently endorsed MacKay so I don't see that happening. 

Playing ball with Trudeau doesn't work, he almost unanimously lost in court over the carbon tax meanwhile still appeals it all while Quebec is allowed a cap and trade. There is no fair shake for Alberta, our economy has been devastated by this pandemic, we will still contribute equalization, even worse we will get no help for an industry that is the main factor of equalization. If our oil companies were smart they would have a french name then the bailouts would be endless. 

What Kenney should do is hold a referendum if it's successful he can step aside and the UCP can still govern just like David Cameron did in Britain. 

The situation for most Albertans goes from bad to worse. Anger is morphing into real fear of what tomorrow brings.  My family members are mostly on layoffs. 

• Hydration 2

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

:picard:

Just now, Warhippy said:

:picard:

This is such a stupid useless response at least give a response from what you would disagree with. I understand you are one hundred percent in the corner of Trudeau and don't like that comment but show me what you disagree with.

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Kenney has already thrown his hail mary, it was the 1.1 billion into the now dead KXL project. There's no rabbit coming.

Its a bit odd to me that having a good working relationship with the feds is seen as such a negative to you, as if yelling and screaming would get him anywhere? I see this as a big part of the cultural problem in AB, its all "fight" all the time with no real plan. 

As far as the carbon tax fight goes, Alberta will likely lose at the supreme court level, a provincial court decision is just a stepping stone. 

Kenney won't step aside. He cheated his way into the leadership, he's in there like a tick. AB independence will need a new leader and party to simply push the UCP out of the way. 

• Hydration 1

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Kenney has already thrown his hail mary, it was the 1.1 billion into the now dead KXL project. There's no rabbit coming.

Its a bit odd to me that having a good working relationship with the feds is seen as such a negative to you, as if yelling and screaming would get him anywhere? I see this as a big part of the cultural problem in AB, its all "fight" all the time with no real plan. 

As far as the carbon tax fight goes, Alberta will likely lose at the supreme court level, a provincial court decision is just a stepping stone. 

Kenney won't step aside. He cheated his way into the leadership, he's in there like a tick. AB independence will need a new leader and party to simply push the UCP out of the way. 

1) the project isn't dead.

2) working with jt will never work, he hates Alberta. 

3) I disagree on losing. Alberta has exclusive rights over it's resources. 

4) Agree on Kenney.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

1) the project isn't dead.

2) working with jt will never work, he hates Alberta. 

3) I disagree on losing. Alberta has exclusive rights over it's resources. 

4) Agree on Kenney.

1) OK 50% + chance of dead. 50% for Biden winning, "+" if it dies in state court.

2) Nah.

3) care to make a wager on that B)?

4) yeah he's taken his stand, it only works as long as enough ABs continue to believe in federalism. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

1) OK 50% + chance of dead. 50% for Biden winning, "+" if it dies in state court.

2) Nah.

3) care to make a wager on that B)?

4) yeah he's taken his stand, it only works as long as enough ABs continue to believe in federalism. 

1) Sure, I'm still owed money from the first case. At this point it can be paid in Beer. Alberta Genuine draft please.

2) And I'm not sure at this point if the majority support that.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

1) Sure, I'm still owed money from the first case. At this point it can be paid in Beer. Alberta Genuine draft please.

2) And I'm not sure at this point if the majority support that.

Did I lose a bet with you? what did I promise to do? 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

Did I lose a bet with you? what did I promise to do? 

No hippy did but he did say he would buy beers at the copper mug but when I was in Penticton the bars were closed.

• Hydration 1

BREAKING: CAF members in long-term care homes say they became whistleblowers after inaction by Trudeau government

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-caf-members-became-whistleblowers-after

Ford faces blowback after military report reveals 'horrific' conditions at Ontario long-term care homes

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-coronavirus-ontario-update-may-26-1.5584665

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

BREAKING: CAF members in long-term care homes say they became whistleblowers after inaction by Trudeau government

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-caf-members-became-whistleblowers-after

Ford faces blowback after military report reveals 'horrific' conditions at Ontario long-term care homes

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-coronavirus-ontario-update-may-26-1.5584665

Fake news. Trudeau could never do ANYthing wrong.

• Hydration 1

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I mean, if it's the government's fault than sure, blame Trudeau, but isn't there a chain of command in all of these factors? The easiest thing to do is blame the government when something goes wrong, but it also doesn't mean it's what actually happening.

Also, I'm not saying this specifically about Trudeau's government. This is the case with ANY government.

• Hydration 1

Who's decision was it to send the military in to the care homes in the first place?

Who's jurisdiction/responsibility are the Ont care homes? Fed or provincial.

By Fed...I mean obviously Trudeau's government as he is the only person that gets any blame or credit.

Harper is weird for demanding that ( Harper Gov) trend and now the actual detractors of the Feds are pumping JT up by constantly referring to it as Trudeau's gov.

Why give him so much power in the public eye if you don't like him?

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Who's decision was it to send the military in to the care homes in the first place?

Who's jurisdiction/responsibility are the Ont care homes? Fed or provincial.

By Fed...I mean obviously Trudeau's government as he is the only person that gets any blame or credit.

Harper is weird for demanding that ( Harper Gov) trend and now the actual detractors of the Feds are pumping JT up by constantly referring to it as Trudeau's gov.

Why give him so much power in the public eye if you don't like him?

Didn't Ontario and Quebec ask the government of Canada?

16 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I'm sure hip and destroyer will be here shortly to tell us it's Harpers fault or Kenney's fault. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Didn't Ontario and Quebec ask the government of Canada?

Are you answering my question or asking me one? 

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you answering my question or asking me one? 

Asking you. I think those two provinces asked. Provinces have to ask the feds for military assistance. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Asking you. I think those two provinces asked. Provinces have to ask the feds for military assistance. 

I dunno. However the feds sent in the military to help out. Good for the feds. The current Ont gov and the one before it are guilty of cutting measures regarding care homes. They are provincial jurisdiction.  As Ford has done lately he seems to be taking it on the chin and some having some accountability. 

The report submitted has a bit of lag potentially?

Seems the two posted articles are spinning it a bit different. The Post M suggests it was dated the 14th but then say 'submitted later that week'. the other article says CAF report dated 20th? did the feds get the info to the province in a timely fashion?