therodigy

[GDT] Panthers vs Canucks -- Retribution edition?

Rate this topic

If we don’t answer that pos Matheson that will confirm, for once and for all, that we are a Pussy team that sits by and allows it’s stars to be picked off one by one 

I want revenge and won’t mind one bit if Matheson ends up in a pool of his own blood. He needs to be held accountable by the Canucks for what he did

make him pay boys!!!! .... end his pathetic career 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Confused 1

We need forwards that hit.

Slot Biega in for a game.

and MDZ, bash time baby

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

I am sure not many days go by and Todd wouldn't do everything in his power to take that one play out of his history. I am sure we all have a moment or a place in time we would like a do-over. And to me that was the darkest day for the Canucks. AND ALSO ONE OF THE LONGEST SUSPENSIONS EVER HANDED OUT! It ruined a chance at the cup! Not saying they would have won, but that team never recovered from that dark shadow. Its really sad any fan could put up that image as a target for a follow up. How about a good old fashioned tilt! And Todd never was the same player again, He lost his power forward status! 

• Upvote 4

I hope the fans start chatting "settle the score" if the canucks don't do anything. Also booing them in Rogers Arena would be something forcing their hand to go out and man up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mll said:

There's been some changes to the lines at practice today.  Hutton-Gudbranson has also been broken up.  Leivo could return but Pettersson has been ruled out.

Hutton-Gudbranson broken up, even Hollywood marriages don't last that long. Gawd they were awful together!

Edited by 6string
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shaelon said:

Tomorrow's playoff implications:

WPG Beats ANA in regulation*

VAN beats FLA in any fashion

CGY beats ARI in regulation

This scenario ensures that Vancouver will tie MIN for WC2 and only be 1 pt back of WC1. But MIN will have 3 games in hand on Vancouver still.

Your updates are appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately for me I'll miss the game.

I might not even watch it late tomorrow because I want to see Matheson get choke-slammed, but I don't think the Canucks are gonna do a thing other than skate by him a bunch of times.

Dump every puck in on his side and hit him, at the very least. Please

Edited by luckylager
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks should not goon it up versus Matheson.

He was given a suspension, the league took action.

Canucks should certainly take any opportunity to legally paste him into the boards... Jake would be a good candidate to inflict some hits.

But as far as deliberately targeting him with dirty plays... or having Gudbranson provoke a fight...  no.

I think this is the right call. Turning into goons is not a strategy and, more generally, I don't want the NHL to move back toward the goon mentality.

But I do want the Canucks to respond to cheap shots. While I don't want to see dirty hits and sucker punches, I do want to see guys who take liberties pay a price - getting pasted into the boards with legal or at least boderline legal hits is a good start. And a straight up fight would be okay. Among other things I think it helps morale when players see other guys sticking up for them.

1 hour ago, mll said:

There's been some changes to the lines at practice today.  Hutton-Gudbranson has also been broken up.  Leivo could return but Pettersson has been ruled out.

Glad to see Hutton and Guddy being broken up, as I mentioned in another thread. In the numbers, Pouliot and Guddy have actually been ok together last year and this year and, playing on the third pairing, should not give up too much. And I think Stecher can handle second paring duties. I think he gets underrated.

33 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Gaudette a scratch?? What in the..

29 minutes ago, mll said:

If Leivo is ready to return they need to make a roster move.  It looks like he would be sent down.  

He needs to play and can't have Schaller's role of sitting in the pressbox.

Yes, mll no doubt has the right call. If Leivo is ready to play Gaudette probably gets sent down.

Personally I would rather see Gaudette in the line-up in place of Eriksson or Granlund. But I agree that Eriksson is probably marginally more valuable as a player right now. Also, if the team kept Gaudette with Leivo healthy, the team would have to put someone on waivers,

But after scoring against Arizona, it would be nice to see if Gaudette can keep things going.

• Upvote 2

Don't want a Moore incident, but I expect something done to Matheson. Dump the puck in, land a big hit. Challenge him to a fight at the faceoff dot. The usual hockey stuff. Gotta send that message, especially if our scoring is going to be dependent upon 19-23 y/os.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Unfortunately for me I'll miss the game.

I might not even watch it late tomorrow because I want to see Matheson get choke-slammed, but I don't think the Canucks are gonna do a thing other than skate by him a bunch of times.

Dump every puck in on his side and hit him, at the very least. Please

Absolutely the right call. No need to get into a fight. Just dump the pick on his side and staple him to the boards with a legal hit. Rinse and repeat.

One other line-up note. I would like to see Demko start. He has been with the team long enough to be reminded of the systems (and Utica is pretty similar in any case) and I don't think it helps him to stay out of game action for too long. If he is going to be the backup the rest of the way, he needs to play sometime.

Also, Marky was not sharp against Arizona. Stepping back and sitting on the bench for a game occasionally seems to help him. And, as Florida is a below-average team, they might be a good choice for Demko to face first time out. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Don't want a Moore incident, but I expect something done to Matheson. Dump the puck in, land a big hit. Challenge him to a fight at the faceoff dot. The usual hockey stuff. Gotta send that message, especially if our scoring is going to be dependent upon 19-23 y/os.

Not just the age, the size, name every outstanding dman that is 5'8| to 5'9", any Norris candidates ever that small. Krug didn't finish the playoffs due to injury.

• Hydration 1