The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

Here is the answer to Canuks problems. This man looks depressed. How can he inspire and lead a NHL-team?! 

There is a lot of people talking about players in/players out. Most people want whole team to leave except EP and a couple of guys. When theres such big issues on so many players, that dont get up to their level, well then its time to look on an organisational level. 

Whats the big picture with Canuks playing hockey? Can we see a clear strong structure?! Does every player have 100 % idea of what to to on the ice? 

Stars dont build great teams. Theres no need for more players in or out. The coach need to get full potential out of the players he have. Make an idea grow, make the team believe. 

With EP on the ice everything seems possible for this team. Thats only mental. This team needs something to believe in, but EP cant be the one to lay everything on, get a new coach and build new confidence into the team!

3 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Here is the answer to Canuks problems. This man looks depressed. How can he inspire and lead a NHL-team?! 

There is a lot of people talking about players in/players out. Most people want whole team to leave except EP and a couple of guys. When theres such big issues on so many players, that dont get up to their level, well then its time to look on an organisational level. 

Whats the big picture with Canuks playing hockey? Can we see a clear strong structure?! Does every player have 100 % idea of what to to on the ice? 

Stars dont build great teams. Theres no need for more players in or out. The coach need to get full potential out of the players he have. Make an idea grow, make the team believe. 

With EP on the ice everything seems possible for this team. Thats only mental. This team needs something to believe in, but EP cant be the one to lay everything on, get a new coach and build new confidence into the team!

Sure bud.  And your qualifications to judge an NHL coach are???   Yeah...I thought so...you have none.  ::D

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sure bud.  And your qualifications to judge an NHL coach are???   Yeah...I thought so...you have none.  ::D

Dont need qualifications. Just look at the results. Also ask yourself if that man looks inspirational by any means?

1 minute ago, Nuke said:

Dont need qualifications. Just look at the results. Also ask yourself if that man looks inspirational by any means?

they played great in decemeber two shut outs and an OT loss, he deserves to be fired, alrighty then.

9 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

they played great in decemeber two shut outs and an OT loss, he deserves to be fired, alrighty then.

´Thats the EP effect I told you about. Look into the games BC/AD EP. Looks crappy. He has 50 wins on 128 games overall. Without EP that record is even worse. 

2 minutes ago, Nuke said:

´Thats the EP effect I told you about. Look into the games BC/AD EP. Looks crappy. He has 31 wins on 82 games overall. Without EP that record is even worse. 

we probably would of won if the refs didnt count that kick in goal, so we did fine tonight, first period was garbage and the 2nd wasnt bad, 3rd was decent.

Just now, TNucks1 said:

we probably would of won if the refs didnt count that kick in goal, so we did fine tonight, first period was garbage and the 2nd wasnt bad, 3rd was decent.

Yeah, but look at the team they met. Probably the crappiest team in the NHL. Should be an easy win with at least a couple of goals. 

I just mean, why complain on all the playsers when theres a head coach that can get the potentail out of them? 

He made it to 7th place last year and missed playoffs, can he make it to 6th this year...?

i think travis has been fine and the players need to step up when EP's been out, if you look at the MTL/TOR games they didnt exactly play lights out with Offense and our D's been bad too, its up too them too do it and travis green made them do great in december, if you look at EDM they had a healthy McDavid all year pretty much with a coach and a new one they still did $&!#ty, its generally up too the players and team coming together.

Seems like every time Boeser has an off game there is a ton of angst around here and it’s frustrating as hell to read. I posted in a PGT awhile back pointing out his point comparables after many had had a run at him, and now again... He’s slightly below his GPG and PPG from last season. Slightly. Ya know, when he was challenging for the Calder all season before he got injured? He’s also coming in off a pretty significant injury from the off season and a mid season injury as well. Maybe, just maybe, especially considering he’s a damn 21 year old kid in his second season, he could earn a goddamn break from some of you? Jesus. You guys are embarrassing, honestly. Be critical all you like, cuz I agree he looks off at times, but trade him? Really? Kid loves being here, has great character, and is the purest sniper on the team. Stfu with the trade sh*t, it collectively makes us look like idiots as fans. 

Nice to see Baer with a strong game, and get rewarded with a pair. He’s the closest we have to a 1LW and it would be fantastic if he could stay healthy for an extended period of time, that’s honestly the only real knock against him. Gaudette as well making the most of his call up with a strong game. 

Baer, Motte, Markstrom and of course Gaudette with solid showings. Rest of the team looked pretty flat overall. Tough game to lose, especially considering the overall shots and chances for us, and of course the kick-in goal. I don’t understand how that got missed especially when Green forced them to have another look at it, unless at that point it can’t be called? That’s about as clear of a kicking motion as you can have, and Cousins knew it. On the other hand, we got a win against Calgary when the refs blew a call that went in our favour, sometimes it happens. 

Overall, not a horrible way to start our homestand after many days off. Bad luck, rust and being short our superstar and it was tough sledding. On to the next one. 

Archived