The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is Jason Garrison?

Nuke

4 minutes ago, Nuke said:

My team in sweden SHL has signed Jason Garrison, former NHL defenseman. He played for Canucks some time too. Can anyone tell me what kind of player this is? Will he do well in SHL? 

He is a professional impersonator..  

.. think “Borat”. 

5 minutes ago, Nuke said:

My team in sweden SHL has signed Jason Garrison, former NHL defenseman. He played for Canucks some time too. Can anyone tell me what kind of player this is? Will he do well in SHL? 

He's 6'2" 220 lbs. but doesn't really use his size. Defensively, he's pretty slow. He was known primarily for having a very hard slapshot. He was most recently waived by the Chicago Blackhawks after being traded from the Edmonton Oilers.

7 minutes ago, Nuke said:

On a more serious note he might be ok on the bigger ice surface,. Apararently has a great slap shot,. that we never saw, . Maybe I blinked or something?

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's 6'2" 220 lbs. but doesn't really use his size. Defensively, he's pretty slow. He was known primarily for having a very hard slapshot. He was most recently waived by the Chicago Blackhawks after being traded from the Edmonton Oilers.

which is a tad erratic

keep your forwards well protected

and wary of getting in the way of his missiles

56 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

On a more serious note he might be ok on the bigger ice surface,. Apararently has a great slap shot,. that we never saw, . Maybe I blinked or something?

Nah, it’s because your eyes as squinting so much (re: Eastwood avatar) you can’t see properly.:P

OT - reminds me of the rather odd album title Pete Townshend had “All the best cowboys have Chinese eyes”.:blink:

11 minutes ago, Jaku said:

He once had a good season because of Brian Campbell and Vancouver gave him a ridiculous contract because of it. He's slow and doesn't use his size well. 

Campbell seemed to make another guy look pretty good ( who’s currently on the Canucks roster).  Perhaps he should’ve been the guy we went after then.  Ridiculous contract?  What do you expect free agent #4 to get?  (He was a number 4 then and yes, having a fluke year in goal scoring inflates your value..look at trash Schaller for an example).  Bolts still got at least one good year out of him (as a #4) when we dealt him.

34 minutes ago, Jaku said:

He once had a good season because of Brian Campbell and Vancouver gave him a ridiculous contract because of it. He's slow and doesn't use his size well. 

23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Campbell seemed to make another guy look pretty good ( who’s currently on the Canucks roster).  Perhaps he should’ve been the guy we went after then.  Ridiculous contract?  What do you expect free agent #4 to get?  (He was a number 4 then and yes, having a fluke year in goal scoring inflates your value..look at trash Schaller for an example).  Bolts still got at least one good year out of him (as a #4) when we dealt him.

Interesting that you both mention Brian Campbell that I never thought of until now. Quinn Hughes seems to play a similar game and both guys are 5'10, so if Hughes can bulk up about 20 lbs, they may be similar players. And in turn help elevate Gudbranson's game assuming they are paired while he adds a heavy side for that pairing.

Archived