The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Interest in Michael Del Zotto

Per Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

15. Michael Del Zotto didn’t want to say anything during Vancouver’s stop in Toronto, but it’s clear he craves a chance to get back into the lineup. Players want to play. I’ve heard there’s interest, but those parties want to wait until closer to the deadline to save cap space.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-connor-mcdavid-elias-pettersson-calder-hart/

I wonder about Del Zotto. When Benning signed him, I was happy about it. I knew he was a pretty decent Dman who could move the puck, and he plays with a bit of edge. Well, if he's leaving at the TDL, I hope Benning can get a decent pick back. I think he'll do okay wherever he goes.

If Del Zotto goes then I’d wager both Edler and Tanev stay. Joulevi being injured means the Canucks don’t have the bodies to trade 2 dmen and still have flexibility in case of injury. 

Obvious exception is if the Canucks trade for a young d-man to replace a vet moving out

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Be extremely happy with a fourth for MDZ.

I'd be surprised we could get a pick.  I was thinking more along the lines of a guy for Utica.  If we can dump him for a pick, and not take on a contract in return, that would be fabulous!

28 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

If Del Zotto goes then I’d wager both Edler and Tanev stay. Joulevi being injured means the Canucks don’t have the bodies to trade 2 dmen and still have flexibility in case of injury. 

Obvious exception is if the Canucks trade for a young d-man to replace a vet moving out

Can always recall Brisebois, Sautner etc. We have bodies. I'd actually wager they might WANT a look at Brisebois to see where he is, not dissimilar to Demko's recall.

That said, I'd wager both Edler/Tanev stay regardless. Edler wants to stay and we likely want him back = both sides aren't risking the trade route.

Tanev (short of an offer we can't refuse) is likely here to help shelter Hughes and can still be moved next TDL should we not be able to re-sign him (likely IMO).

Archived