Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

Liberals win minority government

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

A pox on both parties, this crap is disgusting.

Put aside the politics and do the right thing for the people we send into harms way.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Par for the course.  Vets have been getting the short end of the stick for decades and decades.  An example from the US would be:

Quote

 

In July 1932, commanded by General Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six M1917 light tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of civil service employees left work to line the street and watch. The Bonus Marchers, believing the troops were marching in their honor, cheered the troops until Patton ordered the cavalry to charge them, which prompted the spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!".

Shacks that members of the Bonus Army erected on the Anacostia Flats burning after its confrontation with the army.

After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and tear gas (adamsite, an arsenical vomiting agent) entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers.

 

Neither Liberal or CON MPs get a pass, or have any right to complain about this issue.  As gurn posted, "A pox on both parties".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

One thing even the most ardent Trudeau supporter cannot help but criticize is how he and his government have treated the military AND remember this gem too:

Wow - how much you wanna bet PMO involved in this somehow

 

Twenty DND staff involved in writing a single 277-word letter about Postmedia article

Documents released under the Access to Information law show senior civilian and military officials became involved in writing a complaint to reporter David Pugliese's boss about a story on a drunken junket

williams222.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=7Former NHL player Dave 'Tiger' Williams, left, during an earlier 2010 military morale tour to Afghanistan with what appear to be beads stuck up his nose.thecarpetfrogs.com

June 11, 2019
6:56 PM EDT

Filed under
 

The leadership of the Canadian Forces and Department of National Defence have always been sensitive about media coverage of the taxpayer-funded “Party Flight.”

 

Readers might remember this drunken junket where VIPs invited by Chief of the Defence Staff Gen. Jon Vance partied away at public expense in late 2017. The result was a sexual assault charge laid against former NHL player Dave “Tiger” Williams (dropped in early May after an apology was made to the Canadian Forces flight attendant) and endless embarrassment for the Canadian Forces.

 

Taxpayers laid out $337,000 for this exclusive party.

 

An internal military report later determined that the VIPs, some already drunk, boarded the Canadian Forces aircraft with open alcohol and their on-board antics later put the entire flight at risk. The VIPs danced in aisles. A VIP was so drunk he urinated himself. The flight attendants had been harassed.

 

But it was only through documents released under the Access to Information law did it become clear just how sensitive the senior department and military leadership was about journalists like myself who were digging into this behind the scenes story about the party flight.

These documents show how one of my articles resulted in 20 individuals – from Deputy Minister Jody Thomas and Gen. Vance to the senior levels of the DND and Canadian Forces public affairs branch – becoming involved last year in writing a complaint letter to my boss about my reporting on this drunken junket.

The letter, signed by public affairs Brig.-Gen. Marc Theriault, claimed among other things that I erroneously reported the date that Tiger Williams was to appear in court. But like many of the statements from the military’s public affairs branch on the “party flight”, Theriault’s claim simply wasn’t true. The Ottawa Citizen had correctly reported the Williams court date since that specific date was provided to the newspaper by his lawyer. (And as often happens in the court system, Williams appearance was pushed off to another date.)

But what was more fascinating was the amount of work – and tax dollars – that went into the writing of the 277-word complaint letter that Vance’s office demanded be produced. The planning and execution was a true marvel of Canadian military ingenuity and bureaucracy.

The effort began shortly after 1 p.m. April 6, 2018 when Cmdr. Kris Phillips assigned Maj. Mark Peebles to begin writing the letter. Lt. Col. Jason Proulx, the public affairs advisor for the Chief of the Defence Staff Gen. Vance also joined the effort.

 

A Judge Advocate General staff member was brought in and although much of the information is censored from the documents, the effort grew to include Chris Henderson, the Assistant Deputy Minister of Public Affairs and Brig. Gen. Theriault.

 

The letter was crafted to highlight my alleged lack of professionalism and the specific article which DND claimed “led to an erroneous public perception of the military leadership’s handling of this matter (the Party Flight).”

 

By mid-afternoon that day, Philipps emailed Pebbles stating he was happy with the “tone” of the letter. At 3:50 p.m. Proulx asked for an update so he could pass the information along to Vance.

The letter was finalized and at 5:16 p.m. Henderson briefed Vance and Deputy Minister Jody Thomas on the progress, also informing then Brig. Gen. David Lowthian and Bill Matthews (then an assistant deputy minister at DND, now Deputy Minister over at Procurement Canada) and other senior bureaucrats such as JP Quinn, N Nye, G. Venner and I Neville.

henderson-letter-to-brass-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.29.00-am.png?w=590&h=331

Maj. Pebbles appeared to be beside himself with excitement as the letter finally came together.

“Give’er,” he wrote to Anna Nicolle, a DND official who handled social media accounts, signalling the order to publish the letter on-line.

give-er-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.56.16-am.png?w=590&h=142

Direction was also given to send the letter to the Editor of the Ottawa Citizen. Some DND sources claim there was a hope inside headquarters that I would be removed from reporting on the Party Flight or at least told by my bosses to stop probing around on the junket.

 

Other social media advisors for the DND/Canadian Forces, such as Angela Kelly, had also become involved. Anna Nicolle eagerly came up with various recommendations to “increase the reach” of the complaint letter, including posting links on the Ottawa Citizen Twitter page and posting the letter on Facebook. She passed her comments to her Chain of Command and they were in agreement. Cory Hunter, a “strategic communications advisor” for DND was consulted.

 

The letter was published on the official Canadian Forces Facebook page and, while it didn’t gain a lot of attention, it didn’t take long for the on-line trolls to weigh in. One individual posted that I was a “snivelling weasel” and a “joke.”

 

While such insults are standard fare on social media accounts it was interesting to say the least to see that it was approved for publication on an official Government of Canada site (the site is monitored by a team of 5-7 public servants at DND who obviously didn’t see anything wrong with those comments).

 

What was more concerning, however, was that the same individual who wrote those comments had previously – while serving in the Canadian Forces – threatened to come to the Ottawa Citizen office and do me harm.

 

I thought I had shaken this unstable person but now he was back. But that was my problem to solve.

 

Inside, the senior defence leadership were high-fiving over a job well done.

 

Deputy Minister Jody Thomas was particularly happy with the letter and the results.

 

“Well done,” she wrote to Henderson, Vance and the other senior staff on the email chain.

well-done-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.37.28-am.png?w=590&h=207

For me, however, the publication of the letter signaled that there might be more to the Party Flight story. I couldn’t figure out, for instance, why the Canadian Forces would falsely claim my reporting on the Tiger Williams court date was wrong when it obviously wasn’t. Brig.-Gen. Theriault’s letter – to me – seemed to indicate a worry inside National Defence HQ that maybe I would find out more.

 

So the digging continued. Eventually I compiled the true cost of the VIP flight. It wasn’t the $15,000 that Chris Henderson and his public affairs staff originally claimed. Instead, taxpayers had laid out $337,000 for this drunken junket. Questions were raised why the flight attendants had to go home early on a commercial flight when Tiger Williams continued on the morale tour and got to travel back to Canada on the RCAF VIP aircraft?

 

Sources had told me that one of the VIPs was so drunk he urinated himself, forcing the flight attendants to have to clean up the mess. This was later confirmed in court.

 

There were also questions about why Deputy Minister Thomas had done nothing to rein in the out-of-control expenditure of tax dollars.

Retired military personnel continued to contact Postmedia/the Ottawa Citizen to contradict Vance’s claim that the party flight was a one-off incident. I wrote additional articles about other drunken VIP excursions coordinated by the offices of previous defence chiefs. Again, taxpayers had picked up the extensive costs on those trips as well. An email arrived with links to a video made of the festivities on the flight, showing Vance’s VIPs dancing in the aisles as the RCAF plane was airborne.

 

An internal military investigation as well as the flight attendant’s impact statement released to the court would later confirm the accuracy of my reporting on the Party Flight.

 

In the end I learned a number of valuable lessons. I learned that the reaction from an organization can indicate there is more to a story. In other words, if there is smoke, there is fire. It was also interesting to see how far the Canadian Forces and the DND would go in trying to deal with a pesky journalist.

 

Some friends inside National Defence headquarters have warned me that such a reaction is a template for the future in how the Canadian Forces/DND will deal with journalists who are probing too deeply how tax dollars are spent.

 

That – in my opinion – is a template guaranteed to fail.

jody-thomas-screen-shot-2019-06-09-at-5.16.50-pm.png?w=369&h=373

DND deputy minister Jody Thomas (photo courtesy Government of Canada)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Warhippy said:

And?

 

This is a talking point for a number of people.  But...that's all it is is a talking point from someone who speaks in two languages.  Many bi-lingual people stumble.  That's not a big deal.

 

but making this a larger issue than a guy who said he wouldn't walk in a pride parade but had no problem walking in a pro life rally, hugging a known white supremacist or hiring anti semites for his campaign team kinda shows where a persons priorities are.

 

Scheer is the lowest common denominator and now that we've found out and are finding out he is incapable of making campaign or policy decisions without speaking to Harper or Kenney it just shows that he is and always was a yes man.

 

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trudeau-harper-scheer-canada-election-2019_ca_5cffb0fbe4b02c23d2d1b5cc

 

If you cannot act without needing help you're not a leader.

 

I'll bite my tongue and vote for the guy who doesn't need his hand held who has held a real job in the real world over a guy who claims to be part of the middle class but has never worked a real job and has made over $6 million in taxpayer money.  We've had enough liars without substance to vote in another one with even less experience than the one we have now

 So i post a video of Justin making a fool of himself for the umpteen time and you come back with " but but but Scheer ! "  and then to top it off you then tell Strome that he needs to stay on topic ?   If you want to debate Scheer, sure no problem but im pretty upfront that there are things i dont like about him and he has done some questionable things. I didnt think he was the right choice for leadership and actually was hoping Rona Ambrose would have stuck around . Even though i lean right I have no problem being honest about the individual or the party policies, I dont understand why people on the left will blindly defend there politicians no matter what ?

 

As far as the video goes, its just another example of why Justin is a terrible leader. He is constantly embarrassing himself in public and has been far from being a leader. People in his own party have complained about him or quit, he has been called out for being a fake feminist,  he has looked weak on the international stage and has lied just as much as Scheer has ( changing the voting format, balancing the budget, not fighting vets, etc ) . All of our PM's are biligual, have you ever seen someone look as silly as Trudeau when he speaks or tries answering questions ?  This guy is supposed to be the representing figure of Canada

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheAce said:

 So i post a video of Justin making a fool of himself for the umpteen time and you come back with " but but but Scheer ! "  and then to top it off you then tell Strome that he needs to stay on topic ?   If you want to debate Scheer, sure no problem but im pretty upfront that there are things i dont like about him and he has done some questionable things. I didnt think he was the right choice for leadership and actually was hoping Rona Ambrose would have stuck around . Even though i lean right I have no problem being honest about the individual or the party policies, I dont understand why people on the left will blindly defend there politicians no matter what ?

 

As far as the video goes, its just another example of why Justin is a terrible leader. He is constantly embarrassing himself in public and has been far from being a leader. People in his own party have complained about him or quit, he has been called out for being a fake feminist,  he has looked weak on the international stage and has lied just as much as Scheer has ( changing the voting format, balancing the budget, not fighting vets, etc ) . All of our PM's are biligual, have you ever seen someone look as silly as Trudeau when he speaks or tries answering questions ?  This guy is supposed to be the representing figure of Canada

NO, Trudeau is the current leader.  But we know what he is.  We need to see leadership from Scheer,

 

But But But...why does he deserve to be leader?

 

Answer it.

 

A video of someone stumbling over a question is a big fat nothing burger.  Actions are important.  As for "someone looking silly" yes I have.  A former PM had so much trouble moving from french to english, he carefully scripted questions and only allowed 5-7 questions to be asked of him to ensure he didn't make mistakes.  He even had so much of an issue that he allowed a purely french speaking MP to answer for him in the house of commons.

 

So, why does Scheer deserve to lead.  Really simple question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 6:26 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

One thing even the most ardent Trudeau supporter cannot help but criticize is how he and his government have treated the military AND remember this gem too:

Wow - how much you wanna bet PMO involved in this somehow

 

Twenty DND staff involved in writing a single 277-word letter about Postmedia article

Documents released under the Access to Information law show senior civilian and military officials became involved in writing a complaint to reporter David Pugliese's boss about a story on a drunken junket

williams222.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=7Former NHL player Dave 'Tiger' Williams, left, during an earlier 2010 military morale tour to Afghanistan with what appear to be beads stuck up his nose.thecarpetfrogs.com

June 11, 2019
6:56 PM EDT

Filed under
 

The leadership of the Canadian Forces and Department of National Defence have always been sensitive about media coverage of the taxpayer-funded “Party Flight.”

 

Readers might remember this drunken junket where VIPs invited by Chief of the Defence Staff Gen. Jon Vance partied away at public expense in late 2017. The result was a sexual assault charge laid against former NHL player Dave “Tiger” Williams (dropped in early May after an apology was made to the Canadian Forces flight attendant) and endless embarrassment for the Canadian Forces.

 

Taxpayers laid out $337,000 for this exclusive party.

 

An internal military report later determined that the VIPs, some already drunk, boarded the Canadian Forces aircraft with open alcohol and their on-board antics later put the entire flight at risk. The VIPs danced in aisles. A VIP was so drunk he urinated himself. The flight attendants had been harassed.

 

But it was only through documents released under the Access to Information law did it become clear just how sensitive the senior department and military leadership was about journalists like myself who were digging into this behind the scenes story about the party flight.

These documents show how one of my articles resulted in 20 individuals – from Deputy Minister Jody Thomas and Gen. Vance to the senior levels of the DND and Canadian Forces public affairs branch – becoming involved last year in writing a complaint letter to my boss about my reporting on this drunken junket.

The letter, signed by public affairs Brig.-Gen. Marc Theriault, claimed among other things that I erroneously reported the date that Tiger Williams was to appear in court. But like many of the statements from the military’s public affairs branch on the “party flight”, Theriault’s claim simply wasn’t true. The Ottawa Citizen had correctly reported the Williams court date since that specific date was provided to the newspaper by his lawyer. (And as often happens in the court system, Williams appearance was pushed off to another date.)

But what was more fascinating was the amount of work – and tax dollars – that went into the writing of the 277-word complaint letter that Vance’s office demanded be produced. The planning and execution was a true marvel of Canadian military ingenuity and bureaucracy.

The effort began shortly after 1 p.m. April 6, 2018 when Cmdr. Kris Phillips assigned Maj. Mark Peebles to begin writing the letter. Lt. Col. Jason Proulx, the public affairs advisor for the Chief of the Defence Staff Gen. Vance also joined the effort.

 

A Judge Advocate General staff member was brought in and although much of the information is censored from the documents, the effort grew to include Chris Henderson, the Assistant Deputy Minister of Public Affairs and Brig. Gen. Theriault.

 

The letter was crafted to highlight my alleged lack of professionalism and the specific article which DND claimed “led to an erroneous public perception of the military leadership’s handling of this matter (the Party Flight).”

 

By mid-afternoon that day, Philipps emailed Pebbles stating he was happy with the “tone” of the letter. At 3:50 p.m. Proulx asked for an update so he could pass the information along to Vance.

The letter was finalized and at 5:16 p.m. Henderson briefed Vance and Deputy Minister Jody Thomas on the progress, also informing then Brig. Gen. David Lowthian and Bill Matthews (then an assistant deputy minister at DND, now Deputy Minister over at Procurement Canada) and other senior bureaucrats such as JP Quinn, N Nye, G. Venner and I Neville.

henderson-letter-to-brass-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.29.00-am.png?w=590&h=331

Maj. Pebbles appeared to be beside himself with excitement as the letter finally came together.

“Give’er,” he wrote to Anna Nicolle, a DND official who handled social media accounts, signalling the order to publish the letter on-line.

give-er-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.56.16-am.png?w=590&h=142

Direction was also given to send the letter to the Editor of the Ottawa Citizen. Some DND sources claim there was a hope inside headquarters that I would be removed from reporting on the Party Flight or at least told by my bosses to stop probing around on the junket.

 

Other social media advisors for the DND/Canadian Forces, such as Angela Kelly, had also become involved. Anna Nicolle eagerly came up with various recommendations to “increase the reach” of the complaint letter, including posting links on the Ottawa Citizen Twitter page and posting the letter on Facebook. She passed her comments to her Chain of Command and they were in agreement. Cory Hunter, a “strategic communications advisor” for DND was consulted.

 

The letter was published on the official Canadian Forces Facebook page and, while it didn’t gain a lot of attention, it didn’t take long for the on-line trolls to weigh in. One individual posted that I was a “snivelling weasel” and a “joke.”

 

While such insults are standard fare on social media accounts it was interesting to say the least to see that it was approved for publication on an official Government of Canada site (the site is monitored by a team of 5-7 public servants at DND who obviously didn’t see anything wrong with those comments).

 

What was more concerning, however, was that the same individual who wrote those comments had previously – while serving in the Canadian Forces – threatened to come to the Ottawa Citizen office and do me harm.

 

I thought I had shaken this unstable person but now he was back. But that was my problem to solve.

 

Inside, the senior defence leadership were high-fiving over a job well done.

 

Deputy Minister Jody Thomas was particularly happy with the letter and the results.

 

“Well done,” she wrote to Henderson, Vance and the other senior staff on the email chain.

well-done-screen-shot-2019-01-23-at-10.37.28-am.png?w=590&h=207

For me, however, the publication of the letter signaled that there might be more to the Party Flight story. I couldn’t figure out, for instance, why the Canadian Forces would falsely claim my reporting on the Tiger Williams court date was wrong when it obviously wasn’t. Brig.-Gen. Theriault’s letter – to me – seemed to indicate a worry inside National Defence HQ that maybe I would find out more.

 

So the digging continued. Eventually I compiled the true cost of the VIP flight. It wasn’t the $15,000 that Chris Henderson and his public affairs staff originally claimed. Instead, taxpayers had laid out $337,000 for this drunken junket. Questions were raised why the flight attendants had to go home early on a commercial flight when Tiger Williams continued on the morale tour and got to travel back to Canada on the RCAF VIP aircraft?

 

Sources had told me that one of the VIPs was so drunk he urinated himself, forcing the flight attendants to have to clean up the mess. This was later confirmed in court.

 

There were also questions about why Deputy Minister Thomas had done nothing to rein in the out-of-control expenditure of tax dollars.

Retired military personnel continued to contact Postmedia/the Ottawa Citizen to contradict Vance’s claim that the party flight was a one-off incident. I wrote additional articles about other drunken VIP excursions coordinated by the offices of previous defence chiefs. Again, taxpayers had picked up the extensive costs on those trips as well. An email arrived with links to a video made of the festivities on the flight, showing Vance’s VIPs dancing in the aisles as the RCAF plane was airborne.

 

An internal military investigation as well as the flight attendant’s impact statement released to the court would later confirm the accuracy of my reporting on the Party Flight.

 

In the end I learned a number of valuable lessons. I learned that the reaction from an organization can indicate there is more to a story. In other words, if there is smoke, there is fire. It was also interesting to see how far the Canadian Forces and the DND would go in trying to deal with a pesky journalist.

 

Some friends inside National Defence headquarters have warned me that such a reaction is a template for the future in how the Canadian Forces/DND will deal with journalists who are probing too deeply how tax dollars are spent.

 

That – in my opinion – is a template guaranteed to fail.

jody-thomas-screen-shot-2019-06-09-at-5.16.50-pm.png?w=369&h=373

DND deputy minister Jody Thomas (photo courtesy Government of Canada)

 

It sure sounds like the leaders of our military are spineless cowards, who add selfishness too.  Get rid of the lot, and put proper, honest, and worthy people into those leadership positions.  Military people are true heroes, and deserve to have only the best support, including their commanders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, Warhippy said:

Absoultely useless to try to do anything at this time when election is coming up, no party would agree about anything, basically waste tax payers money to fly MPs back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russ said:

Absoultely useless to try to do anything at this time when election is coming up, no party would agree about anything, basically waste tax payers money to fly MPs back and forth.

Actually they reversed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually they reversed that.

Oh really I didn't realize that.  Still useless to even have stuff come up at this time of the term, each party will crap on each other then all promise the same thing when they start trying to get votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Russ said:

Oh really I didn't realize that.  Still useless to even have stuff come up at this time of the term, each party will crap on each other then all promise the same thing when they start trying to get votes.

In that instance it was not the parties at issue, but a small number of conservative senators causing the issue.  It passed though and that is a great thing

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the NDP are up to their usual federal election platform - make promises that the provinces have to keep :lol: 

 

All of their major "ideas" require others to roll out. I guess why not? Good luck defending it, Jagmeet. 

Jagmeet Singh rolls out promise-heavy NDP platform for fall federal election

 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-jagmeet-singh-rolls-out-promise-heavy-ndp-platform-for-fall-federal/

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So the NDP are up to their usual federal election platform - make promises that the provinces have to keep :lol: 

 

All of their major "ideas" require others to roll out. I guess why not? Good luck defending it, Jagmeet. 

Jagmeet Singh rolls out promise-heavy NDP platform for fall federal election

 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-jagmeet-singh-rolls-out-promise-heavy-ndp-platform-for-fall-federal/

He is unelectable.  Entirely.  He will be the death of the NDP party at the federal level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He is unelectable.  Entirely.  He will be the death of the NDP party at the federal level

yup. But I think by this time next year Wilson-Raybould will be the new NDP leader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup. But I think by this time next year Wilson-Raybould will be the new NDP leader. 

Her integrity is already compromised though so she also would be unelectable.  The NDP supporters wouldn't trust her nor would the Liberal ones and the Conservative supporters would just laugh

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quebec always trying to pull some interesting stuff... would Jagmeet have to take his turban off if he goes to Quebec and this Bill 21 passes ?  Or maybe just affects provincial public servants going forward.. didn't think it deserved it's own thread 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48588604 

 

Quote

For a decade, Quebec has been debating the issues of state secularism and reasonable accommodation in the Canadian province. Now it has just passed a new law that bars civil servants in positions of "authority" from wearing religious symbols at work.

Bill 21 prevents judges, police officers, teachers and public servants holding some other positions from wearing symbols such as the kippah, turban, or hijab while at work.

Quote

David Rand, a staunch secularist and atheist, calls Bill 21 "a perfectly reasonable restriction" similar to those already in place for public servants when it comes to showing partisan political preference while at work.
"I would not wear a T-shirt that says 'God does not exist' if I went to work in the public service and I expect the same savoir vivre of a woman who wears a hijab or a man who wears a kippah, that they would remove it if they go to work in the public service."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 7:13 PM, Warhippy said:

NO, Trudeau is the current leader.  But we know what he is.  We need to see leadership from Scheer,

 

 

 

So, why does Scheer deserve to lead.  Really simple question

THIS is an excellent question and one I feel you will not have a good answer for before the election.   JT is a train-wreck but he is a train-wreck you understand.   I actually think tomorrow's decision on the Trans Mountain Pipeline will be the straw for the camel either way.   How both JT and Scheer respond to whatever announcement is made will tell more about these two as leaders than most any other item/issue as over time, Canadian elections are about the economy and no one issue has polarized Canadians more than pipelines.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apropos of nothing, but I noticed that JT got a pretty warm reception at the Raptors victory bash today...

 

...luckily for him, the Raps aren't based in Calgary....B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Apropos of nothing, but I noticed that JT got a pretty warm reception at the Raptors victory bash today...

 

 

Do you mean when the shot was fired?   :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.