Sign in to follow this  
therodigy

[GDT] Panthers vs Canucks -- Retribution edition?

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

The reaction in here is overboard

Like many have said - it is time to retaliate  legal hitz - make him hurt - take no penalties 

But to go out and seriously injure another player intentionally is wrong -  the league suspended him

Play him hard but play him clean

Focus on their game but play him hard, Jake or Roussel land in a couple hits. I think the Killer B line will have a strong game. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

If we don’t answer that pos Matheson that will confirm, for once and for all, that we are a Pussy team that sits by and allows it’s stars to be picked off one by one 

I want revenge and won’t mind one bit if Matheson ends up in a pool of his own blood. He needs to be held accountable by the Canucks for what he did

make him pay boys!!!! .... end his pathetic career 

Hmm.. seems a bit over the top given that he threw a scrawny kid to the ice after being deked out of his jock-strap. It`s a mans league. No need for ending players careers because your darling got tossed on his head. If you think you shall waltz in at 165 lbs and embarrasss players without a target on your back it`s time to get real. It`s the NHL.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

If the league feels they have to "watch" then that likely indicates a realization that they didn't do enough.

If they really want to deter people from body slamming to the ice, it would be a 10 game suspension.  20. 

I've settled for something rather than nothing but, really, it speaks volumes that they don't feel this is over or resolved.  That was in their hands.  This guy being able to play us "next game" was the league's decision.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Moore sure as hell never cheapshotted anyone after he got what he deserved.

Neither did 44.

34 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Neither did 44.

Yep.  That was just a nightmare, start to finish.  Sad for all parties involved and yet...the league has learned little because we're still here discussing it. 

This time, in a situation that was initiated by a body slam.   Really?

This league really is playing with fire and is still inconsistent.    A two game suspension is something, but it's not too much of a deterrent.  Clearly, they recognize this as they feel a need to monitor the situation (again).  Last time they did that, it ended up disastrous. 

Remember, Hansen got a game for this so two games for a body slam hardly seems sufficient in context to that

Yes, it's the NHL where star players can be cheap shotted behind the play with little consequence. It's open season on some team's stars, thanks NHL. Your self destructing because of your own corruption. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

IF the league hadn't dealt with Matheson I would have been ok with cheap shots against him as payback. But the DOPS actually did right. That said, EVERY Panther out there should be hit hard and clean whenever they have the puck. Not going to happen but would be nice. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, groovy said:

Hmm.. seems a bit over the top given that he threw a scrawny kid to the ice after being deked out of his jock-strap. It`s a mans league. No need for ending players careers because your darling got tossed on his head. If you think you shall waltz in at 165 lbs and embarrasss players without a target on your back it`s time to get real. It`s the NHL.

Yet another person who has never played the game therefore can’t relate 

it not how it appears from your sofa 

there is a code to the game 

• Hydration 2

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Moore sure as hell never cheapshotted anyone after he got what he deserved.

Moore's  $68 million lawsuit was a bit of a cheap shot after his display of cowardice.

Almost the day the code started to crumble.

33 minutes ago, groovy said:

WHAT?! Body slamming a player to the ice is NOT a hockey play dude. That kind of play has no business outside of a WWE ring. If that was a clean play Matheson would not have been suspended. Get real. 

• Like 2

Remember, too...this isn't an issue just pertaining to our team.

Other stars are being targeted (and complaining).  McDavid, Gaudreau, etc.  Sidney's had to endure crap that could impact him later on in life.  As "the best", he's been one of the poster boys for the league.  Maybe they need to start doing before and afters like they're doing on FB.

The league has two things they can do:  pretend to care or actually  care.

If they lose some of these big names, what do you think the result will be?  My guess is some who watch FOR their amazing play may tune out and not care anymore.  Petey's a huge draw for our bandwagoners who'd all but checked out.

This game, for me, is about winning but also I do want a physical game.  If, for nothing more, to leave the Panthers feeling it.  To remember that a 165 lb guy has friends who go to battle with/for him.

I don't ever want to see dirty, cheap plays.  Sadly, I'm still being subjected to them.  Our team is above that...but not so far that they can afford to ignore it.  There's a right way and a wrong way.  I'm hoping to see a message delivered the right way.  (I, too, am not holding my breath though).

• Upvote 1

So we are looking for Beagle, Virt, Roussel, Gudbranson to challenge Matheson, but we will likely get Bo or Brock doing the deed.

And I am okay with that. 

37 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Yes, it's the NHL where star players can be cheap shotted behind the play with little consequence. It's open season on some team's stars, thanks NHL. Your self destructing because of your own corruption. 

So if Petey can't play in the All-Star game?   There goes a big draw.  I've seen him in the clips that the NHL promotes hockey with. 

Time to protect THEIR asset, not just ours.

Two games was an acknowlegement to me.  Not really adequate punishment, in that it will serve as a deterrent.  

I'm excited but slightly anxious for this game.   Hope Bearcheese continues to shine...one of my favs. 

• Like 1

There is only 2 guys on the team that MAY go after Matheson and fight him, Gudbranson or Roussel. I wish Virtanen had more snarl in his game and was willing to drop the gloves. That may come still I guess, but lets hope everytime Matheson touches the puck the Canuck F goes right at him and hits him.

One thing I know for sure, the crowd will likely BOO him every time he touches the puck.

The team likely plays the game and goes on the old mantra of keep it clean and get the 2 points that will show em....

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

I would just love to see every Canuck finish their checks today. I went to a Victoria Royals game last night and even though they lost to a great team, the Royals has so many strong hits every time they could. It made for some very refreshing hockey.

That’s my issue with having both Goldobin and Baer in the same line up. Neither one likes to touch the opposition and it really impacts the toughness of our lineup. They’re both very similar players in my mind, even though Baer is a step up defensively and with consistency.  We need to play with more of an edge throughout our lineup. Even Pettersson hits and pushes back now and then.

Edited by Slegr
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly it's pretty simple to me. Fine make legal big hits against all Panthers and wear them down but more importantly play solid hockey and make sure you W first. I'm not bothered about someone dropping the gloves on Matheson. 

I honestly don't think anyone will "go after" him.   But I do think that, given the opportunity and if he should step out of line, at all, that it'll be a green light.  I don't feel our team will initiate anything but better react if need be.  No rubbing salt in the wounds cockiness crap from the Panthers is acceptable at this point.

People tend to forget in the previous incident that went terribly sideways that the Avs were hardly innocent and did a lot of that (rubbing salt in the wounds and goading).  It wasn't like they weren't engaged in the process.  Nothing warranted the response that was issued, however, emotions came into play.  It just needs to never happen again.