The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trade Baertschi before he's done

Don't get me wrong I think Sven Baertschi is a useful player for the Canucks but he is one injury away from his career potentially being done and he's only 26 so it's a given he's going to get injured atleast another time in his NHL career. I think we should get value for him while he still has some and before he gets a potential career ending injury.

Pettersson is averaging 2 injuries per year should we trade him as well?  

You could say every player in the league is one injury away from ending their career.  

And what the hell exactly is your proposal? Trade him. For what? To who?

I'm guessing this thread gets locked.

Why trade him??  He's like how Eriksson is on paper -- not afraid to go to the tight spots, somewhat of a two-way player, and he's on a value deal that we just signed him to recently.  Why can't we just let him, Bo and Brock do their thing??  Guys like Goldie and Loui aren't necessarily better options.

9 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Why trade him??  He's like how Eriksson is on paper -- not afraid to go to the tight spots, somewhat of a two-way player, and he's on a value deal that we just signed him to recently.  Why can't we just let him, Bo and Brock do their thing??  Guys like Goldie and Loui aren't necessarily better options.

If he gets injured he's done, this is a player who won't last in his league much longer.

most stupid post ever. wrong on so many levels. 

You know who they say was done? Jeff Skinner. This one we can all agree with. And now he is #2 in goals in the league and helping the Sabres make the playoffs. m

You seem to commoditize our players as well, its damaged, let's trade them away? Righteousness. 

Brock has had a couple of injuries already, same with OJ and EP.... time to trade them too.  Guys like them won't last in the NHL.  They are way too injury prone... especially EP40.... he's too small for any NHL.  The Canucks should trade him before he decides to flee back to Sweden.  

Oh how I missed these trade Baer threads. And by missed them was ecstatic in the fact they were no where to be found. I love Baer, but he has no value. He is coming off another concussion that'll have teams wary of giving up anything significant for him. And two, this team is better with him. We have NO ONE that would fit in that spot comfortably. Goldy looks sketchy. Eriksson is garbage. Motte is okay but his style of play fits better in the bottom 6, same with Roussel. Bo needs a Robin since when healthy the team plays Boeser with Petey.

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

You know who they say was done? Jeff Skinner. This one we can all agree with. And now he is #2 in goals in the league and helping the Sabres make the playoffs. m

You seem to commoditize our players as well, its damaged, let's trade them away? Righteousness. 

Can't compare the 2.  Skinner has 233G and 421pts, compared to Baertschi's 63G and 133pts and they are both 26yrs old.  The difference is Skinner was always viewed as a top line player with top goal scoring ability, while Baertschi is a fringe top 6 on a weak team who has never scored 20G or 40pts.  Base on history you can't expect a resurgence of Baertschi like Skinner did.

It's also funny that Skinner played less than 70 games only twice in 8 years (and one of them was the lockout), while Baertschi never reached that plateau.

Trade him or not, I don't really care.  He doesn't have much value anyways, and I don't think he's in our long-term plans for our top 6 either, he's just a stopgap. 

7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

I remember saying we should trade for Skinner a couple years ago and everyone bashed me saying he'll never hit 30 again, his head isn't right, he's one injury away. Look at him now.

Baertschi is the only player on the team doing ANYTHING right now. Lets try something crazy and appreciate it for awhile.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Trade Baertschi before he's done
9 hours ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

If he gets injured he's done, this is a player who won't last in his league much longer.

Agreed.  I mean, the Hurricanes did the right thing with Skinner too

Guy was totally done.  Only on pace for 55 goals this year

Image result for jeff skinner

Archived