Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Canucks recall Adam Gaudette

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Pettersson get a second opinion in Van and the injury is much worse than expected? Potential surgery? 

 

Food for thought. 

 

38 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

I think the question at this point is, does he play another game this season? 

 

9B6BE414-AE59-4F1F-AB16-20B9D9130538.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

  The kid is an Energizer Bunny.  He's got young legs, and plays fast.  Sutter looks slow to me.  Trade him.  

I think it actually is the right time to move him. Beagle and Horvat are taking all of his defensive zone faceoffs. Lets move him for a pretty piece. :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm guessing we're done with Granlund at C. 

I believe he's fallen out of favour for quite some time.

 

Granlund is sub 50 percent in faceoffs and can't be relied upon to win faceoffs that matter (i.e. defensive penalty kills). He's a "serviceable" player, but he is very clearly a placeholder, rather than a person that truly contributes.

 

Motte, at the very least, plays with a high motor, even if he doesn't win faceoffs much either.

 

Aside from Horvat, Gaudette won faceoffs too. Not even Pettersson has done well in the dot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

This is what I’m wondering...EP40 out longer than expected, someone else hurt or is there another trade coming?  Please don’t be EP

maybe goldy on the move..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mll said:

Goldobin Horvat Boeser

Baer Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Motte

Biega Beagle Granlund

Sit Eriksson a couple games ,

let Biega and Beagle cause some havoc

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm guessing we're done with Granlund at C. 

I thought we all agreed that Horvat was getting the C. ::D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for Brown to put Gaudon the slot while Granny whiffs on one-timers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these suggestions about our youth,does anyone remember how all those great young players in Edmonton turned out.Developing players to become NHL ready it a long process.

We all want the greatest team possible so patience is required,this is just the facts and most professional way to build a winner.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Borvat said:

It was nice to see him find his offensive touch.  Could have developed his overall game there - PP / PK / Leadership etc.  We know he can play but let him develop for a bit.  Hope he gets to go back for a while.

Or It was exactly what he needed to go and get his scoring confidence back after practicing his 200 ft game in the nhl which really didn't include focusing on scoring when that would come later as it is now and i bet he's 10x more dangerous when he starts playing more up here but can continue honing down there too... no big deal like you said, he was a great pick up and i see a lot of Horvat in him and if Bo gets injured then Gaudette can fill his shoes offensively and defensively but will take some more time but having Gaudette available to help make the 3rd line a good scoring line means some extra secondary scoring punch that every team could use, especially us until we get our D problems sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iceman64 said:

Or It was exactly what he needed to go and get his scoring confidence back after practicing his 200 ft game in the nhl which really didn't include focusing on scoring when that would come later as it is now and i bet he's 10x more dangerous when he starts playing more up here but can continue honing down there too... no big deal like you said, he was a great pick up and i see a lot of Horvat in him and if Bo gets injured then Gaudette can fill his shoes offensively and defensively but will take some more time but having Gaudette available to help make the 3rd line a good scoring line means some extra secondary scoring punch that every team could use, especially us until we get our D problems sorted out.

And hockey Gaud makes Sutter redundant.  Trade Sutter, and get us more picks this draft.  Get ‘er done JB.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I thought we all agreed that Horvat was getting the C. ::D

Yeah "last" year... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And hockey Gaud makes Sutter redundant.  Trade Sutter, and get us more picks this draft.  Get ‘er done JB.  

Actually i'd rather see him packaged with 1-2 others for a big fast tough Dman... whilst we wait for Tryamkin back we still could use more grit and skill, why not on D?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure why people want sutter out, he's been injured for how long, needs to shake the rust off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mll said:

How so?  He averaged less than 7:45 in the handful of games leading to his demotion.  Sutter is already playing 19minutes.

That’s not really the point with AG.  Yes he’s young and just getting his feet wet as an injury replacement, guys came back and he was first to go as no waivers required (plus he’d still be the guy to go...or maybe Schaller who so far is a disappointment), call it a demotion if you like but that’s not really what it is.  They wouldn’t be calling him back if they don’t think he can help win games, give him more minutes and I’d put money on him outproducing Sutter by next year, while also being a defensively responsible player.

 

Sutters peaked or past peaked and isn’t a major factor as part of the next core and should be traded for picks or prospects whenever the right deal is available (lots of interest last TDL, hopefully there will be again this one), third line centres are readily available in free agency it Benning feels AG needs more time in Utica (where he’s doing very well so far).  This is a good thing for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

not sure why people want sutter out, he's been injured for how long, needs to shake the rust off.

It’s more about what we can get for Sutter to boost the next core than anything,  he’s a good teammate and has value on the team no doubt,  AG might not be ready yet but he’s showing promise.  His face offs need work, which is an area of concern, but Its pretty normal for most guys to have issues with that when they come in.   Other than that  he’s doing just fine for a rookie playing limited minutes.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaudette back is good. Sutter traded would be gooder. 

Sutter is a self centered paycheck player. It's all about him not the team. 

Gaudette is all about doing everything for the team. Looking forward to the transition to Gaudette and away from Sutter.

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Falling out with the fans will have no bearing on how the team handles their players. Gaudette will have to demonstrate that he can take over Sutter's role before Sutter is moved and that remains to be seen.

Not necessarily on the second setence, agree with the first though.  All Gaudette needs to do is convince management that he can take over that role eventually, which he’s already close to doing, and I think they will pull the trigger if there is a deal available that makes sense, especially to add picks this year.  Beagle could play the third line and AG the fourth until he’s ready to take over in the short term.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not necessarily on the second setence, agree with the first though.  All Gaudette needs to do is convince management that he can take over that role eventually, which he’s already close to doing, and I think they will pull the trigger if there is a deal available that makes sense, especially to add picks this year.  Beagle could play the third line and AG the fourth until he’s ready to take over in the short term.  

Take over the role eventually means when exactly? I rather Gaudette play in Utica if all he is getting is 4th line minutes. If Gaudette isn't ready to take over Sutter, then Sutter provides more depth to the team that is more valuable in succeeding short and long term. Sutter is currently the better player and is the player for Gaudette to beat, so let him strive to beat him. I personally don't think Gaudette is close to being able to handle the role that Sutter provides, but if the team wants to change their dynamic, then I can see them choosing Gaudette over Sutter sooner than later.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I think it actually is the right time to move him. Beagle and Horvat are taking all of his defensive zone faceoffs. Lets move him for a pretty piece. :)

I think the plan to start the year with Sutter and Beagle was so Horvat can take on more of the offensive side (more possession in offensive positions will lead to more scoring). Sutter has been taking some offensive draws as he's just come back from injury and we are missing an offensive centerman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.