The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Adam Gaudette from the Utica Comets.

Gaudette, 22, has split the season between Vancouver and Utica this season. The Braintree, MA native has registered six points (2-4-6) and 10 penalty minutes in 31 games with Vancouver. He registered his first career NHL goal on Nov. 24 at LA. The 6-1, 183-pound forward has also accumulated seven points (4-3-7) in seven games with the Comets. He set an AHL career-high in goals (2) and tied a career-high in points (3) on Jan. 5 to help the Comets defeat Cleveland 6-2 on Jan. 5.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-recall-gaudette/c-303687040

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

It was nice to see him find his offensive touch.  Could have developed his overall game there - PP / PK / Leadership etc.  We know he can play but let him develop for a bit.  Hope he gets to go back for a while.

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Does this mean Pettersson had a setback? Or is someone else hurt?

That was my question too. Why bring him up? Pettersson will miss a game or two, maybe three. But I thought Granlund would fill in at C?

Or, is someone getting traded? ;)

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

That was my question too. Why bring him up? Pettersson will miss a game or two, maybe three. But I thought Granlund would fill in at C?

Pettersson is likely being put on IR retroactive to January 3rd when he got hurt. You need to be unable to play for a minimum of 7 days once you're on IR and EP will pass that, so this allows Gaudette to be called up to gain more NHL experience whether he gets into the lineup or not (maybe they prefer Gaudette at center instead of Granlund). Business as usual it seems.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

They had an extra spot open at F.  Leivo is on IR and is probably not ready to go for Thursday.

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Bo - Sutter - Granlund - Beagle is more than good enough for the interim.

What necessitated removing Gaudette from an environment he was thriving in? The Comets were on a solid roll as well.

and he'll probably play about 6-7 min if he gets in the lineup.

4 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Bo - Sutter - Granlund - Beagle is more than good enough for the interim.

What necessitated removing Gaudette from an environment he was thriving in? The Comets were on a solid roll as well.

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

Just now, theo5789 said:

Perhaps an opportunity to see Gaudette in a top 6 offensive role (sheltered)? Gaudette is producing numbers in Utica in this position, so maybe with Petey out, we can have a brief look.

I think it's this!

Archived