The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN & CGY

To CGY: Goldobin

To Van : Bennett + late pick 

Van get top 9 back bone player that can play nicely defense with EP

CGY get maybe a top 6 player that have better upside skill

both would need a new contract and a new scene of team . Do we need the pick with the trade or would this get the deal done 

I think Flames management likes what Bennett brings; he kind of replaced Ferland with his physicality and they seem to be producing a ton of goals offensively. 

I doubt the do a 1 for 1 deal,  let alone add a pick.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

No chance.  Goldobin and a 2nd for Bennet would be more realistic but still probably wouldn't get it done.  Goldobin is a fake top 6 player, Bennet knows his role

Yup total agree with you.....they at the top right now, their program is working....no way they subtract right now, they will probably add, if anything

Bennett has redefined his game for Calgary and is a pretty good contributor. Goldy, I know people love to bring up his points but he's been a healthy scratch a few times this season for a reason. Not so sure they'd want to trade a NHLer for a guy that is pretty much a passenger to Petey and brings nothing else.

Edit: Calgary has the 3rd most Goals For on the season as well. They don't need a one dimensional project forward.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Bennett has redefined his game for Calgary and is a pretty good contributor. Goldy, I know people love to bring up his points but he's been a healthy scratch a few times this season for a reason. Not so sure they'd want to trade a NHLer for a guy that is pretty much a passenger to Petey and brings nothing else.

Edit: Calgary has the 3rd most Goals For on the season as well. They don't need a one dimensional project forward.

Having added more speed with Hanifin & Lindholm. Also some extra puck skill and a new coach?

Calgary is playing at a waay faster pace.

Bennett as a grinder had its challenges in a slower game, fought in the corners to win pucks. Tasked with fore-checking big D, and pinning them for a face off. Or blocking shots. He's not that big, as much as has always been reputed to be Dougie Gilmour feisty?

I think the new game style just works to what he can do? More than he has refined his game. He's much better at cheap shots in a free flowing game with open ice... :lol:

But yeah, I still agree. They prob wont trade Bennett for Goldobin.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Yup total agree with you.....they at the top right now, their program is working....no way they subtract right now, they will probably add, if anything

We aught to send Green some Gaudreau game tape to school Goldobin with. Show him how a small, evasive wing should operate in the NHL? 

Archived