The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, mll said:

Likely Leivo.  They are at 23 players and will need to move someone to activate him off IR.

Whoever comes back first will see him be sent down which is why whatever look they want to give Gaudette will be short-lived and worth a shot after a 5-0 loss.

This is only Sutters 2nd or 3rd game coming back off a injury,

so lets not go trade rumors or pressure the team into playing hurt players more than it's wise to do.

E.P. is a franchise player, so a bit of extra time to be certain he is 100% is best for him and the team and the fans who love this game because of it's skill factor,

because Elias "oozes" skill.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I sense that Sutter has fallen out with the fans lately. I feel the same way, after his "meh" comments regarding Pettersson's injury. I was a big fan of Sutter's, and I still think he's a good player, but it's unfortunate that he reacted the way he did. Next year should be a bit different. Pettersson and Horvat will C the top two lines. And then I think Gaudette gets the 3rd line and then Beagle on the 4th? (Madden might get up by the 2020/21 season) Bye Sutter.  

Falling out with the fans will have no bearing on how the team handles their players. Gaudette will have to demonstrate that he can take over Sutter's role before Sutter is moved and that remains to be seen.

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Practice lines?

Either way, the W's can flip.

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen (sheltered as you noted/possibly swapping Goldy/Baer as per MLL)

Granlund, Beagle, Motte

Gaudette will probably not play all that much - he didn't even average 8 min in the games leading to his demotion and had a couple at only 6minutes.  So to avoid disrupting the lines too much and playing that little doesn't allow his wingers to really get into the game, especially skilled guys - I'd go more towards ice time to define the lines.  

Goldobin Horvat Boeser

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Eriksson Gaudette Motte

Roussel Beagle Granlund

11 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Pettersson get a second opinion in Van and the injury is much worse than expected? Potential surgery? 

Food for thought. 

2 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think the question at this point is, does he play another game this season? 

headless-chickens.jpg.2fc1b97ebb415df3915ff1d52e43bac2.jpg

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Falling out with the fans will have no bearing on how the team handles their players. Gaudette will have to demonstrate that he can take over Sutter's role before Sutter is moved and that remains to be seen.

Hmmm...whatever happened to foundational player and “one of the best shutdown third line centres in the league “?   I’ve been suggesting Benning trade Sutter if we can add some picks or fix get a great RHD prospect all year IF AG can fill that spot.  That’s remains to be seen but he’s definitely making a case for it.

10 minutes ago, mll said:

Gaudette will probably not play all that much - he didn't even average 8 min in the games leading to his demotion and had a couple at only 6minutes.  So to avoid disrupting the lines too much and playing that little doesn't allow his wingers to really get into the game, especially skilled guys - I'd go more towards ice time to define the lines.  

Goldobin Horvat Boeser

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Eriksson Gaudette Motte

Roussel Beagle Granlund

Yes, putting Gaudette on the 3rd line like you have will surely spell out less minutes compared to my lineup with him on the... third... line.

Just now, IBatch said:

Hmmm...whatever happened to foundational player and “one of the best shutdown third line centres in the league “?   I’ve been suggesting Benning trade Sutter if we can add some picks or fix get a great RHD prospect all year IF AG can fill that spot.  That’s remains to be seen but he’s definitely making a case for it.

How so?  He averaged less than 7:45 in the handful of games leading to his demotion.  Sutter is already playing 19minutes.

23 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Pettersson get a second opinion in Van and the injury is much worse than expected? Potential surgery? 

Food for thought. 

How do you get a second opinion on an MRI? It's a minor sprain not really hard to detect.

14 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think the question at this point is, does he play another game this season? 

Yes. Question answered.

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yes, putting Gaudette on the 3rd line like you have will surely spell out less minutes compared to my lineup with him on the... third... line.

The Sedins admitted that playing 13min was just too little and it made it extremely hard to get into the game.  Gaudette doesn't even play 8minutes.  If you put Goldobin or Baertschi with him - they are lost for the game and are better off sitting out.  Gaudette needs to play with guys for whom ice time matters less.  Motte is a grinder and is less affected by ice time vs a skilled guy that needs to feel the puck and get regular shifts to get into the game.  Eriksson played 10 min vs Toronto.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Has nothing to do with EP. He's out anyways. So why not put him in IR and use that roster spot to bring AG back up and add some speed to the team. 

Schaller will likely sit out next game. 

There it is

1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

This is what I’m wondering...EP40 out longer than expected, someone else hurt or is there another trade coming?  Please don’t be EP

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Pettersson is likely being put on IR retroactive to January 3rd when he got hurt. You need to be unable to play for a minimum of 7 days once you're on IR and EP will pass that, so this allows Gaudette to be called up to gain more NHL experience whether he gets into the lineup or not (maybe they prefer Gaudette at center instead of Granlund). Business as usual it seems.

I was a bit surprised to see the short horizon suggested for recovery when the MCL injury was first mentioned. This is what Health Link BC says about recovery time for MCL injuries:

Your treatment will depend on how severe your injury is.

• Mild or grade 1 injuries usually get better in 1 to 3 weeks and may only need home treatment along with using crutches for a short time.
  • Moderate or grade 2 injuries usually get better in about a month. You may need to wear a hinged knee brace and limit how much weight you put on your leg.
  • Severe or grade 3 injuries may require wearing a hinged brace for a few months, and limiting weight on the leg for 4 to 6 weeks

EP apparently has a mild or grade 1 MCL injury, He did not need crutches, which is a good sign. I would guess that he is wearing a knee brace but obviously I do not know. Assuming his injury is in the "mild" category, we are looking at 1 to 3 weeks. But I think the Canucks want to be on the safe side. So I would suggest that two weeks (starting January 2) is the minimum time he will be out. I don't think this is a setback. I just think that the original injury, even if mild, probably means being out for a couple of weeks. There is no reason to rush EP back. Even if he feels fine, healing is still going on and re-injury risks will be reduced if he takes his time coming back.

Archived