The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sergei Bobrovsky willing to waive NTC

3 minutes ago, Zach Parise said:

dont see it happening at TDL but maybe in offseason. If it did happen, I would assume Simmonds+1st going back

CBJ would be the first NHL franchise to have multiple black players on an NHL franchise in the same season

13 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Again, oilers are gonna be all over this. Talbot and a 1st here we go. 

I doubt they will have the cap space to make it work. They will have to give up a ton of assets to shed cap. And besides Koskinen has been decent for them, but they need significant improvement in forward depth/secondary scoring and defense.

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think they'll go after a solid, veteran tandem guy to play with Hart but they're not going to spend $7m+ on Bob.

If it would only cost about 7-8 million on Bobrovsky, I might take a flyer on him for the Canucks. I know we have Demko, but having the insurance of an actual legit goalie is going to be big if we expect to have young dmen and more young forwards getting into the lineup. Although Markstrom's play of late and with the excitement of Demko, I am wavering a bit on the idea. I just want good goaltending for this team either way.

Reuniting Ian Clark and Bobrovsky might not be a bad thing with a couple of Vezinas together. However it sounds like from some that he might be looking at 9-10 million and in that case I would pass. There's also that Russian factor as well and our not so great track record with them.

19 minutes ago, Doubt Tea said:

dont see it happening at TDL but maybe in offseason. If it did happen, I would assume Simmonds+1st going back

CBJ would be the first NHL franchise to have multiple black players on an NHL franchise in the same season

What about the Jets with Buff and Kane? Or the time the Thrashers tried to trade for all the black players thinking it might appeal to the demographics in Atlanta.

58 minutes ago, Doubt Tea said:

Didn't Byfuglien throw Kane's clothes into the shower while they were on the jets?

Or what about Bellemare and Reeves on the golden knights. They literally play on the same line.

1 hour ago, Doubt Tea said:

Oilers have Jones and Nurse currently. They also had Grier, Carter, and Laraque all at the same time in the early 2000s.

Philly also had Bellmare, Emery, and Simmonds 

Archived