Sign in to follow this  
smokes

Who is your favorite Canuck interview?

Rate this topic

I was in the crowd (that was very boisterous and annoying) for this one.  One of my favs:

(A coach only a dog can hear)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

past - KB3, Burrows

now - Petey , Markstrom, Beagle, Roussel - in that order

36 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was in the crowd (that was very boisterous and annoying) for this one.  One of my favs:

(A coach only a dog can hear)

Thanks for that Deb! The interview with Burr during the Habs game triggered a lot of memories. When Burr and Kes came up that year they signaled a cultural change in the team. There was a willingness to rollover on the Canucks when they came up. They ended that big time. In all the years that I have watched the Canucks I count Alex Burrows in my top 10. So many fans equate ppg as the sole determinant of value to a team. Very few players have ever shown me their desire to win more than Alex.

What didn't he do?  PP & PK, played on the top line for years, scored BIG goals when most needed. How many shorthanded goals? When faced with a physical challenge not only did he not avoid it he engaged without hesitation. Can anyone wonder what Burrows would have done when Petey was slam dunked in Florida? That was never going to happen on his watch. Sorry but the game HAS NOT changed that much that it is OK to look away. 

We all get excited about all the young talent the Canucks are bringing onto the team. IMHO the Canucks will not be a serious CUP challenger until we find the Alex Burrows replacement. As far as I can tell we don't have one, period.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YEGCanuck said:

Any player who can get through an interview without using the word "obviously".

Or "uh and "ykno"!

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Or "uh and "ykno"!

You're so right.

Ever been in a public place and noticed how much some people slide in the word 'like' ? drives me insane, thank god for earbuds. 

• Upvote 1

Best offensive player

Best defensive player

Best interviewee

Is there anything the kid can't do?

What I like about how EP answers is that he takes no quarter, punishes the lazy question. Doubly impressive him being a 20 year old rookie.

I've always enjoyed those kinds of responses. Bure and Bertuzzi come to mind. Not because they gave good answers, but that they were not afraid to be themselves and not just fake it with reporters. Even if they were in a surly mood.