The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 10, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

On 1/11/2019 at 5:06 AM, N7Nucks said:

It's almost like our franchise is behind in understanding the 3 on 3. Probably want your fastest guys out there. I dunno, maybe I am dumb.

I would play the fastest players, but play defense first and capitalize on a quick transition. Defensive triangle and pounce on the loose puck with the 3 players transitioning to offense immediately on getting possession. Need to be structured defensively first.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I would play the fastest players, but play defense first and capitalize on a quick transition. Defensive triangle and pounce on the loose puck with the 3 players transitioning to offense immediately on getting possession. Need to be structured defensively first.

3 on 3 is about speed and skill. It’s literally 2 on 1s back and forth until a team scores.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:47 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

I have a feeling that this game spells the end of the Gudbranson-Hutton pairing. Thank goodness. Hoping Green wakes up and pairs Gudbranson with Edler. 

Maybe Nuke is on to something...he's (TG) not sleeping, rather he is depressed...lol

On 1/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Don't disagree, there are many reasons for downgrading a pick but the issue is also time, While either first might be huge, they also may not, (ya , Captain Obvious :blush:)  Tanev is still young enough to be around another 6 years but fill a huge need immediately. The hope is that those GM's confidence in their team's to believe an additional piece takes them over the top or deeper towards the grail. The other way is a GM's job on the line and fan pressure. In that case the Canucks might have to give more but they could demand much more back, Tanev and Gaudette plus retention for 2 1rst round (conditional) picks and a D prospect or two to a team already a playoff contender.

If Edler isn't offered a contract then his agent can start marketing him to cities he may like. Anyway it would be in Edler's best interest to start the process of participation in a trade.

IMO if he doesn't care about winning a cup then he isn't a player this team needs, wanting the cup is almost half the battle in getting to have a chance.

Yup. Timing is everything. Guys like Del Zotto may not have much appeal right now, but closer to the TDL they might become more interesting to other teams which have cap issues.

regards,  G.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:42 AM, the_impersonator13 said:

Oh wow! I don't think I could accept such an award with the wife and kids at home! 

You can wait till the kids are asleep?? And it should spice things up watching it with your wife and replicating the acts at the same time! Thank me later!

On 1/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Two words, David Clarkson.

Schaller, probably not, but Gudbranson, yes I do.  A playoff team would take that on in a second.

For Eriksson, probably. As mentioned previously, there were a few teams interested in Sutter last year around playoff time.

Eriksson's is pretty bad, but the other three, when you look at the league overall from a salary perspective are not that bad at all.

Top teams have lost to both aforementioned teams this year. Overall, the team is a few players away from being consistently competitive. They've shown flashes of brilliance this season, and they have also shown all the passion of a flat tire, as well. The more players on this team that are invested and capable of keeping up, the better things will be.

Close to competing, or close to being a contender? This team has shown, that it can compete....when it wants to. You don't beat Boston 8-5, if you're a $&!#ty team.

I don't think it's that long. Within a season or two, realistically.

Some good points but some incomplete statements and rumors. Yes Toronto got rid of Clarkson but you fail to mention the cost. How is Horton doing by the way? A few teams were interested in Sutter last year? Maybe, maybe not. And finally, the team is a few players away from being consistently competitive? If you consider 4/6 of defense and secondary scoring a few players, then sure. 

Archived