The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nathan McKinnon not suspended by Colorado Avalanche

Toews

1 hour ago, Zhukini said:

Yes I’m sure you prefer the players telling us how closed we were and that we just have to trust the process after a 5-0 drubbing? 

Have fun with that 

Oddly enough, I expect professionals to be, you know........professional.

2 hours ago, Toews said:

I don't think this will have an effect. I think the players know that the pecking order goes...

NM

Coach

Them

While I am not a fan of it I am not interested in crucifying him either. Just the last year we saw Tom Brady and Lebron James taking their frustrations out on a coach. They were given a pass for their fiery competitiveness.

When McKinnon is arguably the "GOAT" then maybe you can make that comparison IMHO.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

like what?  Insubordinate?  A poor example for younger players on the team?  I love NM game, but that was total bush league, the team should have either suspended or fined him.

With the Avs record of late and McKinnon's line still dominating the league. The coach should be the one replaced.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Oddly enough, I expect professionals to be, you know........professional.

Would it be professional if it was bednar yelling at mckinnon? It’s funny how coaches can throw hissy fits on the bench and it’s normal. I don’t mind mckinnon losing his temper a bit, he’s passionate about winning.

The coach still loses if he suspended him.    

Av's miss the playoffs because Nate gets benched, he'd get let go.  You don't go about benching the center in the best line in the league.  Even if they do make it to the playoffs, if Nate doesn't like him, he still might get the ax.  He's probably in the similar shoes as Bylsma was in Buffalo, albeit the Av's aren't doing nearly as badly.

To imply that the coach isn't doing everything in his power to win is disrespectful, I am all for competitive edge and not being pleased with losing but looking at their roster they are only one line deep. On paper as well as on the ice. Maybe look down the bench and tell your teammates to do their jobs.

14 hours ago, Nancouver said:

Would it be professional if it was bednar yelling at mckinnon? It’s funny how coaches can throw hissy fits on the bench and it’s normal. I don’t mind mckinnon losing his temper a bit, he’s passionate about winning.

no, it wouldn't be professional either.  

Archived