xereau

[GDT] Yotes @ Nucks 7pm Jan 10 2019

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, mll said:

Goldobin has to be being showcased here. I would rather have Gagner on the PP then Goldy.::D

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

PP2.. Short-handed opportunities INCOMING!!!

Goldobin is on PP1 and not PP2.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mll said:

Goldobin is on PP1 and not PP2.

I think the problem is Granlund

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Baertschi-Gaudette-Virtanen

Eriksson-Beagle-Motte/Schaller

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Lineup above. Canuck forwards total 78 goals for. 

Top three Tampa goal scorers total 88 goals for

No wonder we've been shut out 4 of the last 7 games. 

Happy to see Hockey Gawd back  - there has got to be some moves on the horizon -how long do you sit MDZ and Schaller ? Could we get anything for them > Packaged with??

Also looking forward to Petey and Leivo getting back on the ice and moving forward. Hope they don't rush either of them

Arizona - hmmmm - heck yeah we win it

Go Canucks Go

Luckily the Coyotes don’t scare me as a team. Unfortunately I’m predicting a low scoring snoozefest of a game as we are missing our electrictifying alien EP40, and the Yotes aren’t exactly a fun team to watch.

Here is hoping we can finally get back on the scoreboard. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Finally, Horvat has some offensive linemates. I like that Baer-Gaud-Virt combo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

3 hours ago, mll said:
Pettersson can't come back quickly enough.  Hopefully these lines don't stick beyond a few shifts.

While Green probably will change up the lines, I think these lines are about as good at the Canucks can do right now.

1. I am glad to see Horvat being put on a scoring line. With Goldy and Boeser on the wings, he obviously won't be playing shutdown. Horvat has been a real soldier this year, playing shutdown and putting points on the board, not to mention all the faceoffs. But with EP out, I think the Canucks should maximize the chance of scoring by putting Horvat and Boeser together and obviously Goldy is a high skill (albeit inconsistent) player on the other wing. I predict that line gets on the board.

2. Love to see Gaudette getting a shot in an offensive role. Would love to see that line get on the board. Jake has been quiet for a while and it is important for Baertschi to continue his comeback from  injury. I will be at the game and will be watching that line closely.

3. Looks like Sutter is back to the primary shutdown role. Personally I would put Eriksson on that line instead of Granlund but, either way, that line will get quite a lot ice-time on a match-up basis. That is, in my view, definitely the best use of Sutter. I don't think it makes sense to put him with high skill wingers, whereas he can be valuable in a shutdown role. 

4. Finally, the 4th line looks like a fairly conventional 4th line, although it is interesting to see Eriksson dropped down to the 4th line. On the other wing, I am guessing Motte will be in and Schaller will be out. Motte has been a positive surprise this year and Schaller has under-performed relative to expectations.

46 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Luckily the Coyotes don’t scare me as a team. Unfortunately I’m predicting a low scoring snoozefest of a game as we are missing our electrictifying alien EP40, and the Yotes aren’t exactly a fun team to watch.

Here is hoping we can finally get back on the scoreboard. 

Pretty sure the Canucks won't be shut out again. Arizona is actually pretty stingy in the goals against department ranking 6th in the NHL at 2.81. The Canucks rank 20th at about 3.1. But the Canucks should be hungry after the Toronto game and obviously will be rested. I expect them come back strong, even without EP. And Arizona is not a very good team.

Edited by JamesB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I hope Bo kicks Goldy in the arse because I am so tired of watching his non-chalant play "game in and game out" while he is more concerned with chewing on his mouthguard then playing the fr@#$n game. 

Advise for Goldy: When you lose the puck, TRY TO GET IT BACK!!!!

When the opposition has the puck along the boards, HIT HIM!!!!! :lol:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Really like this line - Jake scores

• Upvote 1

Heads up! 

UTICA vs MARLIES on TSN at 5pm MT (that's 4pm Pacific)...tonight

Edited by Pete M
  • Upvote 1

Anybody else think our prospects aren’t benefiting playing so far out east. 6 more years in Utica.... I think it would be more logical having the team closer to home. If we had the chance to move the comets back to Abbotsford the team gets used to the travel, used to the media, and has access to team doctors and trainers. Would be logical in my eyes . 

Had to miss last few games cause of work, not looking forward to the game much with no Petey. Especially since Virtanen and Bo aren’t scoring anymore. Atleast Gaudette is back, should inject some energy into the lineup. 

Man I hope Boeser is healthy all off season and works on nothing but his skating. What a difference another step would make for him if it’s possible. 

3-2 nucks

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Goldobin-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Granlund

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

:sick: playes die on their sticks

43 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Anybody else think our prospects aren’t benefiting playing so far out east. 6 more years in Utica.... I think it would be more logical having the team closer to home. If we had the chance to move the comets back to Abbotsford the team gets used to the travel, used to the media, and has access to team doctors and trainers. Would be logical in my eyes . 

I wrestle with the idea, there are pros and cons with both. Utica by all accounts has great fan support and the youth are away from much of the fishbowl aspect. I'm torn overall, so I trust the professionals. Too much to look at in my personal view to start telling other people whats best for professional athletes. (That's not meant as a  jab at you)