Sign in to follow this  
NuckForReal!!!

[Proposal] Trade Baertschi before he's done

Don't get me wrong I think Sven Baertschi is a useful player for the Canucks but he is one injury away from his career potentially being done and he's only 26 so it's a given he's going to get injured atleast another time in his NHL career. I think we should get value for him while he still has some and before he gets a potential career ending injury.

• Confused 1

He just came off of a significant concussion and every GM in the league knows this. He won't have any value right now. 

• Upvote 1

Why trade him??  He's like how Eriksson is on paper -- not afraid to go to the tight spots, somewhat of a two-way player, and he's on a value deal that we just signed him to recently.  Why can't we just let him, Bo and Brock do their thing??  Guys like Goldie and Loui aren't necessarily better options.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Why trade him??  He's like how Eriksson is on paper -- not afraid to go to the tight spots, somewhat of a two-way player, and he's on a value deal that we just signed him to recently.  Why can't we just let him, Bo and Brock do their thing??  Guys like Goldie and Loui aren't necessarily better options.

If he gets injured he's done, this is a player who won't last in his league much longer.

22 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

If he gets injured he's done, this is a player who won't last in his league much longer.

Other teams know this too though.  

Edited by The 5th Line
  • Upvote 1

most stupid post ever. wrong on so many levels. 

You know who they say was done? Jeff Skinner. This one we can all agree with. And now he is #2 in goals in the league and helping the Sabres make the playoffs. m

You seem to commoditize our players as well, its damaged, let's trade them away? Righteousness. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Upvote 1

Brock has had a couple of injuries already, same with OJ and EP.... time to trade them too.  Guys like them won't last in the NHL.  They are way too injury prone... especially EP40.... he's too small for any NHL.  The Canucks should trade him before he decides to flee back to Sweden.  

He has the most skill on the team behind Pettersson. If you think you're going to lose him in the expansion draft then you deal him, but if you have him on your team you keep him.

Oh how I missed these trade Baer threads. And by missed them was ecstatic in the fact they were no where to be found. I love Baer, but he has no value. He is coming off another concussion that'll have teams wary of giving up anything significant for him. And two, this team is better with him. We have NO ONE that would fit in that spot comfortably. Goldy looks sketchy. Eriksson is garbage. Motte is okay but his style of play fits better in the bottom 6, same with Roussel. Bo needs a Robin since when healthy the team plays Boeser with Petey.

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

most stupid post ever. wrong on so many levels. 

You know who they say was done? Jeff Skinner. This one we can all agree with. And now he is #2 in goals in the league and helping the Sabres make the playoffs. m

You seem to commoditize our players as well, its damaged, let's trade them away? Righteousness. 

Can't compare the 2.  Skinner has 233G and 421pts, compared to Baertschi's 63G and 133pts and they are both 26yrs old.  The difference is Skinner was always viewed as a top line player with top goal scoring ability, while Baertschi is a fringe top 6 on a weak team who has never scored 20G or 40pts.  Base on history you can't expect a resurgence of Baertschi like Skinner did.

It's also funny that Skinner played less than 70 games only twice in 8 years (and one of them was the lockout), while Baertschi never reached that plateau.

Trade him or not, I don't really care.  He doesn't have much value anyways, and I don't think he's in our long-term plans for our top 6 either, he's just a stopgap. 

Edited by timberz21
  • Like 1

Plays well - "TRADE HIM BEFORE HE'S DONE".

Plays poorly - "TRADE HIM HE'S A BUST".

Doesn't play - "TRADE HIM HE'S AS FRAGILE AS SALO" 

• Like 1

Though I agree with the idea of upgrading or at least replacing with a more rounded player, I think the Canucks have a pretty long laundry list of current players to deal with before they get to him.

MDZ, Pouliot, Schaller, even Granlund, did you watch him last night?  Then what to do with Edler and Tanev?    I think next season we will have to have a couple sacrificial lambs anyhow for the expansion draft, which is gonna cost no matter what. 

Speaking of picks and players Canucks might want to aquire an extra 1st rounder in 2020 to keep Seattle from cherry picking the roster, just a thought, which if Elder would be so kind to accomadate that scenario and allow a temp trade for a 1st then come back, we could be free and clear of Seattle setting us back.

Edited by chilliwiggins
  • Upvote 1

Much like Tanev (imo), I feel like Baer has more value to our team than he would on the trade market (due to his injury history).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

Much like Tanev (imo), I feel like Baer has more value to our team than he would on the trade market (due to his injury history).

Amazing how many can't grasp the above truth. I'd rather see Goldy or Sutter traded first. 

• Upvote 2