xereau

[GDT] Yotes @ Nucks 7pm Jan 10 2019

Rate this topic

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Weak asked chit

agreed so time to get off of here!!!!!!!!!

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, nucksnavsfan said:

They scored, we lost :( possibly deflected off Edlers stick 

Damn...just like that.  Aw well, think we were lucky to get a point.

• Hydration 2

hopefully sunday will be better, maybe we'll get Petey back and with any luck Shaw will figure out how to do this TV thing.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

They scored, we lost :( possibly deflected off Edlers stick 

Not possibly, it was positively.

• Upvote 1

Robbed by some blown calls & a missed kicking motion. Sighhhhh. Grinding my teeth a little bit after this one.

@Shaw - Ugh, I'm blacking YOU out!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

hopefully sunday will be better, maybe we'll get Petey back and with any luck Shaw will figure out how to do this TV thing.

Don't count on that second part.  I'm going to buy rabbit ears and stand on my roof with them.

• Upvote 1

Disappointing to see Granlund instead of Gaudette in OT.

I know they are without Pete but offense isn't what lost us this game. The Yotes are without Schmaltz, & Richardson is the leading goal scorer. Yet we can't beat them.

This isn't a playoff team, as much as its been a seductive idea to make the playoffs this season, after a game like that I don't want to see it. We need another high pick. 

Canucks must’ve had possession for 85 % of that overtime. 

Idk. 2 turnovers (panik and garland goals), a kicked in goal, and 1 nice play in overtime and that’s the whole game. Very frusterating if I am being honest.

I think it is worth running the analytics on betting sites, to see if "who scores next" bets on Arizona jumped just BEFORE that kicked-in second goal. I have zero confidence in NHL officiating, including Toronto's war room. No conspiracy, just good old money.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Canucks must’ve had possession for 85 % of that overtime. 

Idk. 2 turnovers (panik and garland goals), a kicked in goal, and 1 nice play in overtime and that’s the whole game. Very frusterating if I am being honest.

Bo Horvat got sticked in the face too. That's another one of our franchise/poster boy players that the NHL/refs don't care to watch or protect in anyway. Don't think the majority of those calls evened-out in fairness over this one.

Just hope that the Canucks are storing up some Odin-points to cash-in with the hockey-gods later on. 

Edited by viking mama

3 hours ago, Davathor said:

I'm sure their Customer Service team will miss you

Could not care less. They are idiots!!

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:30 PM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Whenever the Canucks are losing its time to complain about the refs this game day thread was embarrassing 

There were pivotal errors in judgement/decision-making at key times in tonight's game.  Officials are only human, sure, we do get that. But when the “video review” process also gets it wrong, then that really sucks & begs most of us to ask the question, "how are these things still happening?"  This is the real mystery that begs a little extra scrutiny, accountability & transparency to solve, and I'm all-in for that! 

If there’s cause to rebuke/dismiss  incompetent employees from their appointments in TO or to re-assign veteran referees who have  questionable patterns in their stats or justified/accumulated complaints against them....well, I'm not going to just sit here & pretend that these more shocking gaffs aren't happening.

Does the integrity of an NHL game or an assigned/elected/appointed NHL official really matter? It's all relative. Is seeking ‘fair-play’ as the superlative thing...a forgotten goal around here? The IIHF does it far better than the good ol' NHL,....which still has a ways to go IMO.

Edited by viking mama

15 hours ago, buddyguy said:

It's because when Brock is on his game, he gets the job done. Jake isn't a goal scorer and when he isn't playing to his full potential then he isn't doing much of anything out there. If Brock is having an off game he can at least be a threat to score and just needs one good chance to bury it.

quite the opposite, in my opinion.  Jake can play on any line and when he isn't scoring he is used as shutdown, as an energy/physical guy.  When BB isn't scoring, he's totally invisible.