The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If that was my 6 year old grandson with those breakways on Markstrom and he didn't score there would be a reason why in his mind. He is not beyond bending the rules in explaining any misses. He puts me in goal and then clubs me over the head when I make to many saves. No ore Cherry tapes for him!!!!

21 hours ago, rekker said:

He definitely misses the twins on the PP. Cant wait till Hughes and EP are working with Brock on the PP. Fireworks baby!

Well he definitely misses someone who can set him up unfortunately, not saying you but some fans can't seem to comprehend that unfortunately and hit a soft spot for some on this by the looks of it :lol:.

21 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Lol. Did you even watch the game last night? Are you serious right now?
& Did you watch any of the games last season at all? You know where he was going to get 40 goals playing without EP before getting hurt?
He's nearly a point a game. What more do some of you guys want out of the guy? Can't believe people are talking about trading him and trashing him. The guy is a class act. 

And I thought he looked fine last night for the record. 4 shots and plenty of nice plays.

Lol just can't handle a little criticism wow, and where the heck did I point out ever in trading him :unsure:. The point was he needs to step up when EP is out of the lineup and he doesn't, he hasn't had a point since Ottawa game before EP was hurt. When EP was hurt the first time I literally said I'm expecting Brock to step it up and fill the hole but he didn't he struggled, then EP came back and the points started racking up again, now EP got hurt in Montreal and Brock hasn't had a point since EP was hurt. He needs to find ways to produce without EP and he's not showing it yet, I like Brock I do he has a deadly shot, but he's definitely struggling this year unless he plays with EP and that's not good.

25 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Granny's game has deteriorated as of late.  I can't tell if its because Granny is being misused, overplayed, or simply is not as good as I had first thought.

He looks noticeably less confident in his game.

I guess it depends on a combination of your expectations and whether you're looking at context, and if so, realistically.

First of all, he has been one of the principal shutdown forwards all year.

37.6% ozone starts - playing on largely depleted shutdown units (47.1% corsi)

Nevertheless, he has some of the best goals against results of anyone on the team - 2.4 on ice goals against per 60 = 22 players have higher and only Beagle among forwards is lower (at 2.3).

Turnover differential of +14 (20 takeaways, 6 giveaways).

Also, 13 of 14 pts come at even strength or shorthanded.

And 4th on the team in short-handed ice-time/game, 2nd in overall sh ice-time.

So, he's clearly been one of if not the most reliable 'bottom six' forward on the team.

But his powerplay production has not been there.  He's 12th on the team in powerplay ice time /game - but still, that's one area he hasn't produced.

Are there better options on the 2nd unit?  I'm not going to armchair coach that, but I think in general the tendency around here to sandbag Granlund this year is out of line.

I would add that being a workhorse on depleted shutdown units - with the absurd travel and play schedule the team has endured - I would not be surprised in the least if a few guys like Granlund and Horvat are among the team's most exhausted at this point.

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I guess it depends on a combination of your expectations and whether you're looking at context, and if so, realistically.

First of all, he has been one of the principal shutdown forwards all year.

37.6% ozone starts - playing on largely depleted shutdown units (47.1% corsi)

Nevertheless, he has some of the best goals against results of anyone on the team - 2.4 on ice goals against per 60 = 22 players have higher and only Beagle among forwards is lower (at 2.3).

Turnover differential of +14 (20 takeaways, 6 giveaways).

Also, 13 of 14 pts come at even strength or shorthanded.

And 4th on the team in short-handed ice-time/game, 2nd in overall sh ice-time.

So, he's clearly been one of if not the most reliable 'bottom six' forward on the team.

But his powerplay production has not been there.  He's 12th on the team in powerplay ice time /game - but still, that's one area he hasn't produced.

Are there better options on the 2nd unit?  I'm not going to armchair coach that, but I think in general the tendency around here to sandbag Granlund this year is out of line.

I would add that being a workhorse on depleted shutdown units - with the absurd travel and play schedule the team has endured - I would not be surprised in the least if a few guys like Granlund and Horvat are among the team's most exhausted at this point.

Statistic are good and I’ve been a granny fan for a long time, but I think he is on his last legs. Could be as you say it because of utilisation, I think Green hung him out to dry, when he played him 3 on 3 against Yotes. 

The problem is not the bottom six or even nine qt this club. We need a proper LW for Pettersson and we are rolling. A LW in FA together with a top FA defendr and we will be ready to compete. 

Archived