Sign in to follow this  
therodigy

[GDT] Panthers vs Canucks -- Retribution edition?

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

And Bertuzzi effectively ended his career in Vancouver and our chances of a Playoff run.

And that’s how we got Luongo, who will be possibly playing his last NHL game in front of Canuck fans. Funny how it all works out.

4 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I know we all collectively hated Michael F%#!land when he played for the Flames, but with his ability to finish, hit, and fight with the heavyweights... who else wouldn't mind if the canucks targeted him this offseason? 

I’m all for Ferland. He’s exactly the kind of player the Canucks are missing. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Find it rather interesting that this is the new poster boy for their team?  Sure, ok.  Fuel to the fire stuff. 

-21 ... sure, stud.

image.png

I think some photo shop wiz needs to put a table in his hands and a belt around his waist.  Maybe Vince McMahon in the background beside Bettman?  Toni?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I’m all for Ferland. He’s exactly the kind of player the Canucks are missing. 

Even I can't argue with this.  Despite having done so in the past.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Even I can't argue with this.  Despite having done so in the past.

He’s an effective player and there is no arguing it. He’s what you want in the playoffs too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Thanks Mll. I think that speaks volumes about Horvat - that guy needs to hit. Boeser gets a free pass in my mind because he's elite sniper status, but Horvat is supposed to be captain material. He wins faceoffs... and is consistent with 2nd line scoring abilities.. but he really needs to hit more. 

See, thing is...I want no "free passes".   I want the entire team to adopt the take no prisoners mentality and be able to take the heat when in the kitchen.  I mean, to some degree.  Petey certainly doesn't feel he's above it, so no one should.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

If the league feels they have to "watch" then that likely indicates a realization that they didn't do enough.

If they really want to deter people from body slamming to the ice, it would be a 10 game suspension.  20. 

I've settled for something rather than nothing but, really, it speaks volumes that they don't feel this is over or resolved.  That was in their hands.  This guy being able to play us "next game" was the league's decision.  

They are watching because a couple Vancouver players opened their mouth after the first Florida game. 

The league got the suspension right.  

9.8 times out of 10 that play isn’t being looked at.   He got a few games.  

Good enough and move on.  

10-20 games is ridiculous.   

Like I said earlier.  Play him clean and hard.   

These people wishing for vengeance are gross. 

15 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

They are watching because a couple Vancouver players opened their mouth after the first Florida game. 

The league got the suspension right.  

9.8 times out of 10 that play isn’t being looked at.   He got a few games.  

Good enough and move on.  

10-20 games is ridiculous.   

Like I said earlier.  Play him clean and hard.   

These people wishing for vengeance are gross. 

What team doesn't though?   Open their mouths?   Trash talking isn't usually something the league "follows".  Besides, I'm unsure as to what you're referring to.  Do you have quotes or a reference?  I actually challenge this statement as false because I heard the opposite.

I don't see "that play" happen.  So it doesn't get looked at because, well, not many blindside body slams happen.

Gross is attacking another player...a rookie... this way.   Puck isn't even in the vicinity.   But we can agree to disagree.  Just don't defend this crap like it's hockey...it's predatory, dirty and has no place in the game.   The league seemed to agree with that...I'm just not sure they're doing enough to actually eliminate it.
image.png

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

What team doesn't though?   Open their mouths?   Trash talking isn't usually something the league "follows".  Besides, I'm unsure as to what you're referring to.  Do you have quotes or a reference?  I actually challenge this statement as false because I heard the opposite.

I don't see "that play" happen.  So it doesn't get looked at because, well, not many blindside body slams happen.

Gross is attacking another player...a rookie... this way.  But we can agree to disagree.

It was a choke slam. Sheesh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

If the league feels they have to "watch" then that likely indicates a realization that they didn't do enough.

If they really want to deter people from body slamming to the ice, it would be a 10 game suspension.  20. 

I've settled for something rather than nothing but, really, it speaks volumes that they don't feel this is over or resolved.  That was in their hands.  This guy being able to play us "next game" was the league's decision.  

I'd be Ok with the offender being suspended until the injured player is able to return the ice.

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

I'd be Ok with the offender being suspended until the injured player is able to return the ice.

I have suggested that very thing.  It makes too much sense though.

14 minutes ago, Canorth said:

The problem is when you have guys like Hossa, Horton who fake injuries when someone so much as breathes on them.  How do you handle that situation?

Edited by King Heffy

51 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I know we all collectively hated Michael F%#!land when he played for the Flames, but with his ability to finish, hit, and fight with the heavyweights... who else wouldn't mind if the canucks targeted him this offseason? 

Ferland wants Wilson type money

ferland 5x5, yay or nay? 

The edge of Petey's skate catches  a Florida player's skate causing the Floridian to fall. The Florida guy gets a concussion and never plays again. Still think it is a good idea  to match the suspension to the injury time off?

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is when you have guys like Hossa, Horton who fake injuries when someone so much as breathes on them.  How do you handle that situation?

Sure they may dive and fake injuries to for penalties during the game but I doubt they'd take it so far as to sit out games.

Just now, Canorth said:

Sure they may dive and fake injuries to for penalties during the game but I doubt they'd take it so far as to sit out games.

Horton did in the SCF and Hossa did after the Hansen play and is now faking an equipment allergy.  It happens.

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

Ferland wants Wilson type money

ferland 5x5, yay or nay? 

I would do that deal, we have paid big to fill other roles on our team. Whats 5m to protect your 10-13m franchise player?

1 minute ago, Canorth said:

Sounds like Eriksson is starting to get a reaction from his equipment now too....only if eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Horton did in the SCF and Hossa did after the Hansen play and is now faking an equipment allergy.  It happens.

I did not know that. 

Equipment alergy? Surely you jest