The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] TDL/play off spot. Who stays.

9 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Shipped out: (NHL)

Markus Granlund, Michael Del Zotto.

Brought up: (AHL/NCAA)

Zack MacEwan, Quinn Hughes.

Other move options:

Sam Gagner, Nikolaj Goldobin, Derrick Pouliot, Erik Gudbranson, Brandon Sutter. 

Last 3 are likely kept for remainder of the season could be off season moves. 

Don't forget Schaller on that list. These are all arguably expendable pieces. Not that easy to move that many bodies. We are one big piece up front and one on defence away from being serious contenders. I believe will have to come from free agency.The rest of the holes can be filled with our depth and prospects. All these changes wont happen before this year's playoffs even if we make it. We weren't supposed to be there anyway,remember what the experts all said. If we do let the guys that got us there give it there best shot. I am confident managment is getting a good idea of what needs to be done this off season. Have faith and be patient.

I think you can sell but still make a run

i mean does selling Del zotto, granlund or goldobin really drive a steak through the hearts of Canucks playoff hopes? Nope...I’m fact it probably increases our chances at the playoffs

as much as we’d all love to have the Hughes Bros, we know that’s a pipe dreams. Acquire a few picks so you can guarantee yourself a quantity of picks cause we all know you can’t guarantee yourself a “quality” pick 

BUT if they hit a tail spin then all bets are off and I’d really try to move edler 

5 hours ago, coolboarder said:

I felt that MDZ could be traded for a picks or prospects and we can always call-up AHL for permanent role as a 7-8 D like Brisebois.  Goldobin might not work out with the way he is playing under Green but he could get better with time if he continue to work with his game.  So I see two of those players could be traded away for something in return even if we solidify our playoff position.  Other than that, the roster looking solid.

Sitting Brisebois in the pressbox does nothing for his development.  Gaudette got returned because they wanted him to play and not sit in the pressbox.   Making the playoffs in Utica is also important for development.  

9 hours ago, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

I hate this season.. EP ruined it. It was supposed to be a rebuild then EP comes in eats our cake, takes our significant other, and goes outta this world to put us in a playoff race. 

But I would like a more solid shutdown grinder on EP on line not for protection but able to give EP more room and others as well.

I think thats what's really missing. Roussel is a great pest but no shut down grinder so maybe ship out Schaller or Poo for someone like Zach Smith.

Michael Ferland would be nice 

15 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Shipped out: (NHL)

Markus Granlund, Michael Del Zotto.

Yup. Hopefully Granlund can pot a few more here and catch the attention of a rival GM. If we keep Sutter, Granlund's spot will have to go to Gaudette next year.

Brought up: (AHL/NCAA)

Zack MacEwan, Quinn Hughes.

Zack has deserved a call up for a while now but there's really no rush with him, his development has gone perfectly. It's not a matter of if, but when. Look for him to get a call up at some point after the TDL. Management will want him to get a taste of the NHL, but MacEwan's chance for a full time roster spot will come next season.

Other move options:

Sam Gagner, Nikolaj Goldobin, Derrick Pouliot, Erik Gudbranson, Brandon Sutter. 

I see us keeping Guddy and Sutter for now. They have a bit of term left, so there's no rush.

Gagner, Goldobin, Pouliot (and MDZ) are the most likely to be dealt this season. Although, Goldobin is worth hanging on to IMO. His trade value is low and his value to the team is so much more if Green can ever get him to turn things around. So I'd hold onto him another year even if it meant losing him on waivers next season if he doesn't pan out.

Archived