The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to get even with Matheson?

Nuke

Now if he was Gordie Howe, he would wait up to 2 years, but then he was a bull, nobody could beat him "dancing".

The time for retaliation was when it happened, I expect the announcers will inflate every close hit and I do expect Jake, Roussel and maybe, maybe Guddy to push him a round a bit. He will likely have the traditional fight, with Jake, Granlund or Motte (that will indicate Green's instructions), a few rounds on the dance floor and a big hug to finish.

Nothing dirty, no need.

Not against Guddy skating up and requesting a tussle though.  He could politely point out that the Canucks missed the infraction last game and if Matheson would be so kind as to accept a dance?

Then I would like Erik to once again unleash a Ngannou-esq upper cut and pop this kids head like a pez dispenser. :angry:

franis-ngannou-alistair-overeem-887429.jpg.edfea4282c993eacddd6e74e68a9f708.jpg

9 hours ago, Nuke said:

Couple of days left until Matheson get to eat some ice, or....?

Time to make a statement? Will TG give orders? Hardly I think, he seems too political correct....

I have a feeling if Pettersson is playing that he is going to find his own way to get back at Matheson. Sorry Louie.

6 hours ago, GreyHatnDart said:

I’d prefer to “get even” by laying the body on him a few times and getting a big 2 points. 

Did anyone not see Beagle come to Virtanen’s defence last night? We have pushback on this team and they stand up for each other. While I’d love to see guys punch opponents faces in for breathing on our better players, it’s just not really the way the league is played anymore. 

Sorry but Beagle is one of the only players who consistently stands up for his teammates. Barely anyone else on this team does. Pretty sad when you see your star goal scorer (Boeser) stand up for his teammates more than the rest of the team. I’m also pretty over Guddy, he barely hits and when he does they’re usually pretty soft. He has maybe one big hit a month. He’s got a fiancé and doesn’t want to fight or play physical anymore. If that’s the case there isn’t much need for him, Biega is better and actually plays aggressive. Don’t even really care if he’s fights but not one face wash or bodychek from him to Matheson, Kotaniemi or the Ottawa player who all went after EP. 

Just now, Elias_Pettersson said:

Sorry but Beagle is one of the only players who consistently stands up for his teammates. Barely anyone else on this team does. Pretty sad when you see your star goal scorer (Boeser) stand up for his teammates more than the rest of the team. I’m also pretty over Guddy, he barely hits and when he does they’re usually pretty soft. He has maybe one big hit a month. He’s got a fiancé and doesn’t want to fight or play physical anymore. If that’s the case there isn’t much need for him, Biega is better and actually plays aggressive. Don’t even really care if he’s fights but not one face wash or bodychek from him to Matheson, Kotaniemi or the Ottawa player who all went after EP. 

You must’ve misread my post. I was pointing out the fact that he did in fact come to Virtanen’s defence. 

2 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

You must’ve misread my post. I was pointing out the fact that he did in fact come to Virtanen’s defence. 

“We have pushback on the team and they stand up for eachother” I said Beagle is pretty much the only one that does, but don’t agree with that part about the rest of the team. 

@smithers joe I noticed your confused emoto.

Francis Ngannouis a UFC fighter, he has the hardest recorded punch on the planet. His speciality is his upper cut. In the picture he is knocking out  the veteran Alistair Overeem.

I used that pic and punch as a reference to the upper cuts that Guddy has used this year, a couple times. Once breaking a jaw.

I'm a fight fan, always impressed when technique makes it on to the ice, such as Rypier's boxing or Juice's superman punches.

I apologize if you found my post crude or mean. I wouldn't want Matheson hurt....well, maybe just a bit.:ph34r:

Pettersson is out with another injury not even related to Matheson. No defending Matheson here, but look at how Pettersson plays the game. He pisses off other players with skill no boubt. But check his game; after a hit, after the play... Pettersson is arrogant and attracts retribution from other players. Finally saw it against Montreal. You can get away with the little things he does in the Swedish league; however, not in the NHL where Pettersson is attracting retribution against him.

I just hope he beefs up before he gets a career ending hit on him or plays a bit more with respect for other, lesser skilled players, which incidentally, is almost every other player in the league.

16 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Pettersson is out with another injury not even related to Matheson. No defending Matheson here, but look at how Pettersson plays the game. He pisses off other players with skill no boubt. But check his game; after a hit, after the play... Pettersson is arrogant and attracts retribution from other players. Finally saw it against Montreal. You can get away with the little things he does in the Swedish league; however, not in the NHL where Pettersson is attracting retribution against him.

I just hope he beefs up before he gets a career ending hit on him or plays a bit more with respect for other, lesser skilled players, which incidentally, is almost every other player in the league.

I disagree, I see it as calm confidence. He barely raises his hands after he scores and hardly has a bad word to say about anyone who has gone after him.

He is looking like a generational talent. Few on this planet can appreciate and understand that level of ability. 

His attitude is fine, he just needs a back up.

22 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Confident? Yes. Arrogant? No.

22 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

They shouldn't bother with Matheson.  They should go after Barkov and let the Panthers know that if they try anything like that again then Huberdeau is next.

Barkov could hold his own. We would look foolish going after him. Huberdeau should be the primary target if this were the case. With that said, we shouldn't be going after anyone in retribution. Just play a hard energetic game in general and if there's a good look at a hit on Matheson, then make it happen. Either way he was suspended for the play and it's time to move on if not already.

Archived