The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to get even with Matheson?

Nuke

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Matheson’s refusing, and allowing himself to be ragdolled only made our guys more aggressive and play even harder and better.  Matheson is a big boy, who only has one fight.  Clearly he has a fear of dropping his mittens.  He turned down Hutton!  Hutton is a muffin.  

I think what Roussel was yelling at him at the end was something along the lines of "look what you've done!" as he motioned from the bench to the mess of players posturing and wrestling at the end of the game. 

Perfect point to make by Roussel, if that was what he was saying. Mike, your wussing out and not standing accountable caused literal pain for your team mates. 

If Matherson had balls at all, he would have dropped them with Bo at the beginning. I was at the game, my Canucks pride grew two sizes that night seeing, Bo, Virt, Roussel, Hutton etc challenge him. Sutter smashed him pretty good with a clean hit, even Brock put him on his ass. 

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I think what Roussel was yelling at him at the end was something along the lines of "look what you've done!" as he motioned from the bench to the mess of players posturing and wrestling at the end of the game. 

Perfect point to make by Roussel, if that was what he was saying. Mike, your wussing out and not standing accountable caused literal pain for your team mates. 

If Matherson had balls at all, he would have dropped them with Bo at the beginning. I was at the game, my Canucks pride grew two sizes that night seeing, Bo, Virt, Roussel, Hutton etc challenge him. Sutter smashed him pretty good with a clean hit, even Brock put him on his ass. 

can you write that whole thing in Dr Seuse?

Making up Dr Suese poetry ahould be the next phase of trolling MM

Right off the hop on pop 

Bo asked "do you wanna drop?

MM 's heart shrank 2 sizes, he wished he could hide

then he replied

I shall not, will not can not, won't ever go with Bo

I'd like to be home , safe under my bed

I can't believe MAtheson thought his antics were working against the Canucks. i love how he says' They were running around all night, going out of position trying to hit me". 

Hhhhmmmm all I remember that game was Lou Bailing there a55es out all night long. Didn't look like anyone was out of position going after Matheson.  

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Matheson’s refusing, and allowing himself to be ragdolled only made our guys more aggressive and play even harder and better.  Matheson is a big boy, who only has one fight.  Clearly he has a fear of dropping his mittens.  He turned down Hutton!  Hutton is a muffin.  

Hutton would have dropped him. Ben can actually handle himself quite well, as he went toe to toe with Devante Smith-Pelly and came out with a draw. Matheson is a weasel.

He's also taken on Eric Gryba and Cedric Paquette.

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

I can't believe MAtheson thought his antics were working against the Canucks. i love how he says' They were running around all night, going out of position trying to hit me". 

Hhhhmmmm all I remember that game was Lou Bailing there a55es out all night long. Didn't look like anyone was out of position going after Matheson.  

Matheson is a guy trying to convince others (and likely himself too) that his actions weren’t cowardly.  His teammates must be utterly disgusted with his lack of willingness to fight for his team, and their reputation.  Florida has some really good pieces, and should clearly be doing better.  This lack of toughness and locker room cohesion/respect for one another could certainly be why.  

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hutton would have dropped him. Ben can handle himself quite well, as he went toe to toe with Devante Smith-Pelly and came out with a draw. Matheson is a weasel.

I didn’t know Hutton could fight that well.  He’s a rock hard three day old muffin.  :towel:

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

That he'd expect his own team to do the same and that he was trying to throw them off their game by refusing....  

Throwing.  That's about all he knows.

Oh wait...he can dig, too.  Does he need a shovel to make the hole deeper?

Quit while you're ahead.   If this was his plan, it backfired badly.

I'll have a go.

I am Mike. I am Mike. Mike-I-Am.

That Mike-I-Am! That Mike-I-Am! I do not like that Mike-I-Am

(He's a boar, his play is poor

Wrestles others to the floor)

Do you like guys who can score?

I do not like them, Mike the Boar
I do not like those guys who score.

Would you like them here or there?

I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like those guys who score
I do not like them, Mike the boar

Would you like them on the ice?
Would you promise to play nice?

I do not like them on the ice
I will not promise to play nice
I do not like them here or there.
I do not like them anywhere.
I do not like those guys who score
I do not like them, Mike the boar.

(This could be fun.  Nexxxxt...)

1200px-20160208054949%21Wildschein%2C_N%

The team showed everybody the right way to handle this situation in the modern NHL.

They won the game.

They let MM (and the Panthers and the whole NHL) know they will not accept actions like a throat slam to any player and especially not a rookie phenom.

There is no doubt that they knew what they were doing, even if TG did not talk about retribution at all, by not taking any stupid penalties and still roughing the $^^@#% up pretty good.

They got all this done without serios injury to anyone and therefore no league-wide condemnation, suspensions, penalties, lawsuits, etc.

They moved MM even further into the "lead" for worst plus-minus in the NHL.

I was calling for old-style retribution (without the unfortunate Bertuzzi results on that other unmentionable crap-ass, barely make the league dung heap).

I am old.  I was a season ticket holder for the Prince George Mohawks Senior Men's team that beat the $&!#e out of everybody to win the entire country championship (and everything along the way).

I was one of those fans cheering for Bert to catch that lawyering snot rag and give it to him and cheering when he did.

I have a couple copies of Slapshot cuz i just love that movie and it sorta captured the PG Mohawks of that era.

I used to buy all of Cherry's rock'em sock'em tapes and had them in the same collection as Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits.

But I gotta admit.

This team showed me the way to do it in the modern NHL.

That game was a thing of beauty, even to a dinosaur like me.

Right from the start, the leaders, Bo and Sutter and Beagle and Roussel and others led the way.

Fight clean now, or absord everything coming your way that we're gonna give you short of taking a penalty.

Still get the 2 points, still in a wild card race.

It was all good.

Even got the announcers on our side.

Looked like the rest of the Panthers understood.

The refs got it, even old Don Cherry got it.

Perfect game.

Very nicely done.

So now Matheson says he respects the Canucks for sticking up for their teammate and challenging him and he expects his team to do the same thing 

so he “respects” the fact the challenges his but has no issues with being a coward? And now he rationalize labor by saying it was hedging the play and would have costed his team an offensive chance? What a wimp

hey Matheson, news flash....,the blow the play dead when a fight starts and from I could see the puck was NOWHERE near our end when the challenges occurred 

what a pussy coward 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hutton would have destroyed Matheson 

don’t sell Hutton short, he can throw them 

Hahaha just notices Domi took abroughing penalty among with Matheson and Domi received an extra minor 

have not not seen it yet by my guess is Domi was attempting to kill him? 

matheson is quickly ceoming the new pussy rat of the NHL l. Would have loved to have Domi destroy him 

Archived