The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peteys Bucky

PrinceGeorgeGoon

I know that Elitus Bettersson is a Pro, the best hockey trainers in the world work in the NHL. However being a concerned fan i am bothered by repeated clips and in-play moments when Petey shakes his Helmet to re-adjust it. The thing is too loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAov-9RUU

Obviously the circumstance is unique how Petey is body slammed to the ice, but the lid is loose as it slides down on his head in a way a proper fitting helmet should not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERxW5ifpDZw

It shakes around on his head like it doesn't fit tight enough around his temples or entire circumferencial cranium.

Maybe he likes it loose, but it sure seems like it isn't the right fit. This is plain to see when anyone bumps him in the goal celebration or touches his helmet it moves. Its sitting slightly sideways sometimes and he moves his head to adjust it.

http://newtohockey.com/hockey-helmet-fitting-guide/

"The helmet itself should be tight enough that it won’t shake loose when you shake your head up and down or side to side."

You can see when players congratulate him its loose. He shakes his head to center it again.

Its not just that the helmet could come off, its that if its loose it does not offer the same protection.

Your head needs to be snug inside otherwise you still absorb a significant amount of impact when your head hits inside the helmet.

Im 100% sure this is a problem, but tell me that noone on the team knows or cares?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtU1hOpDlU8

Who makes Alien Helmets?

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Yeah I don't know man his head might just be too damn skinny.  You would think they would have him wearing a proper fitting helmet if one was available

I agree, if you take some time to look for it in various clips, its moving a bit all the time, maybe its a thing like Goldy and Kane with their dang mouth guards hanging out of their mouths.... uhg. Call me an old man but i kinda wanna slap it out of their mouth. lol. Anyway bugs me about Pettersson with already having one concussion already.

9 minutes ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

He has a habit like all other NHL players of playing with the neck strap. A lot of players choose to have it loose or chew on it I think EP is one of them who chews on his strap. 

Loose strap is another issue, the strap keeps it from popping off, you "should not see the helmet move on your head when you shake your head side to side or up and down."

A tight strap does little to change that. A good fitting helmet with the strap undone should behave this way under this circumstance. Of course the Matheson clip is a different ballgame. The risk with a loose chin strap is that it can come off.

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

.. cant imagine his head shape is causing the loosness..

Awesome.... 'Cause you said this with seriousness... 

(Alien yup!)

Regradless, I agree.  I hope he tightness it up!  Those billion dollar brains of his... Are just that... Franchise player. 

Aquallini's...  E=$P... He's lovin' it!

Next year add Quinn Hughes... Fun times.

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

TIL that Bucky means Helmet

I cant say I havent noticed the same thing but also havent played enough hockey to comment.. cant imagine his head shape is causing the loosness..

well i think you have alluded to the a false assumption being made by the goon from up north

that ep40 is incapable of adjusting his head size when he wishes

i therefore urge our posting goon

to canvass all the available video

to locate occasions when it appears

that the bucket size seems a tad over tight

on the head of our otherworldly novice

:frantic:

I feel like a doting mother getting that bit of sauce of his chin here. And yes, redundant. 

Being that he is slight and has a massive target on his back. He absolutely needs his helmet to fit. 

Get him a booster seat for his helmet here Canucks! This thread will die (already is) but I predict more injuries to his head if he wears a loose helmet. 

Is there anyone, on the team,I can send weird messages to about Petey needing an alien bucky?

8 hours ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

I feel like a doting mother getting that bit of sauce of his chin here. And yes, redundant. 

Being that he is slight and has a massive target on his back. He absolutely needs his helmet to fit. 

Get him a booster seat for his helmet here Canucks! This thread will die (already is) but I predict more injuries to his head if he wears a loose helmet. 

Is there anyone, on the team,I can send weird messages to about Petey needing an alien bucky?

Good catch.

Its funny because it’s true.

It really doesn't matter, as long as the strap is done up under the chin.

Any kind of substantial impact is going to move the helmet.

As long as the helmet is on the head for initial impact, the helmet will do the job it is designed for - cushioning the blow to the head.

I think it's a non discussion.

45 minutes ago, danjr said:

It really doesn't matter, as long as the strap is done up under the chin.

Any kind of substantial impact is going to move the helmet.

As long as the helmet is on the head for initial impact, the helmet will do the job it is designed for - cushioning the blow to the head.

I think it's a non discussion.

i 100% disagree hence the topic. That's ok tho i wont call you names ill just, this time atleast, respect your right to an opinion.

Theres nothing more i can comment that i havent already.

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

How about we stop infantilizing Petey and realize that he is an adult who can make his own decision on what equipment he wears, m'kay?

CDC is like a furniture store sometimes with all the armchairs in here. 

Really? to that extent why even have a forum at all? what qualifies as relevant dialogue in reguards to how a GM should make a trade, signing or build a team..

About how the coach should build the lines, or how to allocate game time or who plays on the PP PK...

What players need to play different, harder, better, pushback or agree to waive an NTC...

Basically your saying, you've got nothing to say but still wanted to talk. Welcome. 

Archived