-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Noooooooooo

 

Canucks come to Toronto - EP is injured.

 

Comets come to Toronto - Gaudette recalled.

 

I cant catch a break! Still going to check out the game tomorrow anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Has nothing to do with EP. He's out anyways. So why not put him in IR and use that roster spot to bring AG back up and add some speed to the team. 

 

Schaller will likely sit out next game. 

Thank Gaud. 

 

4 hours ago, mll said:

The Sedins admitted that playing 13min was just too little and it made it extremely hard to get into the game.  Gaudette doesn't even play 8minutes.  If you put Goldobin or Baertschi with him - they are lost for the game and are better off sitting out.  Gaudette needs to play with guys for whom ice time matters less.  Motte is a grinder and is less affected by ice time vs a skilled guy that needs to feel the puck and get regular shifts to get into the game.  Eriksson played 10 min vs Toronto.

 

Maybe someone can give you Green's number so you let him know?

 

33 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Noooooooooo

 

Canucks come to Toronto - EP is injured.

 

Comets come to Toronto - Gaudette recalled.

 

I cant catch a break! Still going to check out the game tomorrow anyway. 

Brutal luck, indeed, but spoken like a true fan, so kudos, and rest assured that one day you will be rewarded and it will be glorious! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

That was my question too. Why bring him up? Pettersson will miss a game or two, maybe three. But I thought Granlund would fill in at C?

 

Or, is someone getting traded? ;)

 

Goldy and Pouliot for Cal Foote please..... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Pettersson is likely being put on IR retroactive to January 3rd when he got hurt. You need to be unable to play for a minimum of 7 days once you're on IR and EP will pass that, so this allows Gaudette to be called up to gain more NHL experience whether he gets into the lineup or not (maybe they prefer Gaudette at center instead of Granlund). Business as usual it seems.

man that is way too reasonable

sensible

professional

all that good stuff

 

i'd like to pitch the theory

that ag got used to getting paid nhl dollars

and let it be known that his pockets are less full lately

and it was necessary to put ep40 on ir so ag could be recalled

:wub:

Edited by coastal.view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

maybe goldy on the move..

Goldy sutter and granlund for? Makes a bottom team better maybe... shrugs..

 For a D Though and physical who can skate punch and score... or a 2nd line quality tough winger who can play 1st line in a pinch and just be average good enough but has to be tough.. well imo anyway.. i'm tired of cream puffs who get slaughtered in the playoffs 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think the question at this point is, does he play another game this season? 

well i mentioned in another thread

that he likely warrants knee replacement surgery

so yeah

he's gotta be out for the balance of the season then

:wub:

 

5 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

 

headless-chickens.jpg.2fc1b97ebb415df3915ff1d52e43bac2.jpg

the good doctor has spoken

to calm the masses

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

so what i'd really like to say about gaudette is this

 

when he was initially called up to the team

he was foundering a bit on the comets of the ahl

appeared to have trouble finding his footing

and really did not establish himself

but he did appear to be a credible call up anyway

given his performance in college last season

 

what we have learned about gaudette

is that even though he got fairly limited game minutes in the nhl

and had very modest production while here

is that green really liked him, worked hard at developing him, and saw it beneficial for ag to stay with the parent club

 

when gaudette was sent down

we could all see what green was seeing and telling us

gaudette killed it down there

was a different player, much more complete, much more productive

he really benefited from his time with the canucks

he developed

 

as a result, i think him being recalled is a good idea

he can continue his development here

and maybe in a couple of weeks or a month

we might see his development

transform into productive play at the nhl level

in my view he is the most improved canuck this season

 

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please let the plan be to dump Sutter for whatever we can get for him 

 

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is Sutter + Goldy + Pouliot the new Raymond + Ballard + 1st?

 

Lol.

:P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Does this mean Pettersson had a setback? Or is someone else hurt?

It means that Granny is no centre.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It means that Granny is no centre.

I think the skill guys would still prefer playing with Granlund over Gaudette.  Playing with Gaudette means irregular shifts and pretty much a lost night.  It's very difficult for skilled players to play that few minutes and get into the game.  Pominville was a veteran when he made that comment back in Minnesota.  He was explaining why he had lost his confidence - he wasn't complaining but just trying to explain that as a skilled player if you don't get touches with the puck it was hard for him to get involved.  Instead of making plays then all you are trying to do is not make mistakes and get off the ice so you don't generate anything anymore.  He's not the only one.  The Sedins were saying that some skilled guys were not getting enough minutes to get their game going.  Gaudette averaged under 7:45 in the handful of games before his demotion.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mll said:

The Sedins admitted that playing 13min was just too little and it made it extremely hard to get into the game.  Gaudette doesn't even play 8minutes.  If you put Goldobin or Baertschi with him - they are lost for the game and are better off sitting out.  Gaudette needs to play with guys for whom ice time matters less.  Motte is a grinder and is less affected by ice time vs a skilled guy that needs to feel the puck and get regular shifts to get into the game.  Eriksson played 10 min vs Toronto.

 

M you are on fire in this thread.

But have you noticed that Coach can't keep a line together for more than 2 shifts anyway?

While I agree Coach doesn't trust Gaudette, he doesn't trust Goldy either.

But he could line Gaudette up with Boeser and Baertschi but they wouldn't be playing together 10 mins later.

So it doesn't matter who he lines up with to start the game, Bo will take most of his shifts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I think it actually is the right time to move him. Beagle and Horvat are taking all of his defensive zone faceoffs. Lets move him for a pretty piece. :)

we just got TomPyatt... not Taylor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 11:04 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

 

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte/Schaller

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

 

On 1/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, aGENT said:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Roussel, Sutter, Eriksson

Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen (sheltered as you noted/possibly swapping Goldy/Baer as per MLL)

Granlund, Beagle, Motte

 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, mll said:

The Sedins admitted that playing 13min was just too little and it made it extremely hard to get into the game.  Gaudette doesn't even play 8minutes.  If you put Goldobin or Baertschi with him - they are lost for the game and are better off sitting out.  Gaudette needs to play with guys for whom ice time matters less.  Motte is a grinder and is less affected by ice time vs a skilled guy that needs to feel the puck and get regular shifts to get into the game.  Eriksson played 10 min vs Toronto.

 

Ahem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, coastal.view said:

so what i'd really like to say about gaudette is this

 

when he was initially called up to the team

he was foundering a bit on the comets of the ahl

appeared to have trouble finding his footing

and really did not establish himself

but he did appear to be a credible call up anyway

given his performance in college last season

 

what we have learned about gaudette

is that even though he got fairly limited game minutes in the nhl

and had very modest production while here

is that green really liked him, worked hard at developing him, and saw it beneficial for ag to stay with the parent club

 

when gaudette was sent down

we could all see what green was seeing and telling us

gaudette killed it down there

was a different player, much more complete, much more productive

he really benefited from his time with the canucks

he developed

 

as a result, i think him being recalled is a good idea

he can continue his development here

and maybe in a couple of weeks or a month

we might see his development

transform into productive play at the nhl level

in my view he is the most improved canuck this season

 

Pots a goal first game..  still as far as it goes he's here until Alien is back, nice to see adam getting nhl time even though short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Definitely played well, he is going to make the club fulltime next season.

Is Pettersson or Leivo getting activated off IR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, coastal.view said:

i'd like to pitch the theory

that ag got used to getting paid nhl dollars

and let it be known that his pockets are less full lately

and it was necessary to put ep40 on ir so ag could be recalled

I've seen, and heard worse theories. In fact I might have had worse theories myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.