The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

3 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

canucks should be all over this. What can the Canucks give that the oilers would take? 

I find that the Oilers problems are not unlike ours..  how can they find a problem with the potential in their group of forwards and not their D core.

They do not have a No. 1 D man either.

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Maybe Sutter would want to go back to Alberta, and they can stop pretending like the want to play Draisatil at centre away from McDavid

Sutter would be a huge help to them for sure, but it would also flush our chances at the last wild card spot if we improved them that much, imo.

I'd prefer to see a smaller deal, maybe Goldy for Bear or  Schaller for the 3rd round pick they have from NYI. 

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I find that the Oilers problems are not unlike ours..  how can they find a problem with the potential in their group of forwards and not their D core.

They do not have a No. 1 D man either.

Despite having two of the highest scorers in the league, the oilers are 24th in goals per game. Their secondary scoring is non existent. They need legitimate top 6 wingers more than anything else

Sutter for a 1st (and some cap back) sounds promising. Although I don't know if JB wants to move Sutter right now.

Sutter would be Hitch's dream, and frees up Draisaitl to play wing with McDavid. It would have a pretty significant ripple effect on their team. We could definitely use an extra first in our draft next year.

The only forwards we have that are an improvement on what they already have is Boeser and Baer, so I doubt there's a deal to be had between two divisional rivals. I wonder if they go in on Stone if Ottawa and Stone can't work out a deal. It's crazy how this is the team that had Eberle and Hall at one point. 

3 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Sutter for a 1st (and some cap back) sounds promising. Although I don't know if JB wants to move Sutter right now.

Sutter would be Hitch's dream, and frees up Draisaitl to play wing with McDavid. It would have a pretty significant ripple effect on their team. We could definitely use an extra first in our draft next year.

the chances of Jim trading Sutter to the team right behind us in the standings is remote, it would have to be an immediate improvement for us, and they don't have anyone like that they can give up in return. 

Archived