The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

43 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Sutter for a 2019 first rounder at deadline. Resign Edler for 3 more years. Tanev for a 2020 second rounder and a D prospect. Draft one D and one C/LW in the first round 2019.

Sutter ain’t fetching a 1st rounder

Goldobin could've made someone a millionaire with Safeway Score and Win, with all of this chances early, but he ended up with no goals. He's such a frustrating player to watch, absolutely no grit on the backcheck. Pitiful. Nice to see Baertschi take another step, and score two goals.   

38 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Devising a way to get rid of passengers. Yes, I mean after all I am sure there is quite a list of teams willing to pick up Erickson's contract, for example. Or Sutter's.

Are you sure? What are your sources?

Or maybe guys who are not good enough for the Canucks are not good enough for anyone else?

You realize do that other teams take on players from other teams based on need, right? Players like Loui Eriksson and Brandon Sutter have the capability to slot in well into a more established roster. These things actually happen, believe or not.

Just because Loui is floating like an empty uniform doesn't mean he forgot how to play hockey. Same with Sutter. In fact, quite a few teams were showing interest in Sutter last season.

We are talking about a team that is 6 games below .500 here, not yet a power house, obviously. 

Really? Thank goodness you cleared that up for me. Here I was telling people that the Canucks were first in the league and the odds on favorite to win the Cup.

Sutter and trade talk here, okay i'll bite

This is not a team ready for the playoffs, period, there is not enough depth period.

Trade Edler at the TDL, hopefully for a trade and re-sign but if not then plan for two years down the road and make an offer on some of these hot shot UFA kids, Trouba, Meyers, Gardiner, even if the Canucks sign Edler to another contract they are spending money so why not get something and resign or sign one of these kids to a 7 mil deal and then try to resign Edler to a home discount 3.5 for 3 yrs with a signing bonus.

Trade Sutter to a contender or pretender and retain salary to get a better draft pick/prospect and open the bidding up to more teams. Replace him with Gaudette.

Next year or at the draft package Tanev to Buffalo or Colorado for one of their extra 1rst round picks, Ottawa's or St Louis's, maybe even at the TDL this year.

The Canucks were losing because of all the injuries, Arizona beat the Canucks and they had all these injuries, forget using injuries to discount whole seasons

10 hours ago, buddyguy said:

Omg all the idiots that are already turning on Boeser. Like really guys? :rolleyes:

thats what happens when people start comparisons with God, Jesus, Gretzky etc and players don't live up to them...TRASH

on  SIDE NOTE, he makes several plays similar to Goldy, but Brock has a better shot

Both are still young 

The Bo, the Brock and The Sven played well tonight. Looks like The Bo is getting his mojo back, he seemed to have lost some jam lately, probably all the wedding planning going on...:lol:

I thought most of the kids played well, Goldy with some slick stick handling, the Guad being, well the Guad, and the Jake was throwing some mass around. I feel bad for Goldy, he had some good shifts, can't buy a goal, Gaud goes out, slames in a deflection. Something tells me Goldy has been given an ultimatum. Perform or else. Jake still needs to intensify!

Is Sutter rusty, or is his shoulder still not 100%, or is he helping on the farm too much? That boy is off.

Sutter and Granlund in OT,  please no. Gaud and Goldy and the Stetch next time please. 

Kemper's reaction when he stuck his stick out and Sven knocked it out of hands! Ha! Its like he stuck his tongue in the fan and complained when it got cut off! 

Coyotes burned one of their lucky charms having that kicked in goal count.

Big thumbs up to the Cantina band! Pure awesomeness!

Go Canucks Go! I believe!

1 hour ago, CanucksCulprit said:

side note:

Anyone else unable to access these message boards with the NHL app?  It used to be at the bottom of the homescreen

i think stealth was saying they may have removed it from the app and you would have create a shortcut or bookmark to compensate.

9 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sure bud.  And your qualifications to judge an NHL coach are???   Yeah...I thought so...you have none.  ::D

is he wrong though?

coach CANNOT go a game without the line blender, that to me is a sign of insecurity/ lack of preparation

coach lacks fire/passion, want passion from players but shows none

here is a serious question, What sets TG apart from an average NHL coach?

9 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

we probably would of won if the refs didnt count that kick in goal, so we did fine tonight, first period was garbage and the 2nd wasnt bad, 3rd was decent.

wait a minute, you are defending the coach but saying the 1st was garnage and the 2nd wasn't bad?

37 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Sutter and trade talk here, okay i'll bite

This is not a team ready for the playoffs, period, there is not enough depth period.

Trade Edler at the TDL, hopefully for a trade and re-sign but if not then plan for two years down the road and make an offer on some of these hot shot UFA kids, Trouba, Meyers, Gardiner, even if the Canucks sign Edler to another contract they are spending money so why not get something and resign or sign one of these kids to a 7 mil deal and then try to resign Edler to a home discount 3.5 for 3 yrs with a signing bonus.

Trade Sutter to a contender or pretender and retain salary to get a better draft pick/prospect and open the bidding up to more teams. Replace him with Gaudette.

Next year or at the draft package Tanev to Buffalo or Colorado for one of their extra 1rst round picks, Ottawa's or St Louis's, maybe even at the TDL this year.

The Canucks were losing because of all the injuries, Arizona beat the Canucks and they had all these injuries, forget using injuries to discount whole seasons

I suspect that if Tanev were to go to one of those teams for a 1st, then I suspect that Buffalo would only offer the San Jose pick (as it would be the lowest of the three they have). Colorado might be reluctant to trade a 1st at all as Ottawa's pick could be top-5 (if things keep going as they are) and the Colorado pick could be a lottery pick if things were to go south for the Avalanche for the remainder of the season..

regards,  G.

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

worst thing about a transition are the countless pretender armchair gms.

That's nothing. I'm an armchair theoretical quantum physicist, drive my wife nuts with my stupidity. 

next worse thing is that the GDTs are filled with armchair 'gamers' littering  posts blaming a Canuck on every play.

Jocko Willink does preach 'extreme ownership'....maybe he has a lot of fans on here?

the vast majority of it pointless noise.

Totally agree, such as my pointless responses to you....Can you tell I'm bored at work? :P

4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

I contacted Shaw Cable this morning to tell them the Service I pay for from them failed me again last night. The only reason I have Shaw is for the Canucks games and again they failed me.  They offered me a 1 day refund..... yes 1 day refund... I took it.  What a fn joke. 

next time tell them you're cancelling your service. 

they'll transfer you to the 'customer retention' dept

you'll do better than a 1 day refund.

We need patience with this group.   Had Petterson played, we would have won this one for sure even without injury.   I also feel that Gaudette is showing his worth to this team despite a turnover that led to the goal in 3rd period, he did absolutely right but the defenceman was able to snag the puck out of the air otherwise an odd man rush going other way if he missed.   This is a right play and Coyote D took a gamble and won.   

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are you sure? What are your sources?

You realize do that other teams take on players from other teams based on need, right? Players like Loui Eriksson and Brandon Sutter have the capability to slot in well into a more established roster. These things actually happen, believe or not.

Just because Loui is floating like an empty uniform doesn't mean he forgot how to play hockey. Same with Sutter. In fact, quite a few teams were showing interest in Sutter last season.

Really? Thank goodness you cleared that up for me. Here I was telling people that the Canucks were first in the league and the odds on favorite to win the Cup.

I have no sources and what i am saying here is simply my opinion. Erickson has 3 more years after this one and Sutter 2 more. Those are pretty much unmoveable contracts. And do you think someone would take on the Schaller contract? Or Gudbranson's .The Canucks would have to keep a lot of the cap hit. They certainly have ability but all those contracts are horrible. And good that you recognize that the Canucks are still at this time in the bottom echelons of the league, going to overtime with Ottawa and Arizona, for example. Some fans have rose colored glasses sometimes and think that this team is close. Some great pieces are in place for sure. But it is only a start as you said in your own way, and a very long way to go still.

16 minutes ago, oldnews said:

next time tell them you're cancelling your service. 

they'll transfer you to the 'customer retention' dept

you'll do better than a 1 day refund.

I'd be careful with that. I've heard of cable companies transferring people looking to cancel their services to the cancellation department.

Archived