The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Did I hear you right? Trade Boeser for Hedman? Seriously?

He’s a number 1, can QB the powerplay, has a wicked shot, big body and can pass the puck, scores, and a presence in front of the net. A defensemen the Canucks have never had 

1 minute ago, CrazyAL said:

Seriously still confused about the kick, where is the league on this did they change rules or something? I could swear anything that looks like a kick the league steps in to review regardless of refs. Instead Nucks burn a challenge?

yeah i dont get it either.

Just now, NeilColville said:

He’s a number 1, can QB the powerplay, has a wicked shot, big body and can pass the puck, scores, and a presence in front of the net. A defensemen the Canucks have never had 

Definitely not Boeser! Package something to get Hedman.

Ballard + Raymond + 1st rounder...oh wait...

Just now, CrazyAL said:

Seriously still confused about the kick, where is the league on this did they change rules or something? I could swear anything that looks like a kick the league steps in to review regardless of refs. Instead Nucks burn a challenge?

Unless I misunderstood what they were saying, at intermission they were saying something about it being explained to them that it was thought to have gone off the shin pad.

That in no way went off anything other than his skate.

Only saw the last 15 minutes of the third, sounds like I didn't miss much in the first.

Woulda been real sweet for Horvat, Boeser, or Bear to put home one of those chances in OT.

Dud of the game goes to Granlund. Why the f was he out there in OT? I guess we don't have many options at C with Petey out but damn was Granlund ever brutal, even Beagle would've been a much better call imo. I used to be a big Granlund supporter but I'm really starting to hope we trade him for something before his value falls off completely. I don't think the kid knows how to do anything other than dump and chase, his playmaking ability is pitiful. I'd much rather give his spot in the bottom six to someone who is at least physical.

Stud of the game goes to Baertschi. I'm a little biased here, Bear's been my favorite player since he joined the team. But man it feels good to see him looking so confident. Not only confident but fearless. If anyone says Sven is scared of getting bumped around, they're clearly not watching. I've been pulling for this guy for a while now and it's awesome to see him succeed. Here's hoping this kind of play from Bear becomes the norm and it's not just a hot streak. I would love to see him become a consistent go-to offensive guy and leader for years to come, it always seemed like that was a bit of a long-shot, and it still might be in the eyes of some, but it's still really nice to see him progress like this.

"He was pretty good. I thought he had a good game. Obviously got a goal, I know he'd like the one play back where he didn't get the puck out. But overall thought his game was solid. He's not a different player because he played three games down there. But... he looks confident. I thought he was playing well when he was here before." - Green on Gaudette

Archived