The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

That would be a perfect marble statue lol. NJ should erect one for chia giving them Taylor Hall.

Seriously, how come this guy still has his job?  He's made a series of disastrous trades, that will hurt the Oilers for years to come.  Yes the Hall for Larsen deal was terrible, but that Griffin Reinhardt deal might be even worse.  They gave up (basically) Barzel, and more for a guy who got waived out of the league!  

Just now, SilentSam said:

Funny,.  That’s what @WHL rocks said when I suggested we try to get Erik Gudbranson from the Panthers.

You're so right @SilentSam

It's very hard to find a guy, like Guddy, who can actually play, and be a physically intimidating force.  I think Luongo and Mitchell were shocked (like WHL rocks) that we got Guddy too!!!  :towel:

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Despite having two of the highest scorers in the league, the oilers are 24th in goals per game. Their secondary scoring is non existent. They need legitimate top 6, wingers more than anything else.

No, as said above your post, they don't have a #1 defense guy, nor a #1 goaltender. They've allowed close to 10 goals against more than the Canucks, despite playing fewer games. All of those low first round picks, sure worked for them. They should have been contenders before McDavid was drafted, but I've never seen a franchise screw things up so badly.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You're so right @SilentSam

It's very hard to find a guy, like Guddy, who can actually play, and be a physically intimidating force.  I think Luongo and Mitchell were shocked (like WHL rocks) that we got Guddy too!!!  :towel:

All depends on the hormonal levels of some GM’s these days Alf..   Florida’s Managment back then was trying to be rocket scientists..

I see the Oilers management as a Sanford and Son Re-run..

Big Dummy!

Just now, combover said:

Gagme  for a 3rd,

beacheese for a 2nd

sutter and goldie for a 1st.

mdz for free

Gagme is not getting us a third.  It might cost us to dump that guy.

MDZ will get us a pick.

Baer is not getting traded.

Sutter and Goldy to the Flyers for Ghost would be nice. :emot-parrot:

Canucks are in the playoff hunt everybody they’d want we likely won’t move right now. I mean they might go cheap and look at options like a Goldobin but the return can’t be more than a 2nd or b prospect I’d think. Maybe Benning could move Granlund. I just think Edmonton would want guys like Sutter and Baertschi and with where we are in the standings those guys likely aren’t for sale.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gagme is not getting us a third.  It might cost us to dump that guy.

MDZ will get us a pick.

Baer is not getting traded.

Sutter and Goldy to the Flyers for Ghost would be nice. :emot-parrot:

It’s the oilers, you don’t what they’ll if you don’t sell it. 

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Funny,.  That’s what @WHL rocks said when I suggested we try to get Erik Gudbranson from the Panthers.

Irrelevant, but if it makes you feel superior then fly at er. Couple things, first off the proposal is ridiculous and secondly the oilers WANT forwards. Strange why they would trade LD especially for what you offered. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

This cracks me up. A team that has McDavid, Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Lucic, Kassian and Puljujarvi are looking for more offence. lol

This sounds like a perfect time to trade Goldobin or Sutter 

Lucic, Kassian and Puljujarvi have a grand total of 8 goals between them and have all spent some games playing on McDavid's line........Loui Eriksson has 8 goals by himself. Just let that sink in for a moment.........I think they have pretty good reasons for looking for additional offense.

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Lucic, Kassian and Puljujarvi have a grand total of 8 goals between them and have all spent some games playing on McDavid's line........Loui Eriksson has 8 goals by himself. Just let that sink in for a moment.........I think they have pretty good reasons for looking for additional offense.

well then LE to oilers for their first and poolparty. come on chia you know you want to.

37 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

No, as said above your post, they don't have a #1 defense guy, nor a #1 goaltender. They've allowed close to 10 goals against more than the Canucks, despite playing fewer games. All of those low first round picks, sure worked for them. They should’ve been contenders and never drafted McDavid, but I've never seen a franchise screw things up so badly.

Ftfy

Archived