The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nathan McKinnon not suspended by Colorado Avalanche

Toews

I like Mackinnon.  The more I see him play, and how hard he works, the more I like him as a player.  He's a hyper competitive guy, and wants to win.  I have no issue with him blowing up.  Maybe more of the Av's Should be like him?  I see Pettersson getting POed too.  He's got that same look, but keeps quiet.  I bet both Mackinnon and Pettersson are vocal in their respective rooms.  Love these hyper compete guys!

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Mackinnon.  The more I see him play, and how hard he works, the more I like him as a player.  He's a hyper competitive guy, and wants to win.  I have no issue with him blowing up.  Maybe more of the Av's Should be like him?  I see Pettersson getting POed too.  He's got that same look, but keeps quiet.  I bet both Mackinnon and Pettersson are vocal in their respective rooms.  Love these hyper compete guys!

Yes he is a real complete player. Thick, fast, skilled, sniper, gritty, passionate. A true #1 pick.

I know this is thirdhand gossip, but I have a buddy who played with MacKinnon in high school who said he’d lose his mind if you whiffed on a shot he set up and scream at you about how “SCOUTS ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE ASSISTS.” Lol, seeing this it makes me more inclined to believe him.

3 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Wish more players were like him

like what?  Insubordinate?  A poor example for younger players on the team?  I love NM game, but that was total bush league, the team should have either suspended or fined him.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

like what?  Insubordinate?  A poor example for younger players on the team?  I love NM game, but that was total bush league, the team should have either suspended or fined him.

I don't think this will have an effect. I think the players know that the pecking order goes...

NM

Coach

Them

While I am not a fan of it I am not interested in crucifying him either. Just the last year we saw Tom Brady and Lebron James taking their frustrations out on a coach. They were given a pass for their fiery competitiveness.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

I don't think this will have an effect. I think the players know that the pecking order goes...

NM

Coach

Them

While I am not a fan of it I am not interested in crucifying him either. Just the last year we saw Tom Brady and Lebron James taking their frustrations out on a coach. They were given a pass for their fiery competitiveness.

if that's the pecking order, they're in trouble.

Nathan MacKinnon is an excellent player but he is not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as LeBron James or Tom Brady. 

They should have disciplined him with a slap on the wrists, however with the amount of losses the team has been taking they need him in the line up.

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

"Sid, he said double double........do your f#$%ing job".........crushes honey cruller on the counter.

LOL, close to home.

As a kid, I worked midnight shifts 30 odd years ago at an inner city 7-11.

Some guy, 4 AM very sombre, high as a kite comes to the corner & orders three hot dogs (3 for a buck).  I microwave them, hand him the condiment tray. Then his hot dogs. He looks at me, annoyed. Screams and absolutely pile drives the 3 hot dogs into the counter with his open hand. They were piping hot, and just smashed!

He looks at me and angrily says > '' I don't want to pay for these. They're F'ing squished!''

My work partner in the back sets off the silent panic alarm. I tell the guy no problem, as he sits at the counter doing a Mexican standoff with me.Looking like he's going to kill me. Scary looking dude!

Police arrive blazing in what seems like 10 minutes? But apparently was 45 seconds. They simmer him down and take him away.

A week later I saw the same guy in the news.  He jumped the counter at a Salsbury House restaurant and stabbed & beat the tar out of the attendant.

Who should have to pay for squished hot dogs? :huh: 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Yes I’m sure you prefer the players telling us how closed we were and that we just have to trust the process after a 5-0 drubbing? 

Have fun with that 

Archived