Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

Imo these performances are a lot to do with how much Green juggles the lines.

I like Green but I'm sick of wondering who is going to make up the lines every night. We need to get some chemistry and that in the main comes through knowing the plays and anticipating the habits of your line mates. I would like to see the same lines for 3/4 games in a row.

 

I actually liked Goldobin's play. I think the fact is our "playmakers" after EP Goldy and Baertschi are too average. We need one or two higher calibre playmakers and I would like to see what Jasek can do.

 

Also, how many minutes was Pouliot on the ice for. It felt to me like he was never off it.

Except that tonight when Green swapped Baer for Goldy it woke up that entire line and Baer scored a pair. If a line or a player is struggling I have no issue with changing things up, especially considering that once EP is back things move around again anyways. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Except that tonight when Green swapped Baer for Goldy it woke up that entire line and Baer scored a pair. If a line or a player is struggling I have no issue with changing things up, especially considering that once EP is back things move around again anyways. 

I think you miss the point.

We have too many of these 1st and 2nd period funks, sometimes even with EP in the line. My point is if the players knew who their line mates were one game to the next they might not need "woken up"

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I think you miss the point.

We have too many of these 1st and 2nd period funks, sometimes even with EP in the line. My point is if the players knew who their line mates were one game to the next they might not need "woken up"

You’re making the assumption that players don’t have off nights, especially after a long hiatus. I get what you’re saying I’m just pointing out that sometimes mixing up some lines is beneficial. 

 

Goldobin is a prime example. He was putting up points with EP, but the rest of his game in Green’s eyes wasn’t developing, hence his shuffle. 

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Wasted the first period. Should have and could have. 

 

Same story. Didn't put in 60-65 mins 

This is CDC, Jaimito, so don't you mean "should of" and "could of"?

 

Anyways, sounds like I didn't miss much of a game last night. I think/hope JB & co. See the writing on the wall with this season and make some moves for the future and draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I have a feeling that this game spells the end of the Gudbranson-Hutton pairing. Thank goodness. Hoping Green wakes up and pairs Gudbranson with Edler. 

Would be nice and maybe we see both take turns throwing couple  hits on Matheson next game. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Game handed to Arizona by poor refereeing... Goldobin pulled down, no call, resulted in Arizona goal opportunity... which was kicked in.

 

Don't blame Markstrom for final goal... as John said, was a perfect shot... Maybe Markstrom was expecting it to be blocked by Edler... it almost was, but still shot was off the post and in.

 

Canucks had the chances to win in OT... Bo's being the best... with Kempe making a good save.

 

Baertschi was the best Canuck of the night.  (although he shouldn't have gotten the first star, should have been Panik)  I always like Baertschi's forecheck, he has great anticipation and controls the puck well along the boards.  He was also skating well and putting himself in position to score.  If Pettersson is not back for Sunday's game, then Baertschi should be on a line with Bo and Boes...  Killer B's again.   B)

 

I am not too worried about the loss, they did play well in the 2nd and 3rd and came back "Thrice" as John likes to say.

 

Sorry to say, but Goldobin should not be on the 1st Unit PP... Sutter should replace him.  Sutter will score if given the opportunities Goldy had tonight.  Those missed opportunities were the game.  Let Goldy play on the second unit... but don't put him on the point where he can give away the puck for a shorthanded goal.

 

 Nice to see Gaudette get a goal... in many ways, the argument for keeping him up in Van is there... but if he stays, then someone will need to be waived.  Personally I would like to see Schaller waived, I don't think he is worth his salary.

 

Next!

Lo sutterzzzZzz

 

you serious man?

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard game to watch.

 

5 shots in the first probably two or three from 30’ out.....

 

boeser has has to have a lingering wrist injury.  It’s all taped up and he seems to have to handle it more before releasing.  Timing just isn’t there.  

 

Are tickets still cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to pick on someone that is such a nice guy but Guddy has been downright terrible defensively as of late. 2 of the goals last night he got caught watching the puck and lost his man and is too slow to recover. That combined with with his poor showing in TO last week just makes me cringe. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I don't know why but I feel like the Canucks rarely if ever beat the Coyotes.  They're the Canucks kryptonite.

Canucks have problems to bottom feeders. When St. Louis was struggling badly we'd always lose to them. 

Watching the condensed game, there was at least 3 chances that should have turned into goals. 

Brock and Bo need to get off the rough patch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Game handed to Arizona by poor refereeing... Goldobin pulled down, no call, resulted in Arizona goal opportunity... which was kicked in.

 

Don't blame Markstrom for final goal... as John said, was a perfect shot... Maybe Markstrom was expecting it to be blocked by Edler... it almost was, but still shot was off the post and in.

 

Canucks had the chances to win in OT... Bo's being the best... with Kempe making a good save.

 

Baertschi was the best Canuck of the night.  (although he shouldn't have gotten the first star, should have been Panik)  I always like Baertschi's forecheck, he has great anticipation and controls the puck well along the boards.  He was also skating well and putting himself in position to score.  If Pettersson is not back for Sunday's game, then Baertschi should be on a line with Bo and Boes...  Killer B's again.   B)

 

I am not too worried about the loss, they did play well in the 2nd and 3rd and came back "Thrice" as John likes to say.

 

Sorry to say, but Goldobin should not be on the 1st Unit PP... Sutter should replace him.  Sutter will score if given the opportunities Goldy had tonight.  Those missed opportunities were the game.  Let Goldy play on the second unit... but don't put him on the point where he can give away the puck for a shorthanded goal.

 

 Nice to see Gaudette get a goal... in many ways, the argument for keeping him up in Van is there... but if he stays, then someone will need to be waived.  Personally I would like to see Schaller waived, I don't think he is worth his salary.

 

Next!

....nor the second unit. His season was about 20 games of being an NHL player, I don't see that at all anymore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do't hit enough on the forecheck. Play Biega up front.

Put some jam on that sandwich.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greens hatred for Goldobin is becoming more apparent every game why on earth would you have Sutter on the ice 3 on 3 in OT or even Granlund . Greens coaching style leaves little to be desired . I don't give a rats a$$ if Goldobin has defensive misgivings . You cant add pure talent to a mucker or checker. Ether trade him or play him , sitting him is wrecking the player and his value. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened with the Shaw broadcast last night ,it's even a poll question on Team 1040.I have Telus Optic and didn't even have a glitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I don't know why but I feel like the Canucks rarely if ever beat the Coyotes.  They're the Canucks kryptonite.

Nope. We're 5-5-1 in our last 11 games with the Coyotes (going back to 2016-17). Compared to the rest of our division...

 

San Jose: 1-9-1

Vegas: 1-4-1

Anaheim: 6-9-0

Calgary: 7-9-1

Edmonton: 7-7-2

Los Angeles: 5-3-2

 

...At least we're 5-1-1 against Chicago though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning has been the first time I have seen highlights of the game (stupid Shaw....)

 

I am glad Gaudette got a goal, his reaction was priceless. He was really starting to play with confidence when he got sent down. If he keeps this up it he could make a lot of other players redundant and very replaceable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

This morning has been the first time I have seen highlights of the game (stupid Shaw....)

 

I am glad Gaudette got a goal, his reaction was priceless. He was really starting to play with confidence when he got sent down. If he keeps this up it he could make a lot of other players redundant and very replaceable.

Sutter for one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sutter for one? 

yes, I was going to single him out.......

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.